2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 1279 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Best Truck on the Road

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "dependable durable-235,000 miles still going stron"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"Why anyone would look beyond Detroit for a light-duty truck is beyond me. America owns this category and GM is the best of the best when it comes to trucks. Smooth ride, dependable, durable. Good value on top of that. Ford and Dodge , don't give up-you're close. Toyota and the rest-stick to making compact cars, that's what you know how to do!"

This Truck ROCKS

By on Saturday, November 26, 2016

Pros: "Just a solid truck"

Cons: "injector problem."

"I have the hd 2500 hd LS. God I love this truck there is no joke when they say it pulls like a train that is the absolute truth of the matter. I got this truck used with 108k and the only real issue I found out after buying the truck was the fact that Chevy had an issue with the injectors and I replaced them all when it was an issue. now truth be told I have been really good about changing oils including the tranny and everything else on time and when I got it since I did not know where I was at I did everything right after I got it so I had a base. my wife thinks that I will want a new truck Yeah thats is not going to happen with these trucks around 53k to get now and that there is more stuff on them that the truck does not need. I would rather spend another 20k with a new motor and tranny then to get another truck Love this Truck."

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

cant beat the duramax

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"other than the injector problems witht the LB7 (GM covered upto 200,000mi) its a great fuel effient full size truck with style, i get 24mpg on mine! thats awesome for a 6.6, it gets the same fuel mileage as most imports BUT when i need to haul or pull something i got the extra power. i know have 270,000mi on my wonderul truck and still looks almost as good as it did when it came off the showroom floor, ive replaced the fuel injector pump and the transfer case, GM replaced the injectors"

best truck out there

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I bought my truck new in 2003 and i still have it today. I would not trade it for the world. I pull a 30ft livestock trailer 275 days out of the year. I have replaced the water pump and the batteries. The truck has over 365,000 miles. It has tons of power. The automatic allison tranny is ultra smooth. The truck is still running as good as it did in 03. Sorry it's not for sale."

Best of Five...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"My last three new pickups have been a Dodge, Ford, and this 99 Chev Silvarado 2500. I have plowed with each of them, and hauled heavy loads. The 99 Chev is the best truck I've owned! My only complaint is the mileage, but, it's a 3/4 ton 4 whl drive with the 6 ltr engine. It gets from 10-14 mpg, usually closer to 10, since I drive it around the cities. If you need a reliable heavy duty truck, I recommend the Silvarado 2500 with no reservation."

This Thing Rocks!!!!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"This is my 7th GM Truck and my 2nd Diesel ever. I'll never own a gas powered truck again. The 06' Duramax Turbo Diesel Motor is the quietest and most powerful (stock) I've come across to date and is quicker than every other stock truck I've come up against to date, including the 8.1L Vortec Gas Powered Trucks. The Allison Transmission is... well..... an "Allison". Warrantee is in excess of I believe 200k Miles. It's noted by Edge as the only Transmission to have never failed or even slipped when tested in max output setting #5 which yeilds around 1100 Ft. lbs. Torque. Leather interior, Bose Speakers, Moon Roof, Special Rim's, Lift Kit and Special Factory Paint along with just slipping under the new 2007 & Up Diesel Reg's and Chevy's awful (my opinion) new "Shoe Box" Body Design change, round this out as one of, if not the, Sharpest, most Comfortable Trucks on the Road."

hd2500 diesel pickup

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Wonderful Truck no problems , 16 city mpg and 23 highway not bad for a 7,000 truck, pulls a 34ft trailer with no effort."

RUNS AND RUNS

By on Thursday, July 31, 2008

"I OWN 4 IN MY BUSINESS WITH 340,000 MILES, 280,000 MILES, 220,000 MILES, AND 185,000 MILES ON THEM AND STILL STRONG."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, May 4, 2008

"I work this truck hard. I fill it with dry wall to the top of the bed. 66K miles and never a problem. This is a 2001 6.0 gas 2500 silverado. Lately its been abused by running 1.6 mile trips daily. I've pulled a 13,000 pound trailer with a Bob cat (trailer and tractor total weight). This truck pulls great. It stops great. I had a Toyota before this, and there is no comparison between an American tough built truck and a Toyota toy truck. The Japanese can make all kinds of claims, but until you've tried both for a few years each you can't make a good decision on what is better. I owned the Toyota for 7 years and the Chevy for 7 years. The Chevy has not had one visit to the shop except for maintenance. My Toyota had the transmission out 7 times, Mass airflow sensor go out, temp sensor kept going out which made the engine surge all the time. The Chevy is flawless. The Japanese used to say just turn the key and go. My Chevy is the same and better yet. I really think the US quality of cars and trucks has surpassed the Japanese cars and trucks. The fuel milage is better on my Chevy that the Tundra. Ok I did have to spend some money on my truck. I wore out a set of tires. I had to put new tires on the truck. With as hard as I pull and carry with this truck, I don't blame the poor tires for wearing out. I love my Chevy truck."

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"This truck pulled a 12,000lb shipping container over 900 miles. Fuel mileage was around 10 miles per gallon. It usually runs 19 on the highway."

buy the diesel

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Great power and fuel economy. Buy the 6.6L turbo diesel. Check the resale, vehicle holds the initial upcharge for the 6.6L for the life of truck. I get close to 20mpg highway and average better than 17 around town. More torque than anything out there. Pulls my 5th wheel like it isn't even there. Great truck!!!"

Best Pickup on the Road

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I am not emotionally attached to this vehicle (in fact, it is more truck than I need and I would sell it to the right person). I have the Duramax diesel. While I am sure there are many good vehicles on the road, this truck is spectacular. It gets over 20 mpg on the road, has excellent towing ability, is comfortable to drive, is well deisnged - adults can sit in the rear seats (club cab version) indefinitely in comfort. Generally, it is quiet (for a diesel), does not smell of fuel, warms rapidly and performs well in cold weather (I use it mainly in Utah and Idaho), and is relatively maintenance free. I have pulled horse trailers through storms, pulled a variety of utility trailers, mainly on good roads, pulled ATV trialers across switchbacked mountain two-track roads, driven through several ATV only tracks, and made tracks all through the desert. I have never had a problem escept as noted below. The only flaws of which I am aware include (1) recalls associated with instrument panel, middle rear seatbelt, and talegate cables, - all handled by GM without cost or hassle, (2) some reported incompatibilities with the trailer wiring harness."

I so glad I bought this

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I went from Dodge, to Ford to Chevy. I like the fact that the Dodge has the Cummins Engine, but the Chevy has the Allison Tranny. I liked the looks of the Ford. I thought, how can I get a Ford with a Cummings engine and Allison Tranny. My wife didn't like the size of the Dodge or Ford. They seemed to big. The Chevy road like a car (even though it was the 2500 HD Deisel). After a few try-outs, and months of negotiating, (because they want allot more for the Chevy) we settled on the 2500 HD Deisel. I am so happy with it and glad I took the time to buy the Chevy. I have NOTHING but great things to say about it."

Best pickup I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

"I bought it new in 2002, and had very few problems with it. I constantly towed a 12000# skidloader, and have never touched the transmission, or engine. This Chevy has close to 200,000 miles on it, and still running strong."

One of the best I've owned.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

"I've put just under 100,000 miles on it with minimal expenditures for repairs. No major repairs required. Other than brake pads and rotors there have been no big ticket items needing replacement. Performed normal maintainance every 3,000 miles. tows 7,000 lb. camper like it is not there. tows my bass boat anywhere."

I LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, powerful"

Cons: "Front hubs not robust"

"This truck is awesome and fast. I will never buy a gas powered pickup truck again. The engine is extremely powerful and designed with maintenance in mind. Routine maintenance (oil/filter change, air filter, transmission filter, etc) is really easy and the truck even tells me when it's time to do it. Even fully loaded with firewood or mulch it's like the truck doesn't even notice the load is there. When I get to a stop light there are very few cars that can beat me off the line. The four wheel drive works great in sand, mud, and snow. My wife tries to steal it every chance she get's b/c she loves to drive it too. The only real complaint I have is that the front hubs are not robust enough for this truck and tend to wear out. I'm on my second set. I had OEM hubs installed when I replaced them since it's under warranty but next time I'm going to buy some stronger after market hubs."

By on Friday, May 2, 2008

"I bought this vehicle new in Dec 2002 and have not had any problems with one minor exception of having to have the instrument panel computer reflashed. Was a warranty item and in and out withing 15 minutes. The vehicle has been used to pull a ProAir Nautique ski boat and a loaded cargo trailer without any problems. With the Duramax, I have been easily able to maintain highway speeds as high as 70+ mph pulling a loaded trailer and 4 passengers for 600 plus miles from NC to FL. Would tell you the actual speed but that would be over the speed limit! Fully recommend this vehicle with the Duramax and Allison Transmission. Around 18 MPG highway without load."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"I bought this pickup new, and have absolutely loved it. Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Enough power to pull anything I've ever tied on to, and very reliable. Hasn't need much in the way of repairs, still has original brake pads."

strong truck

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"very nice truck.plenty of power and torque with the 6.0.just hope gas prices go down soon!gets about 12 in town and 15 on highway"

Best truck for the job

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"We use this truck to pull our trailer and the truck has so much power you hardly feel the trailer, we had positraction installed which helps the rear."

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

great

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"This is an excellent truck. Have owned for 3 yrs, bought used and have never had an issue with it. It has never been in the shopr for other than routine maintenence and has never let me down. Will pull anything I have hooked up to it. I have a 5th wheel TT that wieghs in at 12,000 lbs and it pulls it without hesitation."

Best Truck I ever had.

By on Friday, February 26, 2010

"This is my third truck I have owned. First Truck was a Dodge and only kept it for a year because it wsa falling apart. Second Truck was a Silverado 1/2 ton. Great truck. Now I got a 3/4 ton with the Duramax. By far blows every other truck out of the water. Great power for towing. Very reliable. I have had it for 3 years now and at 76000 miles no probelms."

all around value

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I have an 06 2500HD with the 6ltr crew cab long bed 4X4. I have had this truck for just over a year and had no problems tell december 09 when the trans.. went out. come to finde out the tranny failed at 18600 (b4 i got it) so in short this would be tranny #3 in under 100k miles. i have had contact with GM and depending on how thay choose to take care of the problem will be the factor as to if i ever own a GM again. I have had 3 chevys b4 this one. i had a 73 2wd that had over 200k never had any problems with this truck. #2 97 4x4 1/2 ton put a tranny in it at 87k miles i just payed for it never had another problem after that. now my 06 2500hd needs a tranny at 90k. i think its not to much to expect that you should get more then 100k miles on a tranny??? other then that i love this truck it drives like a truck rides like one had moves big loads like one. it get truk feul econ. not as bad as the dodge and ford counter parts but it gets about 12mpg around town i have gotten as good as 18mpg on a long road trip and i get 11.5 with my 4000lb camper on the back and 11mpg the my camper on it and pulling my 21ft boad (15000lbs) not too bad if you ask me"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals