2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 407 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Not Happy

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

"This truck is giving me too many transmission and brake problems. Truck has trouble shifting out of 2nd gear in colder weather. It slips or even stays stuck in 2nd gear at times. I've also started seeing a lot of build up around the transmission tail housing. Dealer has done everything but find fixes to the problems with the trans and brakes. I was reading a different KBB consumer review that had mentioned brake problems with their truck. The problems I'm having sound similar to that. This maybe a problem that many other owners are having. If you're looking for a 3/4 ton truck, I DO NOT recommend people buy this vehicle."

Loves gas

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"My Ext Cab Silverado 2500HD is both gutless and gas guzzling. Doesn't that sound like a winning combination? The 6.0L gas engine is smooth, but it doesn't develop the kind of low-end power you need in a truck. If you tow a trailer, you'll find that the transmission will frequently down shift to keep the truck going the speed you want even in tow mode. I also have my complaints about quality and reliability with this vehicles. I've been back to the dealer once for a faulty seat belt reminder that would sometimes stay on after buckling up, twice in 10k miles to have the rotors resurfaced for squeaking and once to complain about leaks around the right valve cover. Dealer told me the "that some oil build up" is "normal for all their engines. Really? An engine oil leak at 11k miles is "normal"???"

Power is good. 6sp tranny' smooth.

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Dealership not able to fix vibration problem. GM will not stand behind thier 5yr/100k powertrain warranty."

I wouldn't do it again

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks great"

Cons: "Engine, trans, brake problems, interior"

"Smooth engine, feels solid, good stopping power, great looking truck... But the interior of this truck needs more storage and cup holders, you do not have much ground clearance for truck with so little cab clearance, and the transmission and gas 6.0 are pretty pathetic. Poor gas mileage, poor power development, terrible gearing, erratic shifts and shutters are some of the things I'm not liking about this truck... I also have strange clunking and popping sounds coming front the right front. And I've been back to dealer twice for issues with brakes."

I want my Ford back!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "It does look good."

Cons: "Underpowered gas engine, unreliable, cheap interior, extremely poor handling."

"Well, it's going back to the dealer for even more problems. The warranty will take care of new transmission next week... But being under warranty is the only good part of all this. The truck spends more time sitting because of defects than it does making money for my company. If it sits, it's no good to me. I need a truck to be reliable. GM, you can have your truck back."

6 problems after owning it for only 1 month!!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Smooth engine, looks great, nice to have a 100k warrnty...looks like I'll need it."

Cons: "Cheap interior, very little storage, engine is slugish, terrible handling, rides like a rock"

"I'm VERY disappointed! This truck has had everything from oil leaks to a bad door mechanism, a transmission that likes to go thud, clunk and shutter to brakes that don't apply evenly and that like to drag after you let go of the brake pedal... Now I have a new problem with my tailgate not wanting to lock! I have never had a vehicle this poorly made!! I'm happy my dealer is trying to fix the issues, but I can't understand how a vehicle this new and expensive could have so many defects in less than one month."

great truck has been very dependable

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "most depenable truck I've owned"

Cons: "needs a out side temperture gage"

"This is my work truck where during the harvest I pull over 20,000 pounds with it everyday for 2 months. I have the 6.0L engine and I am very pleased with it. I have owned Ford, Dodge, and Chevy diesels and I am not disapointed in what this engine will do. I have pulled trailers up some of the steeps hills on the interstate without needing anymore power. With the cost of buying and maintaing a diesel truck we as a company are using these trucks and they have been great. The company bought two new Dodge Diesel trucks this year and in under a year spent almost $10,000 each in repairs. Our gas Chevy trucks have not been in the shop. The new EPA requirements on the diesels are to much for them. We could not keep a clean fuel filter in them and when they get dirty at 2000 milles or less the fuel range drops to below 10 miles per gallon. However with my gas engine I have over 88,000 miles on it during my first year driving it and no problems. Just change the oil and go. I would of given it all 9's if it came with a out side temperture gage and a softer ride when empty."

Solid truck but....

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "power, great driving experience."

Cons: "doesnt come with the allison tranny, over priced"

"Love the truck, it rides good, the power is great (definitely chip it, its night and day in performance) the only thing I dont like is that the transmission seems to slip sometimes and ive had something fixed on the tranny (power tran warranty covered it but still). Took it off roading hard in the desert did great but I hate that it doesnt have the differential lock, really effects the trucks ability (planning to get it installed)Solid motor, great power, love how the truck rides, very solid frame, sturdy. I loaded a crate of cynder blocks (4000lbs) the truck carried it with out a problem and with ease!"

Great truck. I love it in every way.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "fully loaded - plush, tows great, very comfortable"

Cons: "price new was a little steep"

"We tow our horses with this truck all the time on long trips and short. It always feels well anchored, far better than my 1/2 ton pickup. It has always been reliable, and even when the trailer brake failed, the truck was able to handle all of the braking comfortably enough. The Allison trans was a big aid in that situation (even in mountainous driving). The only real problems we've had with it have been from the trailer brake problem which caused the truck's brakes to wear prematurely. the only thing I would change about it would be better fuel economy (we're getting around 14.5mpg while towing), which has decreased over time, but I think that's more because of falling fuel quality, rather than the truck."

Best truck I have owned out of 12

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Hardest working truck in the used truck market now"

Cons: "I wish I could afford a fleet of these"

"You need a highly reliable, hard working truck? This is it. 6.0L Gas - Wow! an engine and drive train that the owner can actually maintain at his home garage. Over 100k on this one and hooks up to my 24ft gooseneck to pull a load of cattle up the hill today!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals