2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1306 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

09 Silverado LT V6

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I bought the 09 4.3 V6 auto 3.2 gears with locking differenntial. Have about 8500 miles on the vehicle. Ride is smooth but very stiff. Took the vehicle on a trip to KC MO and got about 24 mpg at 65 miles per hour and I get about 20-21mpg around town if I dont put my foot in it. Inside the cab is very quiet but there is a vibration coming from somewhere. Maybe the truck was made on a monday just when everyone thought GM was going to fold. It drives and looks nice. My wife needs a stepladder to get into the vehicle. I believe the 17" wheels are overkill. I dont appreciate the add ons, on star and tire monitors. Who needs them on a truck? If you cant keep track of tire pressure on the vehicle your riding in then sell your vehicles and walk. It doesnt use any oil and it has plenty of power for light loads. If your going to pull heavy loads constantly then you need one of the V8s. Except for the road vibration around 1400rpms, ie. 50-55mph the truck is solid and performs well. It rides very stiff and you need good kidneys if your going to keep the truck very long. If you require a very smooth ride then buy the Colorado. I have no doubt the truck is safe and reliable. I bought the metallic blue granite model regualr cab short bed. Its a great truck if you can afford all the add ons and non sense with government mandated add ons. Hope this review helps you with your selection."

Have had better Chevy's

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I have owned several GM vehicles, Not impressed with fit and finish with this truck, Seats are coming unstitched, power window made noise, Emblem on tailgate had to be replaced because it was coming off, can hear the body flex while driving, 4.8 is underpowered, Gas mileage is good around 22 on the highway, 16-18 city. For the first time I have actually thought about buying another manufactuers truck. Will not buy at the end of lease."

Squeaky Brakes

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I have had my truck into the shop 3 times now trying to fix the squeaky brakes, I am finally taking it to a 3rd party shop and going to pay out of pocket to have it fixed right."

SCARRY GOOD LOOKS

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"HAD TRUCK FOR 2 YRS DRIVE TO WORK DAILY NO PROBLEMS. BETTER RIDE THAN MY OLD 99 BUT PROBABLY DUE TO EXT CAB. HAD A SPRAY IN LINER BEFORE PICKED UP ITS GREAT NO SLIDING BAGGAGE. TAKE BACK TO DEALER FOR OIL CHANGES, GREAT DEALER SERVICE. 1 MINOR RECALL SO FAR LOVE TRUCK"

A LOT OF TRUCK FOR THE MONEY!!

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"I have had this truck for over a year, never with a problem and I am pretty tough on it! The styling is first class, and the performance it gives is top notch!! Compared to other truck owners I get great gas mileage (between 17-23) so it is all around a best buy!!"

''BEST TRUCK EVER''

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"2008 CHEVY SILVERADO LT CREW CAB 1500 4.8 L W/G80 AND A 2.5 INCH LEVEL KIT .BEST TRUCK EVER OWEND PERFFECT IN EVERY WAY.TOWS 3600 LB ON THE BED NO PROBLEM IT MIGHT TOW MORE BUT LEAF SPRNINGS ALMOST BOTTOM OUT.SWEET TRUCK OTHER THEN THAT"

Simply an incredible truck

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The new generation of Silverados are arguably the best trucks to ever roll out of Detroit. Everything about the quality of this truck is superb. It packs great performance and reliability from the 5.3L V8 while boasting excellent fuel economy for a 1/2 ton, V8 powered truck, 14-16mpg city and 20-21mpg highway. Active Fuel Management (V4 mode) is a great feature and isn't even noticable. The 4-spd tranny pulls hard while towing and driving around town. The Z71 4x4 platform is tough as nails when matched with high performing off-road tires, but still offers an incrediblly soft ride for road trips down the highway. Matched with the premium quality LTZ package, a luxurious interior makes you feel like you're rolling in a Cadillac. The body colored bumper, mirror tips, and door handles with the LTZ package give the truck a nice, clean look. This truck is capable of fitting an endless number of roles and is the best bang for your buck truck around. My Silverado is going strong as ever with the best resale value around. There's just no better feeling than driving across the roads of America in a true, American built machine."

WRECKED IT AND LOVE IT

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Christmas 06, my husband bought me an 07 Silverado and I've loved it since day one! Love the looks a woman gets in this awesome truck! June 12 2009 I was involved in an accident and my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was with me. A compact car slammed into the driver side. We were tossed a bit by the impact, but were virtually unhurt. The truck was totalled!! Can't wait to buy my 2009 Silverado!! Would not be in anything else!! Thanx CHEVY...WE LOVE YOU!!"

Great Pickup

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"I bought my Silverado last October, 7 months ago used with 31K miles on it. I was shocked to realize how nice it rides. It is awesome for a 4-Wheel Drive. I just love it over my 1997 Silverado I had for 11 years. So far, it's been a great buy for me. I get about 18 MPG so not to bad."

We love this TRUCK!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"We traded our 2006 Chev 1500 Extended Cab 4X4 Z71 truck for this truck. We love it! We are amazed at the improvement in the performance of the truck especially on the ice and snow. Of course, great mud and snow tires enhance the performance, but the comfort, ride and quality of the truck overall are unmatched in the market as far as we are concerned. We test drove Dodge and Toyota, but power and comfort were not even close to this outstanding truck! Test drive one before you buy anything else! You'll be sorry if you don't!"

Overall happy

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Pro's -I averge 16.5-18 mpg w/ 5.3l V8 & 4x4 config. Powerful, yet great milege. Looks great inside and out (fully loaded LTZ). Rides great on hwy or dirt. Interior of crew cab good for 4-5 adults. Very comfy. Con's- 18" rims make it hard to find larger aftermarket tires that will fit without level or lift kit. Some interior finishes wearing quickly. Front end ground clearence (plastic bumper stuff) bad for any serious offroading. OEM Bridgestone Dueler tires are garbage. Overall- purchased new as my dream truck and am happy. Wish the front end was higher to avoid scraping when offroad, but good because it makes me think twice before doing anything that might cause damage."

dissappointed

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"At 15716 miles, transmission failed. Front bumper is too low to ground. Did some very mild offroad driving and front bumper looked terrible after catching on a branch at less than 3 miles per hour."

Vortec Max

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I have had this truck for about 11/2 years and so far it has been great! This is the new body style Silverado and is arguably the best vehicle I have ever owned. I opted for the 6 liter engine (Vortec Max 4X4) with crew cab and will say it likes gas but I am still averaging 16.5 on the interstate at 75 mph. The truck is probably the smoothest riding and quietest truck I have ever owned and this includes an F150, Dodge 1500 and the old body Tundra. I noticed lots of complaints here about power and then noted those people purchased the 4.8L engine and then try to compare it to a Dodge Hemi! I will put my 6.0 against the Hemi anyday whether it be towing or racing and i can assure you the Dodge faithful will not like the results. In my opinion the GMT-900 body is heads and shoulders above the old Silverado and I am confident that anyone who buys one will be happy. I also opted for the LTZ package which includes just about everything and is super comfy. I have used this truck to tow a 30 ft Forest River Salem TT and have had no issues while towing. Overall all a great truck that I believe is as good or better than any foreign or domestic model."

Awsume if you like gutless trucks

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have had my truck for 24 months and have never been in the shop (knock on wood) for anything except maintence. I got about 23 mpg on the hwy at about 65/70mph in June when I went from DFW to central MO however, I get 13mpg in teh city driving to and from work. Only bad thing about the truck is the power and I'm not sure if its because of the rearend gears or the tranny but the truck wont get out of its own way. At hwy speeds it will pass with no problems adn run really good."

Best Value in a truck!

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"After reading the many reviews and owning Fords for the past 10 years I just had to get my 2 cents in. For all of the reviews that say the Ford trucks get about the same gas mileage I don't know how you drive your vehicles but I never got great mileage in a Ford truck including the Rangers. I had a 2000 Ranger XLT with a 3.0 and the best I ever got was 18.5 HWY miles. I bought a 2007 Silverado XLT extended cab with the 5.3 and I get 21 on the HWY and 17.9 AVG. This is better than any Ford Ranger or Explorer I ever owned and they aren't full size trucks!!! . For $400 buy a SuperChips tuner and get even better mileage and all the power you could want. I MEAN TIRE BURNING POWER and still keep the fuel economy. I don't think I will ever consider another Ford truck until they get the Fuel economy up with the Chevys."

excellent truck

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I love my truck. The 5.3 engine gives nearly sports-car acceleration with decent gas mileage, rare for a truck. I get better mileage in hills than on the flat interstate. I use the auto 4-wheel setting in town when the pavement is wet to avoid spinning the wheels at stop lights. My only complaint is that it rides a bit choppy on broken pavement. This isn't as noticeable on dirt. Sound system is very good and the wheel mounted controls are sweet once you get used to them and quit reaching for the radio. The electric rear window provides super ventilation, and the climate control works nicely in hot or cold. All together a comfortable and strong truck. Good for comfort and work."

excellent work or play truck

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"180000 miles in 3 years. Total cost due to parts failures less than 3000. Overall experience including service a solid 9"

It is The TRUCK!

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"This is the best truck that i have ever owned. The ride and handling are great. I have gotten 21 mpg on a trip, and it is a 4x4. More people should look at this truck and drive it to see how good it truly is."

My 2010 Silverado

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems"

"Not a bad truck, but it could use a little more low-end torque and a better interior. If you've owned trucks before, you'll know they all love gas...Barely 15 mpg out of this thing in mixed driving. Haven't had any major problem with the truck, but I've had some squealing and brake dragging that keeps returning. Truck's mechanically solid overall."

Watch out Toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Having owned several GM vehicles over the years, this is without question one of the best vehicles GM has ever built. The fit and finish is tight, the paint is superb, the performance is surprising. Have been unable to find any defects or build issues. The 5.3L will snap your neck back if you catch the gearing just right. The steering is fun and the truck handles better than many cars. The interior is comfortable and will put you to sleep on long highway trips. The Active Fuel Managment is seamless. Been averaging around 17.5 mpg. Have not always been a big fan of GM quality, but it looks like the light bulb has finally come on. Hope GM can keep it up so we can send the Toyota's packing."

Excellent

By on Saturday, June 9, 2007

"I drove Ford pickups for many years. The new Silverado is light years ahead of Ford. I traded off a 2004 F150 with the 300 horse 5.4 for a 2007 Silverado with the 315 horse 5.3. I marvel at how the 5.3 is quieter, smoother, has more power, and is averaging 2 to 2.5 mpg mroe than the Ford!!With the Silverado's quiet ride, I now have no urge to consider a Crown Vic or Camry for a "Sunday car"."

buy a toyota

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Rusty frame and 8 to 12 mpg."

"Mexican Rust Bucket 8 to 12 mpg MAX! Dealer says rust is normal for a 3 month old truck."

GM won't stick by their warranty

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Great driving and riding."

Cons: "no cigarette lighter or ashtrays."

"GM refused to honor warranty due to vin number missing off of invoice and not taken to a dealer two days before Christmas and stranded in another state. Wheel bearing went on an interstate with no warning. Took out cv joint,rotor,caliper. The truck had 72000 miles. Since then the other wheel has a noise and they are saying its the tires and alignment. Took to GM dealer for the warranty and the plate number all matches the truck and they still wouldn't honor the warranty. This is a heck of a way to void a warranty. So if you get stranded better find a GM dealership and wait a few days for repairs. And hope it's not around a holiday."

Don't care for this truck

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"This truck has small leaks with both engine oil and transmission fluid, but the dealer doesn't see that as much of problem. They tried to make a fix on the trans fluid leak, but that didn't stop it. The dealer tells me that some seeping isn't "unusual" out of these trucks. It's something I shouldn't worry about. The transmission could also be smoother. It has a tendency to shutter and slip in the morning. I can understand it not performing at it's best in colder temperatures, but should it slip and shutter? It also runs hotter than I think it should in warmer temps. If the outside, temp is about 80F-100F, the trans will run about 180-220 with no trailer or load. the tires on this truck are now 3/4 worn with just 18000 miles. I've never needed tires this soon! I'm also disappointed in the 5.3L's performance. It's gas guzzling and underpowered when compared to Ford, Dodge, and even the Japanese brand truck's engines. I also have many complains about how plain and poorly made this interior is. Power door lock switch stopped working days after buying the truck, interior cabin lights flicker with the hazards on every time, and this interior needs more storage, better controls for the head lights, and easier reach for side pockets. And what is up with the upper glove box? Its shape and size make it hard to stuff anything in it. My last issue with this truck was the passenger clam door wouldn't fully lock. The upper latch completely broke. I don't know why this truck has had so many small issues, but it's become very annoying."

4.8 Motor

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "Love the look, design and ride"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"The 4.8 Motor is underpowered and will not pull a hard load. The gas mileage on the smaller engine is terrible compared to 5.3"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals