2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1296 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Simply an incredible truck

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The new generation of Silverados are arguably the best trucks to ever roll out of Detroit. Everything about the quality of this truck is superb. It packs great performance and reliability from the 5.3L V8 while boasting excellent fuel economy for a 1/2 ton, V8 powered truck, 14-16mpg city and 20-21mpg highway. Active Fuel Management (V4 mode) is a great feature and isn't even noticable. The 4-spd tranny pulls hard while towing and driving around town. The Z71 4x4 platform is tough as nails when matched with high performing off-road tires, but still offers an incrediblly soft ride for road trips down the highway. Matched with the premium quality LTZ package, a luxurious interior makes you feel like you're rolling in a Cadillac. The body colored bumper, mirror tips, and door handles with the LTZ package give the truck a nice, clean look. This truck is capable of fitting an endless number of roles and is the best bang for your buck truck around. My Silverado is going strong as ever with the best resale value around. There's just no better feeling than driving across the roads of America in a true, American built machine."

WRECKED IT AND LOVE IT

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Christmas 06, my husband bought me an 07 Silverado and I've loved it since day one! Love the looks a woman gets in this awesome truck! June 12 2009 I was involved in an accident and my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was with me. A compact car slammed into the driver side. We were tossed a bit by the impact, but were virtually unhurt. The truck was totalled!! Can't wait to buy my 2009 Silverado!! Would not be in anything else!! Thanx CHEVY...WE LOVE YOU!!"

Great Pickup

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"I bought my Silverado last October, 7 months ago used with 31K miles on it. I was shocked to realize how nice it rides. It is awesome for a 4-Wheel Drive. I just love it over my 1997 Silverado I had for 11 years. So far, it's been a great buy for me. I get about 18 MPG so not to bad."

We love this TRUCK!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"We traded our 2006 Chev 1500 Extended Cab 4X4 Z71 truck for this truck. We love it! We are amazed at the improvement in the performance of the truck especially on the ice and snow. Of course, great mud and snow tires enhance the performance, but the comfort, ride and quality of the truck overall are unmatched in the market as far as we are concerned. We test drove Dodge and Toyota, but power and comfort were not even close to this outstanding truck! Test drive one before you buy anything else! You'll be sorry if you don't!"

Overall happy

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Pro's -I averge 16.5-18 mpg w/ 5.3l V8 & 4x4 config. Powerful, yet great milege. Looks great inside and out (fully loaded LTZ). Rides great on hwy or dirt. Interior of crew cab good for 4-5 adults. Very comfy. Con's- 18" rims make it hard to find larger aftermarket tires that will fit without level or lift kit. Some interior finishes wearing quickly. Front end ground clearence (plastic bumper stuff) bad for any serious offroading. OEM Bridgestone Dueler tires are garbage. Overall- purchased new as my dream truck and am happy. Wish the front end was higher to avoid scraping when offroad, but good because it makes me think twice before doing anything that might cause damage."

dissappointed

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"At 15716 miles, transmission failed. Front bumper is too low to ground. Did some very mild offroad driving and front bumper looked terrible after catching on a branch at less than 3 miles per hour."

Vortec Max

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I have had this truck for about 11/2 years and so far it has been great! This is the new body style Silverado and is arguably the best vehicle I have ever owned. I opted for the 6 liter engine (Vortec Max 4X4) with crew cab and will say it likes gas but I am still averaging 16.5 on the interstate at 75 mph. The truck is probably the smoothest riding and quietest truck I have ever owned and this includes an F150, Dodge 1500 and the old body Tundra. I noticed lots of complaints here about power and then noted those people purchased the 4.8L engine and then try to compare it to a Dodge Hemi! I will put my 6.0 against the Hemi anyday whether it be towing or racing and i can assure you the Dodge faithful will not like the results. In my opinion the GMT-900 body is heads and shoulders above the old Silverado and I am confident that anyone who buys one will be happy. I also opted for the LTZ package which includes just about everything and is super comfy. I have used this truck to tow a 30 ft Forest River Salem TT and have had no issues while towing. Overall all a great truck that I believe is as good or better than any foreign or domestic model."

Awsume if you like gutless trucks

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have had my truck for 24 months and have never been in the shop (knock on wood) for anything except maintence. I got about 23 mpg on the hwy at about 65/70mph in June when I went from DFW to central MO however, I get 13mpg in teh city driving to and from work. Only bad thing about the truck is the power and I'm not sure if its because of the rearend gears or the tranny but the truck wont get out of its own way. At hwy speeds it will pass with no problems adn run really good."

Best Value in a truck!

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"After reading the many reviews and owning Fords for the past 10 years I just had to get my 2 cents in. For all of the reviews that say the Ford trucks get about the same gas mileage I don't know how you drive your vehicles but I never got great mileage in a Ford truck including the Rangers. I had a 2000 Ranger XLT with a 3.0 and the best I ever got was 18.5 HWY miles. I bought a 2007 Silverado XLT extended cab with the 5.3 and I get 21 on the HWY and 17.9 AVG. This is better than any Ford Ranger or Explorer I ever owned and they aren't full size trucks!!! . For $400 buy a SuperChips tuner and get even better mileage and all the power you could want. I MEAN TIRE BURNING POWER and still keep the fuel economy. I don't think I will ever consider another Ford truck until they get the Fuel economy up with the Chevys."

excellent truck

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I love my truck. The 5.3 engine gives nearly sports-car acceleration with decent gas mileage, rare for a truck. I get better mileage in hills than on the flat interstate. I use the auto 4-wheel setting in town when the pavement is wet to avoid spinning the wheels at stop lights. My only complaint is that it rides a bit choppy on broken pavement. This isn't as noticeable on dirt. Sound system is very good and the wheel mounted controls are sweet once you get used to them and quit reaching for the radio. The electric rear window provides super ventilation, and the climate control works nicely in hot or cold. All together a comfortable and strong truck. Good for comfort and work."

excellent work or play truck

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"180000 miles in 3 years. Total cost due to parts failures less than 3000. Overall experience including service a solid 9"

It is The TRUCK!

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"This is the best truck that i have ever owned. The ride and handling are great. I have gotten 21 mpg on a trip, and it is a 4x4. More people should look at this truck and drive it to see how good it truly is."

My 2010 Silverado

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems"

"Not a bad truck, but it could use a little more low-end torque and a better interior. If you've owned trucks before, you'll know they all love gas...Barely 15 mpg out of this thing in mixed driving. Haven't had any major problem with the truck, but I've had some squealing and brake dragging that keeps returning. Truck's mechanically solid overall."

Watch out Toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Having owned several GM vehicles over the years, this is without question one of the best vehicles GM has ever built. The fit and finish is tight, the paint is superb, the performance is surprising. Have been unable to find any defects or build issues. The 5.3L will snap your neck back if you catch the gearing just right. The steering is fun and the truck handles better than many cars. The interior is comfortable and will put you to sleep on long highway trips. The Active Fuel Managment is seamless. Been averaging around 17.5 mpg. Have not always been a big fan of GM quality, but it looks like the light bulb has finally come on. Hope GM can keep it up so we can send the Toyota's packing."

Excellent

By on Saturday, June 9, 2007

"I drove Ford pickups for many years. The new Silverado is light years ahead of Ford. I traded off a 2004 F150 with the 300 horse 5.4 for a 2007 Silverado with the 315 horse 5.3. I marvel at how the 5.3 is quieter, smoother, has more power, and is averaging 2 to 2.5 mpg mroe than the Ford!!With the Silverado's quiet ride, I now have no urge to consider a Crown Vic or Camry for a "Sunday car"."

buy a toyota

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Rusty frame and 8 to 12 mpg."

"Mexican Rust Bucket 8 to 12 mpg MAX! Dealer says rust is normal for a 3 month old truck."

GM won't stick by their warranty

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Great driving and riding."

Cons: "no cigarette lighter or ashtrays."

"GM refused to honor warranty due to vin number missing off of invoice and not taken to a dealer two days before Christmas and stranded in another state. Wheel bearing went on an interstate with no warning. Took out cv joint,rotor,caliper. The truck had 72000 miles. Since then the other wheel has a noise and they are saying its the tires and alignment. Took to GM dealer for the warranty and the plate number all matches the truck and they still wouldn't honor the warranty. This is a heck of a way to void a warranty. So if you get stranded better find a GM dealership and wait a few days for repairs. And hope it's not around a holiday."

Don't care for this truck

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"This truck has small leaks with both engine oil and transmission fluid, but the dealer doesn't see that as much of problem. They tried to make a fix on the trans fluid leak, but that didn't stop it. The dealer tells me that some seeping isn't "unusual" out of these trucks. It's something I shouldn't worry about. The transmission could also be smoother. It has a tendency to shutter and slip in the morning. I can understand it not performing at it's best in colder temperatures, but should it slip and shutter? It also runs hotter than I think it should in warmer temps. If the outside, temp is about 80F-100F, the trans will run about 180-220 with no trailer or load. the tires on this truck are now 3/4 worn with just 18000 miles. I've never needed tires this soon! I'm also disappointed in the 5.3L's performance. It's gas guzzling and underpowered when compared to Ford, Dodge, and even the Japanese brand truck's engines. I also have many complains about how plain and poorly made this interior is. Power door lock switch stopped working days after buying the truck, interior cabin lights flicker with the hazards on every time, and this interior needs more storage, better controls for the head lights, and easier reach for side pockets. And what is up with the upper glove box? Its shape and size make it hard to stuff anything in it. My last issue with this truck was the passenger clam door wouldn't fully lock. The upper latch completely broke. I don't know why this truck has had so many small issues, but it's become very annoying."

4.8 Motor

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "Love the look, design and ride"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"The 4.8 Motor is underpowered and will not pull a hard load. The gas mileage on the smaller engine is terrible compared to 5.3"

My 2010 Silverado

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "The trucks a very sharp."

Cons: "The bad the fuel mileage of the 4.8."

"I like my truck the only negative thing I can say is the 4.8 v8 is lacking the pulling power and why would the put one less overdrive in the 4.8? The gas mileage is less then the bigger 5.3 v8 so I would tell anyone to get the bigger motor and you would have more power and better gas mileage!"

By on Sunday, April 4, 2010

"First truck I ever bought, feels like I hit a jackpot. Crew Cab Texas edition. Everything that I expected and then some. This vehicle even turned my wife into a truck fan. Comfort is exceptional, styling is great. Gas mileage -- I guess, what you would expect with a truck, although not bad for V8. Highly recommend."

Dependable Best Truck

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"This is the third Silverado I have owned and like the others has been a great truck! 5.3L engine gets the same mileage my previous 4.8L had with more low end power. Fuel milage is around 16mpg in city on regular gas, 12mpg on E85. Highway mileage have acheived as high as 21 when cruising at 65 mph on regular gas, E85 is around 15mpg. Would not recomend E85 for highway as it consumes at a higher rate then in the city. Love the interior underseat storage on the 40/20/40 split seat, have installed GM accessory rear underseat storage which is a must have for carrying equipment. I also installed GM rear wheel house liners(should come from the factory). Stereo system is adequete. Mine is a 2WD, extended cab, power pack(5.3L), and interior upgrade package(power drivers seat, dual zone auto climate controls, bluetooth and audio controls). If you get a Silverado get the 17 in wheels as the 20's degrade the ride into a bumpy ride! Not as pretty but on long trips you'll be glad. Hands down is better styling and ride quality then the Ford and Toyota and when it comes to full size trucks I would never trust anyone more then my Chevrolet! I always have believed in buying American and this truck makes me proud to own a Chevrolet!"

Make sure to ask about the engine

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Reason: Engine problems

"The Active Fuel Management (AFM) system that is in place for this engine causes all kinds of problems. I bought this truck used with 100k thinking it was a Chevy so I'd still get at least another 50-75K out of the truck before I needed to do any major work on it. About 5K miles after I bought it the engine started to idle really rough. I thought maybe it'd go away with time but it only got worse. Took it to my mechanic who found fouled spark plugs, in the 4 cylinders that deactivate going from V8 to V4 mode. After some online research this is a not an uncommon problem with engines using AFM. Oil is sucked into the cylinders from the oil pan which causes the plugs to foul at a greatly accelerated rate. GM will state that the engine just uses more oil than your standard engine but it's being pulled into the cylinders and burned with the fuel. From what I've read there isn't a fix GM is willing to admit to and they haven't issued a recall so if you have this happen with your vehicle you're out of luck getting them to help fix it. One easy way seems to be removing the AFM programming from the vehicle's computer entirely with a chip or going into the code and removing it. Hopefully this review will help save others headache and money in the future when considering the purchase of a vehicle with this engine (5.3L V8 with AFM)."

2011 Z71

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Good handling and economy."

Cons: "Needs another power outlet."

"Excellent ride! Fun to drive and economical (18+mpg) 5.3V8. No complaints at all. Handles as well at interstate speed as working in the field. Can't go wrong."

Great performing truck

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles snow great"

Cons: "Typical american cheap plastic dash board"

"My Silverado has had no mechanical issues since purchased new. A great all around vehicle. Large enough to carry 6 passengers comfortably. Commuting in town I get 17mpg during the summer months and 15mpg on winter gas. Very comfortable ride, trucks no longer ride like trucks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals