2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 3023 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Would sell this vehicle to my grandmother !

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "5th wheel hitch matching cap LINEX bed remotstart"

Cons: "Needs new rear bumper (normal for Chevy )"

"I know trade in value of $6400 is for purchase of a new vehicle , but my truck is in very good cond And well cared for not a rusty auction sale worth 2000/2500! The only reason for trading is I can't work carpentry anymore due to illness I am proud of my vehicles ,stubborn and will keep it in my driveway if necessary! Thanks,Kevin C."

does everything I want, details could be better

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "does what the average person needs for a truck"

Cons: "could use better front end and electrical system"

"I have owned this truck since new. I don't intentionally abuse it but it does treck off road for getting to a good dirt bike spot. I don't baby the truck but don't intentionally abuse either. It has been relatively reliable but the front end seems undersize. I have put two sets of brake calipers on the front, ball joints, and recently front wheel bearings. I have also had a few electrical problems. The heater fan connectors get really hot and melt the conector. I also have a speedometer that doesn't work and because it is all one unit it is costly to replace. The steering makes a crucnhing noise but I have been told that it is due to a large tolerance between the slip shafts. The milage isn't that bad for a vehicle this size. It Overall it averages around 17 mpg. THe truck isn't bad but I would prefer a stronger front end and brakes. The driveline is good and I think the performance of the engine and transmission is well matched to the weight o fthe truck."

Awesome Truck

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride very reliable"

Cons: "Oil pressure plug is hard to replace"

"I bought my truck 8 years ago. At that time it had 15 miles on it. Now it has approx. 240,000 miles. I had some minor issues with it that I fixed myself. Which says a lot due to the fact that I am not a mechanic at all. It has a smooth ride, gets great gas mileage for a 5.3 v8. I'm a bigger guy and it has plenty of room for me. I will admit that I changed the oil and greased the joints every 3k to 5k miles. It has been reliable and a great truck for pulling my boat. Even with the miles that it has it is still a very good truck to own."

Best Truck Ever Owned

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "dependability"

Cons: "no control s on steering wheel"

"Very comfortable and dependable truck. All around good truck. I recommend this truck."

A GREAT, COMFORTABLE, CAPABLE, RELIABLE TRUCK

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "GREAT CONDITION; NO SURPRISES"

Cons: "NONE OR I WOULDN'T HAVE KEPT IT FOR 13 YEARS"

"ONE-OWNER SINCE NEW. ALWAYS EXCEPTIONALLY WELL MAINTAINED BY DEALER. Z71 OFFROAD. 5.3 V-8. GOOD GAS MILEAGE. HAVE HAD NO ISSUES MECHANICALLY OR COSMETICALLY. SUNSET ORANGE PAINT. STEP-SIDE BED WITH TONNEAU COVER. EXCELLENT BEIGE LEATHER INTERIOR. RECENT UPGRADE STEREO (XM, PANDORA, IPHONE, ETC). HAS EVERY AVAILABLE OPTION OFFERED FOR YEAR. NEVER ABUSED; NEVER DRIVEN OFF-ROAD. TOWED A BOAT ONCE. GREAT HIGHWAY CAR. DRIVES LIKE NEW. THERE IS NOTHING NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THIS VEHICLE."

Basic truck, no special options, excellent value.

By on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Drove this truck over 150,000 miles with just regular oil and tire changes with never a major repair."

Love my 4th Chevrolet 1500 truck!!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car, dependable, and roomy"

Cons: "Tranny slips a little on my 2001. 125K"

"I have owned (4) and would buy one again in a "heartbeat" I have bought (2) new and (2) used, and all have been wonderful:)"

1st Truck, & Best Truck in County

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

"This was my sons first vehicle, at 16. He is 18 now, graduating June of last year. He knew what he wanted, did the work and research necessary to find the right deal, drove a distance to get it and paid the seller cash, every penny he was asking bc it was EXACTLY what any young man would want and "Chevy" runs deep in our family. It was no doubt, the sweetest truck at school and still is in the county. Looks,confidence, security, practicality and convenience made this 4x4, lifted chevy perfect for him and the next proud owner. Regular maintainence performed. Upgrades added. Towing package, touch screen stero, back up sytem, Only wish for change would be : Better Gas Mileage!! BUT lOVES THE TRUCK..& most others do as well."

My dad bought this truck brand new in 2002

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great engine,Reliable,gets the job done everytime"

Cons: "Shocks are a little weak from weight over years"

"My dad bought this truck as a work truck for his business in 2002 Its got the 4.3L and is extended cab, He just upgraded to and 05 Silverado with the 5.3 and sold me this one, It has exactly 200k on it and runs like its brand new, hes had to replace the fuel pump once and the starter once, other then that it has been problem free and im confident I can get another 100k out of it easy, I absolutely love the truck and have no complains with it!"

Best truck ever!

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

"I bought my Silverado in 01 with 22, 000 miles, and have never regreted it once. My truck currently has 287, 754 miles on it and runs as good as the day it purchased it. Chevy did an outstanding job with the 5.3 Vortec engine, it gives plenty of power with decent gas mileage for its size. I have ran synthetic oil in it since day one and I did change the tranny at 92, 000 and the fuel pump at 130, 000 , but all in all the BEST TRUCK EVER!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals