• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Dependable work truck, not good in snow/ice

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Fair price, reliable, good for everyday"

Cons: "Poor traction in slippery conditions"

"I drive this truck everyday & have taken great care of it. Bought it certified used at 30k miles. Have put on 15k in 2 years. Only normal wear and tear replacements (spark plugs, wires, air filter, tires). I have towed approximately 6500-7000 lbs with it for 130 miles in tow mode, had no problems. Great for local work. It's not very fancy but it is dependable, tough, and user friendly. The only thing the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado WT 4.3L V6 2WD version lacks is traction control. Be sure to add weight in the bed if driving in snowy or icy conditions, and have good treads on your tires, rear tires especially."

Great truck

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "plenty of power to do whatever you need to do"

Cons: "por fuel millage"

"I have one that my company bought for me to use and it is a great truck i pull a 3k pound trailer probly 75% of the time and it pulls great. The only thing i dont like about it is the fuel economy empty i get about 18mpg pulling the trailer i get between 8 and 10 mpg depending on the conditions."

Excellent value & condition

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pros: "Great condition; another 80,000 miles or more"

Cons: "Slight paint scrapes on rear panel"

"This vehicle has been an excellent performer whether it was towing our 25' Jayco trailer, getting to the fishing hole or trips across the USA. Its entire life has been run on high grade synthetic oils, regular maintenance between 3,000-5,000 miles. Minor scratches on right rear panel. Has a Thule rack system with padded crossbars; coated pickup bed. Chrome running boards."

Good reliable truck

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive very comfortable"

Cons: "Inside of bed is easily dented."

"I bought this truck brand new, it had a couple of minor issues under warrany, but they were covered with no cost to me. What is dissapointing is that AFTER the warranty expired it starting having more issues that were minor in nature,but expensive to fix.(shift bushings, airbag sensors,etc)I have 72,000 miles on it. I would expect to replace brakes and tires, battery etc, but this other stuff is a bit troubling. Other than that it has never had a major breakdown. It has had every service needed done on schedule."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals