2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Like a rock!

By on Friday, October 2, 2015

Pros: "Reliability!!!!! Decent gas mileage for a 3/4 ton."

Cons: "Rough ride."

"This truck is used to run a construction company and is always on the move. Average about 50k to 60k miles a year on it. Currently at 216,000 and the only two repairs this truck has needed have been a transfer case seal and a axle seal. So far it has been the most reliable truck we have had the pleasure of owning. Without a doubt when the day comes to replace it we will be purchasing another chevy."

Best HD truck on the market

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "11 cupholders! Fun to drive, can do anything"

Cons: "Should've bought it sooner!"

"I've owned this truck for a year and had absolutely zero issues and love this truck! Diesel mileage is awesome vs gas 6.0 Vortec and I get 17-21 (up to 24 if doing 60-65mph feathering it on the interstate). It will tow/haul anything coming or going. 9,000 lb boxed trailer that was 9' tall in rainy/windy conditions I could not even tell it was behind me. Stabilitrack kept me from jack knifing this trailer in the rain on weird angles. Truck only squated down 0.5" with 9k behind it. Power was on demand anytime I needed it and the jake brake (turbo brake) is awesome on steep inclines and stop and go red light driving while towing. It will out accelerate a new dodge 2500 or ford 2500. DEF is not bad it has a pretty good range and the allison trans is one of the best out there. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy Chevrolet. Quality and convenience of usb ports and electric start and nice luxuries to get if able."

Reasonable value

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun to drive, for a truck"

Cons: "transmission self destructs after 100k miles"

"I bought this truck new and off the lot it got about 12 mpg city and 17 mpg highway. I added a K&N cold air kit and a performance MAF, and reprogrammed the computer with a Jet reprogrammer for best economy, lowered the transmission shift points as far as they'd go. MPG improved dramatically - 17 city and 25 highway. Its run flawless for the first 100k miles with just minor - recall and warranty issues. Its comfortable and quite sporty for a HD 4x4. GM under rated the HP at 300hp, it clearly has lots more. Interior complaint - only 2 cup holders and the center seat doesn't fold to make a console/arm-rest. But at 108000 miles, the transmission gave out - the torque converter self destructed and sent junk throughout the transmission - ruining it. Replacement cost - $4000. I'd buy another one set up the same way - but trade it in at 100k miles before the transmission gives out."

Great Truck/ Great Resale

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Very strong diesel engine. Manages my 11,500lb camper with authority. I bought it new for around $37,000 and it is really holding resale value."

I'm sick of this truck

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Brake problems from day one. Transmission problems and funny noises when shifting from day one. Burning brake smell coming from the truck at 6000 miles that the dealers says is normal. Now I have a check engine light at 7000 miles! I've only owned this truck for 5 months! This truck has been back to the dealer 4 times now with no fixes and has now been in the shop for 5 full days. What is going on? This truck is a LEMON!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals