1997 Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab

8.0

Based on 1381 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, November 28, 2016

Pros: "Good gas mileage, dependable."

"Still running strong at 170,000 miles and the AC is still blowing cold air...in Florida...with no work done to it. I used it in my daily commute 25 miles each way for 11 years, plus to my farm 60 miles each way on weekends, hauling hand tools, etc."

The Best Truck For The Money

By on Monday, February 13, 2017

Pros: "fast, reliable, easy to maintain, comfortable"

Cons: "interior quality"

"I have a 1995 S10 with 235,000 miles, been driving it daily since 1999. Its a base model regular cab with 4.3 TBI V6 engine, manual transmission and 4x4 with manual shift transfer case. This is certainly one of the best values you can get in a truck. The parts are very inexpensive and easy to find and its fairly easy to work on. Its a fast truck with the V6 engine. Modern trucks are a complete joke in comparison. New trucks are catered to middle aged women to haul child seats and groceries. The weak spots would be the cooling system, Ive replaced the heater core twice. The interior is not the best quality, lots of cheap hard plastic. The suspension on the base model is weak and mushy. I fixed this by adding an extra leaf to the springs and stiffer shocks, it handles great now."

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Fun to drive, good gas mileage and plenty of power. Mine's a 2 wheel drive with a five speed. Sometimes I miss the four wheel drive in the winter."

Disappointed

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I love the look of my 2000 ZR-2 V6 vortec (4.3 ltr.) truck! But I am very disappointed with many things. For starters the sticker said 16-23mpg. The best I have ever gotten is 17.5mpg and this was with all variables working with me & after a break-in period of around 34,000miles. The paint on the fender flares for this year chips & peels almost right away. My 3rd door handle has broken 2x's now & other small items on seats etc. It's cold here in MN so I have quite a few rattles now after 8yrs & 90000miles. I have replaced wheel bearings, brakes, catalitic converter. . .UGH, transfer case module, 3 batteries (it should only be 2) & there has been 3 or 4 recalls. It does not accelerate well at all, it is almost like the tranny slips & water, slush & snow get up in between doors & frame so you must be aware of this to keep it clean to avoid rust along bottoms of doors. I paid over $20,000 brand new. I have taken meticulus care of this veicle, done no towing & only mild off-road for hunting, so repairs seem a bit much. On the plus side it is stylish, comfortable, has a great heater, a/c & the wide stance pkg is tuff looking. With a very good A/T tire it handles excellent in any weather condition! I love mine, yet I would not ever pay as much as I did again. I should have waited until 2001 & some of the bugs were worked out."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals