2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1294 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

BEST TRUCK EVER BOUGHT

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "Smooth and comfortable to ride in and drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I own the 1500 4WD Crew Cab LTZ with the Z71 Off-Road package. Nice smooth ride and comfortably in side. Pleanty of leg room up front and room for the kids in the back."

Very Nice Truck!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Very pleased with this Truck. Rides and drives very firmly with no shakes and vibrations. Power of the Duramax Diesel is insane! Love the LT features inside. Could not be happier with this purchase!"

love this truck!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"I use it for everyday driving and towing horse trailer. No problems, great ride and handling, much better than my 99 truck was.The four doors are great, vs my three door. Mileage is very good."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "small cupholders"

"Great ride and comfort. All the power I can use and then some. This is the first truck I've ever owned in 30 plus years that wasn't four wheel drive. So far no Issues at all with it. Upgraded from a 1998 silverado 4x4 with the 5.7,really liked that truck but this one beats it in every aspect. Mileage, ride and comfort is far superior. So far the actual mileage has been between 17.5 and 22.I guess the only issues are very minor, cup holders should be bigger, but other than that, everything is good. I really like that the ride height is the same for this 2x as it is for a 4x."

Nice Truck

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Styling, power, mileage"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I am person that likes to get something new every 2 years. I am not really loyal to brand, but this is a really nice truck. I have the 09 TX Edition Crew Cab, 5.3L, 6 speed, w/Leather interior. I bought this truck new, and have had absolutely no issues with it. I get 12-15mpg city/20mpg hwy. It has great pickup, good towing power, and overall is very comfortable going down the highway or sitting in traffic. My ownly complaint is the road noise, but that could be the 20" TX Edition wheels."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Great PU to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "Door locks failed to work less than 3 yrs."

"Love this vehicle. Rides and handles,on and off road, like a dream. Great fuel milage for a V8 w/4wd. Tows boat very well and isn't effected by added weight. Only problem I have had is failure of door locks, both sides."

2008 chevy silverado Ltz

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I bought it new but it has eaten tires on the front since day one. I believe it was wrecked or something. Following the truck you can see its kind of offset as it goes down the road. Not near the power or the fuel mileage of my 2005 model that I paid $10,000 less for! Luxery wise its the king. Sun/moon roof, all leather and bells and whistles I am still finding but they need to concentrate on mechanics and leave the fluff to Cadillac."

Great Pickup!!!

By on Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"I have owned this truck for over a year and have never had any issues at all. Gas mile is comparable to other pickup makes and models. I get 16-17mpg in the city and 19mpg on the freeway (driving 70mph). Driving 60mph I can get about 21mpg. The seats are very comfortable and the console and arm rests are at a comfortable height. The body styling is second to none and I haven't got tired of the design. It is fun to drive. I have the v8 5.3L. Plenty of power. I have never pulled a trailer or had any heavy loads so I can't speak for that. The interior is simple and ergonomically pleasing. Mine has radio controls on the steering wheel which is very handy (no pun intended). The extended cab is great too. They open like suicide doors (car company don't call them that). You have to open the front door to open the back door and you have to close the back door before you close the front door. Thats the only thing that takes getting used too. I don't have kids or tote around a lot of people, but the back seat is comfortable, I took a 16 hr road trip and rode in the back seat alone for 6 hrs and felt comfy. Really big people might find it too small though. I went for the extended cab because I wanted 4 doors and a longer bed but didn't want it to be the extra long wheel base. If you get the larger 4 door truck most of the beds are only 5 ft long to keep in on the short wheel base frame. Otherwise your truck is as long as a bus if you go bigger. So I felt extended cab with 6.5ft bed is a happy compromise. My truck came with 20inch wheels. It sits up almost as high as 4 wheel drive version but it doesn't look too big or tall. I change my oil religiously and use only synthetic oil. The engine has always ran smooth and quite. I have around 70,000 miles on it. It rides smooth and handles great. Not as smooth as my dads, he has 4WD and I think the extra weight helps the ride. When my wife and I go on trips we usually take my truck over her Altima because it rides better and has less road noise. My experience with snow and ice is limited to one 5 hr drive through a blizzard and it did great. I have Perrelli tires that look more like passenger tires than all terrain tires. Overall, I can't recommend this truck enough. I have driven late model Fords and Toyotas extensively. I'm just drawn to the Chevy more."

Love it!

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"She's beautiful on the inside and the outside (dark blue metallic that shines!). Her small 4.8 has a big personality...she can move! She's very stable in severe Winter conditions, with NO additional weight in the back. What can I say... I'm in love!"

09 Silverado LT V6

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I bought the 09 4.3 V6 auto 3.2 gears with locking differenntial. Have about 8500 miles on the vehicle. Ride is smooth but very stiff. Took the vehicle on a trip to KC MO and got about 24 mpg at 65 miles per hour and I get about 20-21mpg around town if I dont put my foot in it. Inside the cab is very quiet but there is a vibration coming from somewhere. Maybe the truck was made on a monday just when everyone thought GM was going to fold. It drives and looks nice. My wife needs a stepladder to get into the vehicle. I believe the 17" wheels are overkill. I dont appreciate the add ons, on star and tire monitors. Who needs them on a truck? If you cant keep track of tire pressure on the vehicle your riding in then sell your vehicles and walk. It doesnt use any oil and it has plenty of power for light loads. If your going to pull heavy loads constantly then you need one of the V8s. Except for the road vibration around 1400rpms, ie. 50-55mph the truck is solid and performs well. It rides very stiff and you need good kidneys if your going to keep the truck very long. If you require a very smooth ride then buy the Colorado. I have no doubt the truck is safe and reliable. I bought the metallic blue granite model regualr cab short bed. Its a great truck if you can afford all the add ons and non sense with government mandated add ons. Hope this review helps you with your selection."

Have had better Chevy's

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I have owned several GM vehicles, Not impressed with fit and finish with this truck, Seats are coming unstitched, power window made noise, Emblem on tailgate had to be replaced because it was coming off, can hear the body flex while driving, 4.8 is underpowered, Gas mileage is good around 22 on the highway, 16-18 city. For the first time I have actually thought about buying another manufactuers truck. Will not buy at the end of lease."

Squeaky Brakes

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I have had my truck into the shop 3 times now trying to fix the squeaky brakes, I am finally taking it to a 3rd party shop and going to pay out of pocket to have it fixed right."

SCARRY GOOD LOOKS

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"HAD TRUCK FOR 2 YRS DRIVE TO WORK DAILY NO PROBLEMS. BETTER RIDE THAN MY OLD 99 BUT PROBABLY DUE TO EXT CAB. HAD A SPRAY IN LINER BEFORE PICKED UP ITS GREAT NO SLIDING BAGGAGE. TAKE BACK TO DEALER FOR OIL CHANGES, GREAT DEALER SERVICE. 1 MINOR RECALL SO FAR LOVE TRUCK"

A LOT OF TRUCK FOR THE MONEY!!

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"I have had this truck for over a year, never with a problem and I am pretty tough on it! The styling is first class, and the performance it gives is top notch!! Compared to other truck owners I get great gas mileage (between 17-23) so it is all around a best buy!!"

''BEST TRUCK EVER''

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"2008 CHEVY SILVERADO LT CREW CAB 1500 4.8 L W/G80 AND A 2.5 INCH LEVEL KIT .BEST TRUCK EVER OWEND PERFFECT IN EVERY WAY.TOWS 3600 LB ON THE BED NO PROBLEM IT MIGHT TOW MORE BUT LEAF SPRNINGS ALMOST BOTTOM OUT.SWEET TRUCK OTHER THEN THAT"

Simply an incredible truck

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The new generation of Silverados are arguably the best trucks to ever roll out of Detroit. Everything about the quality of this truck is superb. It packs great performance and reliability from the 5.3L V8 while boasting excellent fuel economy for a 1/2 ton, V8 powered truck, 14-16mpg city and 20-21mpg highway. Active Fuel Management (V4 mode) is a great feature and isn't even noticable. The 4-spd tranny pulls hard while towing and driving around town. The Z71 4x4 platform is tough as nails when matched with high performing off-road tires, but still offers an incrediblly soft ride for road trips down the highway. Matched with the premium quality LTZ package, a luxurious interior makes you feel like you're rolling in a Cadillac. The body colored bumper, mirror tips, and door handles with the LTZ package give the truck a nice, clean look. This truck is capable of fitting an endless number of roles and is the best bang for your buck truck around. My Silverado is going strong as ever with the best resale value around. There's just no better feeling than driving across the roads of America in a true, American built machine."

WRECKED IT AND LOVE IT

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Christmas 06, my husband bought me an 07 Silverado and I've loved it since day one! Love the looks a woman gets in this awesome truck! June 12 2009 I was involved in an accident and my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was with me. A compact car slammed into the driver side. We were tossed a bit by the impact, but were virtually unhurt. The truck was totalled!! Can't wait to buy my 2009 Silverado!! Would not be in anything else!! Thanx CHEVY...WE LOVE YOU!!"

Great Pickup

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"I bought my Silverado last October, 7 months ago used with 31K miles on it. I was shocked to realize how nice it rides. It is awesome for a 4-Wheel Drive. I just love it over my 1997 Silverado I had for 11 years. So far, it's been a great buy for me. I get about 18 MPG so not to bad."

We love this TRUCK!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"We traded our 2006 Chev 1500 Extended Cab 4X4 Z71 truck for this truck. We love it! We are amazed at the improvement in the performance of the truck especially on the ice and snow. Of course, great mud and snow tires enhance the performance, but the comfort, ride and quality of the truck overall are unmatched in the market as far as we are concerned. We test drove Dodge and Toyota, but power and comfort were not even close to this outstanding truck! Test drive one before you buy anything else! You'll be sorry if you don't!"

Overall happy

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Pro's -I averge 16.5-18 mpg w/ 5.3l V8 & 4x4 config. Powerful, yet great milege. Looks great inside and out (fully loaded LTZ). Rides great on hwy or dirt. Interior of crew cab good for 4-5 adults. Very comfy. Con's- 18" rims make it hard to find larger aftermarket tires that will fit without level or lift kit. Some interior finishes wearing quickly. Front end ground clearence (plastic bumper stuff) bad for any serious offroading. OEM Bridgestone Dueler tires are garbage. Overall- purchased new as my dream truck and am happy. Wish the front end was higher to avoid scraping when offroad, but good because it makes me think twice before doing anything that might cause damage."

dissappointed

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"At 15716 miles, transmission failed. Front bumper is too low to ground. Did some very mild offroad driving and front bumper looked terrible after catching on a branch at less than 3 miles per hour."

Vortec Max

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I have had this truck for about 11/2 years and so far it has been great! This is the new body style Silverado and is arguably the best vehicle I have ever owned. I opted for the 6 liter engine (Vortec Max 4X4) with crew cab and will say it likes gas but I am still averaging 16.5 on the interstate at 75 mph. The truck is probably the smoothest riding and quietest truck I have ever owned and this includes an F150, Dodge 1500 and the old body Tundra. I noticed lots of complaints here about power and then noted those people purchased the 4.8L engine and then try to compare it to a Dodge Hemi! I will put my 6.0 against the Hemi anyday whether it be towing or racing and i can assure you the Dodge faithful will not like the results. In my opinion the GMT-900 body is heads and shoulders above the old Silverado and I am confident that anyone who buys one will be happy. I also opted for the LTZ package which includes just about everything and is super comfy. I have used this truck to tow a 30 ft Forest River Salem TT and have had no issues while towing. Overall all a great truck that I believe is as good or better than any foreign or domestic model."

Awsume if you like gutless trucks

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have had my truck for 24 months and have never been in the shop (knock on wood) for anything except maintence. I got about 23 mpg on the hwy at about 65/70mph in June when I went from DFW to central MO however, I get 13mpg in teh city driving to and from work. Only bad thing about the truck is the power and I'm not sure if its because of the rearend gears or the tranny but the truck wont get out of its own way. At hwy speeds it will pass with no problems adn run really good."

Best Value in a truck!

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"After reading the many reviews and owning Fords for the past 10 years I just had to get my 2 cents in. For all of the reviews that say the Ford trucks get about the same gas mileage I don't know how you drive your vehicles but I never got great mileage in a Ford truck including the Rangers. I had a 2000 Ranger XLT with a 3.0 and the best I ever got was 18.5 HWY miles. I bought a 2007 Silverado XLT extended cab with the 5.3 and I get 21 on the HWY and 17.9 AVG. This is better than any Ford Ranger or Explorer I ever owned and they aren't full size trucks!!! . For $400 buy a SuperChips tuner and get even better mileage and all the power you could want. I MEAN TIRE BURNING POWER and still keep the fuel economy. I don't think I will ever consider another Ford truck until they get the Fuel economy up with the Chevys."

excellent truck

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I love my truck. The 5.3 engine gives nearly sports-car acceleration with decent gas mileage, rare for a truck. I get better mileage in hills than on the flat interstate. I use the auto 4-wheel setting in town when the pavement is wet to avoid spinning the wheels at stop lights. My only complaint is that it rides a bit choppy on broken pavement. This isn't as noticeable on dirt. Sound system is very good and the wheel mounted controls are sweet once you get used to them and quit reaching for the radio. The electric rear window provides super ventilation, and the climate control works nicely in hot or cold. All together a comfortable and strong truck. Good for comfort and work."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals