2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 1279 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Best Pickup on the Road

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I am not emotionally attached to this vehicle (in fact, it is more truck than I need and I would sell it to the right person). I have the Duramax diesel. While I am sure there are many good vehicles on the road, this truck is spectacular. It gets over 20 mpg on the road, has excellent towing ability, is comfortable to drive, is well deisnged - adults can sit in the rear seats (club cab version) indefinitely in comfort. Generally, it is quiet (for a diesel), does not smell of fuel, warms rapidly and performs well in cold weather (I use it mainly in Utah and Idaho), and is relatively maintenance free. I have pulled horse trailers through storms, pulled a variety of utility trailers, mainly on good roads, pulled ATV trialers across switchbacked mountain two-track roads, driven through several ATV only tracks, and made tracks all through the desert. I have never had a problem escept as noted below. The only flaws of which I am aware include (1) recalls associated with instrument panel, middle rear seatbelt, and talegate cables, - all handled by GM without cost or hassle, (2) some reported incompatibilities with the trailer wiring harness."

I so glad I bought this

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I went from Dodge, to Ford to Chevy. I like the fact that the Dodge has the Cummins Engine, but the Chevy has the Allison Tranny. I liked the looks of the Ford. I thought, how can I get a Ford with a Cummings engine and Allison Tranny. My wife didn't like the size of the Dodge or Ford. They seemed to big. The Chevy road like a car (even though it was the 2500 HD Deisel). After a few try-outs, and months of negotiating, (because they want allot more for the Chevy) we settled on the 2500 HD Deisel. I am so happy with it and glad I took the time to buy the Chevy. I have NOTHING but great things to say about it."

Best pickup I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

"I bought it new in 2002, and had very few problems with it. I constantly towed a 12000# skidloader, and have never touched the transmission, or engine. This Chevy has close to 200,000 miles on it, and still running strong."

One of the best I've owned.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

"I've put just under 100,000 miles on it with minimal expenditures for repairs. No major repairs required. Other than brake pads and rotors there have been no big ticket items needing replacement. Performed normal maintainance every 3,000 miles. tows 7,000 lb. camper like it is not there. tows my bass boat anywhere."

I LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, powerful"

Cons: "Front hubs not robust"

"This truck is awesome and fast. I will never buy a gas powered pickup truck again. The engine is extremely powerful and designed with maintenance in mind. Routine maintenance (oil/filter change, air filter, transmission filter, etc) is really easy and the truck even tells me when it's time to do it. Even fully loaded with firewood or mulch it's like the truck doesn't even notice the load is there. When I get to a stop light there are very few cars that can beat me off the line. The four wheel drive works great in sand, mud, and snow. My wife tries to steal it every chance she get's b/c she loves to drive it too. The only real complaint I have is that the front hubs are not robust enough for this truck and tend to wear out. I'm on my second set. I had OEM hubs installed when I replaced them since it's under warranty but next time I'm going to buy some stronger after market hubs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals