2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.2

Based on 155 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Some weaknesses, some strengths

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, quiet"

Cons: "On-Star spamming, refuses to be canceled, inaccura"

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

"Plain Jane spiffs up nice with multi-spoke BMW wheels and Vogue white side wall tires. On-Star is a real pain, many times launched an emergency call innocently trying to adjust the rear view mirror. On-Star turn-by-turn destinations are often misunderstood by operators and get it wrong. But since there's no map display, you can't look ahead to verify On-Star is leading you to the right place. Do Not Try to Cancel On-star, they won't let you, you'll have to justify your decision, and then they'll spam you to death. On the plus side, the car handles the best I've ever had, and is real quiet. Motor could be a bit stronger, MPG is only 24. Air Conditioning is marginal, no overkill. The engine stop start is supposed to save gas, but to me it's a nuisance."

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

One of the best cars I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "great mileage"

Cons: "hard tires subtract from the ride and no spare."

"The most important item to us is the fantastic fuel economy. On long trips we get over 40 mpg all the time. The ride is good for the size of the vehicle and the hard tires chevrolet recommends. The interior is beautiful with the blue background lighting and lots of chrome. Lots of value for the money."

Good style and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"This is the only vehicle that I have purchased that actually exceeds the EPA estimated fuel economy! I get more than 40 MPG on the highway and have had no reliability issues."

A Contradictory car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Exterior styling"

Cons: "Ergonomics, road noise, buzzy engine, auto stop."

"I've had my 2015 Malibu LS for just over a week. Racked up 600 miles so far. Likes: Exterior styling, paint color - Black Granite. First tank of gas = 26mpg. Not bad for brand new engine. Great handling. Fit and finish top notch. Very quiet except for road noise. Dislikes: Horrible ergonomics. Can not get driver seat to my liking. Seat goes up and down, if you go up it feels like your being tipped out of the seat. If you go back, you sink in, Rear seat is an absolute joke. Tried taking friends for a ride and we gave up. Engine noise: Sounds like a bee hive under the hood when you give it the gas, but it does accelerate nicely getting on freeway. HATE - Auto Stop. What a stupid idea, more annoying than helpful. Road Noise is too loud, whatever happened to insulation? So many blind spots and rear view mirror keeps moving around. Wish I had bought a Dodge Charger."

Love The Car!

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pros: "great redesign, roomy up front"

Cons: "no leg room in the backseat"

"I love the redesign of the Malibu, in and out! It handles very well and the style is sleek. Inside - it feels like a car that is sold at a much higher price point. My biggest complaint would be not having the option for a V6. I know it's not as good on gas, but I like the get up and go. I also don't like the backseat. Absolutely no foot room for passengers in the back. Being a 6'4" guy - the driver's seat and passenger seat are fantastic on head and leg room, but anyone over 5'7" would have a hard time being comfortable in the backseat of the car. I had a hard time finding the car in the right color and with a sunroof - so I had an after market sunroof added by a company endorsed by the dealership."