2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 1294 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

By on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Getting advertised MPG

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "easy to use controls; reliable truck"

Cons: "Potential oil use"

"I bought the truck new in 2007. I have the 2WD WT regular cab w/5.3L flex fuel. I have averaged 19 MPG over the 111,000 miles that I have put on the truck. On long trips I average 20-22 MPG. With the 34 gallon tank I'll go 650 miles before refueling and still have a gallon or two left in the tank. However I drive the speed limits. The only concern that I have is that the truck burns a quart of oil every 2,700-3,000 miles. It's oil use has been slowly increasing. I change oil every 5,000-7,000 miles as do mainly highway driving."

Perfect Truck for Getting Work Done

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, rugged, comfortable"

Cons: "Road Noise and low front end at stock"

"This truck has been excellent, my job requires me to travel rutted and often muddy backroads roads (it was too low in the front at first, however adding a levelling kit and 33" tires made it capable of going anywhere I needed) as well as run up a lot of miles on the highway. I have had it for almost 2 years now and it has performed every task just as I would have expected and sometimes better. It tows really well with the 5.3 gets solid MPG's even while running oversized tires and is a very comfortable ride. The only knock I have on this truck is the amount of outside noise you can hear. I have test drove one of the 2014 Silverados and Chevy has certainly addressed that noise issue. All in all great truck and I got it at a great price as well."

Sweet vehicle, esp the 6.2L

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, very comfortable, great power."

Cons: "Can't think of anything I don't like about it."

Bought it, hadn't driven it yet.

"I've been shopping for a truck, all makes. Test drove a 2011 Silverado 5.3L, and also a 2009 Hybrid. Loved 'em both, almost bought one. On both vehicles observed 22 mpg on the freeway without even trying, and with good power. Then I came across a 2013 6.2L LTZ w/ max towing pkg, and decided to get that one. Awesome! Easily gets 18 mpg on fwy, hasn't gone below 12.5 mpg sitting/crawling in heavy traffic for miles and miles. The Dodge, Ford and Tundra are very nice trucks also, but I love the Silverado."

Bought it, hadn't driven it yet.

2012 Crew Cab Z71 4x4

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Great price on closeout 12 models. Classy styling"

"Still have my old 2500 HD (2001) farm truck and decided this year to upgrade somewhat with the 1500 crew cab Z71 package for hunting and hauling the family in. I have been very pleased with my old chevy and this model looks like a repeat with many newer features for comfort & safety. I went with the 5.3liter engine that provides plenty of power combined with a smooth operating six speed transmission. My first off road test with this vehicle exceeded expecations! The overall fit & finish both inside and out is exceptional. Bluetooth, remote start,and radio sound quality is outstanding. Truck is well laid out with driver info at the touch of a button. Dealer incentives and customer service were "top shelf"!"

So far best silverado I have owned

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cons: "Hard to get into"

"The only change I would like to make is to lower the truck to be the same height off the groud, as my 2003 Silverado."

drives and rides great, good gas mileage

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "good price, decent resale, solid truck, works hard"

Cons: "steering column coupling knocks"

"2007 crew-cab short bed LS trim. No major problems, just changed the auto tranny fluid 125K (a bit late for the 100K recommendation) and new set of plugs (iridium is a bit pricey). Spend lots of time on the road, average 20 mpg if I stay 65 or under, drops to 18 if I get in a hurry and run 75 (numbers with soft-top bed cover). Towing package pulls 7K no problem, like the electrical hook-up (4-way and big-boy combo) for different trailers."

Not too happy with the gas mileage

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

"I rarely see more than 13-15 mpg combined. Not only is the fuel economy not that great, the engine not that gutsy. I'm also having reliability issues with this truck."

Great vehicle at Reasonable Cost

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Power and handling."

"Great power and towing capability. 5.3 gets 20 mpg at 65-70mph. Comfortable power seats, and no problems since delivery. Good return on a well-kept vehicle when ready to sell. Got all the bells and whistles (except sunroof) at a very fair price. Couldn't be happier with my choice of truck."

Good running truck - Poor mileage

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Good looking - smooth handling - good power"

Cons: "Poor mileage - weak rear springs"

"Nice running, good handling, roomy truck. Plenty of power for pulling a light trailer. Rear springs are not heavy enough to carry much weight. Had to replace with 3/4 ton springs to be able to carry 1000 lbs without the rear end dragging. Mileage is rated at 14/18 mpg. Never got over 14 in town or on the highway."

My 2010 Silverado

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "The trucks a very sharp."

Cons: "The bad the fuel mileage of the 4.8."

"I like my truck the only negative thing I can say is the 4.8 v8 is lacking the pulling power and why would the put one less overdrive in the 4.8? The gas mileage is less then the bigger 5.3 v8 so I would tell anyone to get the bigger motor and you would have more power and better gas mileage!"

Best Truck i have owned in a LONG time.

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Great ride quality, plenty of power, great fuel consumption."

Cons: "price you will pay alittle more for the quality, but the reliability is second to none."

"Starting from the exterior the overall design of the truck is both rugged and sleek. From the Lo over High beam headlights to the chrome accented rear bumper. Exterior chrome accents are tastefully place weither it be the door handles to the half mirrors. to the smallest parts like the "SILVERADO" lettering above the body side molding. Moving to the Engine, it is both powerful enough to tow the heaviest of loads but when cruising around town it features a timid and more appealing quality with its refined fuel consumption. The interior is well appointed and very simple from the steering wheels controls down to the stereo controls. Seats are comfortable and plush along with being well bolstered for support."

I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS TRUCK! BEST I EVER OWNED!

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

"THIS TRUCK IS EVERYTHING I HAD IMMAGINED. IT IS QUIET, SMOOTHE RIDE, EXCELLENT HANDLING, AND FOR BEING A TRUCK GREAT FUEL MILEAGE. I LOVE IT, AND AM HAPPY I BOUGHT IT."

Absolutely the best truck I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

"The only negative thing I could say is gas mileage is terrible,, but it is the same as any other truck in its category. TV ads are not true of any mfgr, especially the Ram."

Finally have a truck again

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I bought the truck because it was my favorite in terms of appearance but after having drove it around I now think it is the best looking of all the full size trucks. I also chose this truck because I am a land surveyor and our fleet is all chevy trucks. We put our work trucks through abuse I'd never inflict on my own vehicle. Even after all that they continue to perform great. Now is this the best truck ever made? No...plain and simple. The Dodge offers independent rear suspension (finally, out of the dark ages!!) and rides much better. The Fords tend to have more comfortable interiors I noticed during my shopping but as for the tailgate steps and helper bar, you must be joking. The Tundra is, well, it's just really big but I'm not buying a Japanese vehicle that gets worse fuel mileage than it's American competitors. There are other trucks with benefits here and there. My main issue with the Silverado is the absolutely inexcusable all plastic cheap interior feel. Is there plastic in other cars and trucks? You betcha but in my last BMW the plastic was formed and assembled in a way that felt like quality. Chevy could do the same. Speaking earlier of fuel economy, go ahead and get ready to visit nearly all of the gas stations in your area...but hey, it's a truck not a Smart Car. Overall, I love this gas guzzling, plastic piece of union assembled America and I'd recommend it to anyone."

Finally, a truck I have fallen in love with

By on Friday, October 1, 2010

"I have been through quite a few trucks over the last ten years or so, and this is by far, the best truck that I have driven.I own the LT with the Z71 off road suspension. The ride for an offroad suspension is awesome. The six speed 5.3 flex fuel package provides fluid shifting with better than average fuel efficiency. The inside of the cab is roomy and extremely comfortable, and the console and lay out of the interior, is perfect. The exterior is quite stylish. I can not say enough about this truck. This truck suits me extremely well. The only draw back is the price of this truck with the options I preffered. You could save a couple of bucks going with another manufacturer, but you wouldn't get the same feel as you would with the Silverado LT z71 6 speed flexfuel 4 door truck."

Awesome

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"My wife, loves the truck and my girlfriend loves the large backseat that it has!!!!"

LOVE THIS TRUCK

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"THIS TRUCK RIDES JUST AWESOME! LOVE THE FACT IT TAKES E85 FUEL TOO.....THE ONLY CHANGE I WOULD MAKE IS THE MATERIAL OF THE SEATS......HAIR AND LINT REALLY ADHERE TO IT! YUK!"

Great Truck, minor ergonomic issue, V6 weak

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I've been driving my 2008 1500 for 10 months now. Base model with the 4.3 V6. I love the truck but have a few gripes. The truck is a no frills work truck with manual windows and you cannot crank the windows up or down with anything in the "convenient" molded door water bottle holder. This seems like the designers really goofed. The 4.3L V6 seems very marginal in this truck with any kind of load or pulling anything at all. I traded in an F150 with the 4.6L V8 and I really did not expect much difference in the power, but there is."

2008 Z71 LT1 4WD

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"I love this truck. I think its even better than the Toyota. Gas mileage 19 to 20. I love the 170 degree rear doors, power rear windows, onstar, MP3 jack, remote start, dual climate info center, XM radio, radio controls on steering wheel, auto 4wd (toyota dont have) just to name a few. I have NO regrets so far with this truck. The only thing I dont like about the truck is the material the seats are made of. They hold on to every little piece of lint and hair. They are hard to keep clean. Otherwise the seats are very comfortable. Other than that...no other complaints. I have had the truck for almost a year. So far, Chevy has done a great job with this truck."

Best Work Horse

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "It's the work truck, and that is what it does best"

Cons: "No plug for music from your phone to the radio."

"I bought this truck to tow a 4 horse trailer. Almost all of the miles on it are towing miles. The truck rides like a dream. It's roomy and comfortable. My brother and I drove from Orlando, FL to Kingsland, TX towing a trailer. My brother is 6'5'' tall and about 270 pounds. He kept telling me how comfortable the truck was. I drove from FL out to Cody, Wyoming towing a trailer through the mountains and we had no problems going up, stopping or going down the mountains. This truck has been a dependable work horse. Two thumbs up for this truck."

Very uncomfortable seats

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Traction on snow and ice was very good."

Cons: "Unconfortable seats. Heat/AC controls inconvenient"

"The seats are so uncomfortable that I am getting rid of the vehicle and will not buy another Silverado. The heat/AC controls are inconvenient. There were no mechanical issues with the vehicle. Traction on snow and ice was very good."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals