2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.2

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

I love my Malibu!

By on Thursday, April 27, 2017

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, luxurious interior"

Cons: "LS does not have touchscreen, exterior sits low"

"I own a 2015 Malibu LS and I love it! I have had it for 6 months and bought it with just under 12000 miles. So far no problems, although it is relatively new. I love how smooth the drive is. I also really like the stop/go feature! I have seen some complaints that the interior noise is loud but mine is nearly silent! I had an 01 Saturn sedan previously so I like all the tech updates of the Malibu, particularly the hands free calling. Ive seen pictures of the touch screen and I will say that I wish I bought a Malibu with this feature, but it is not a deal breaker. As for the backseat space, I rarely have riders in the backseat but have yet to have any complaints. It is nice and roomy in the front and my 5 foot 11 boyfriend agrees! The interior feels like it is sitting high (compared to my boyfriends VW passat) but the exterior is very low and I am a little worried about bottoming out. Overall I would recommend this car; we will see how it does in a few years."

2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

"I love my Malibu. I purchased this car a little less than 2 months ago to replace my 2005 Mazda 3, which I also loved. I had considered going with another; however, I am about 5'10 and I wanted something a little larger. I began comparing Mazda 6s to Malibus to Fusions, Camrys, Sonatas, etc... however, after reviewing the options, model reviews, and so on; what I was able to get for the money, paired with my personal preference for style, the Chevy pulled out ahead of the rest. Thus far, I have not been disappointed. I have not had an issue with the noise as others have stated, I would imagine this could be noticed during a test drive? This is the same for acceleration and eco-stop. For me, I prefer it. You do recognize when it turns off and on, but it's nothing that is inconvenient and it has never hindered me from being able to pull forward when I wanted to. I was initially hesitant after reading reviews, but even in intersections, turning lanes, or anywhere else where you want that split second reaction the car has transitioned seamlessly from start to stop. I also have not had an issue scraping coming in and out of driveways or off of hills. Living in East Tennessee hills and dips are common place. Also, I have not had an issue with the trunk space or backseat space. Until my Mazda I had always purchased SUVs so I am particular to space, and this has not left me wanting for my needs. That said I do not have children, but for two people this is a great fit. I do believe that in comparison the get up and go of the Malibu is somewhat restrained in comparison to the 3, but it is a larger vehicle utilizing a V4. In comparison to other vehicles in its size class with a V4 it is well comparable. My only complaints are the size of the glove box and center console as they are a little smaller than I am used to, but the "hidden" console behind the radio interface is a nice addition. While the backseat is not huge, everyone that has ridden in my vehicle thus far has appreciated the leg room. I have a 73 year old father who is around 6'4 and is hesitant to ride for long periods, let alone in the backseat, but he took a 2 hour trip, riding behind me, and said that he was fine. After addressing the reported issues, I have to speak on the things that I love. I am so thankful for these seats! I'm not certain why some have complained that they are uncomfortable, I've never had so many options for how to adjust my position in any seat, car, office chair, or otherwise. You can adjust the height, the tilt, the back, the lumbar, etc...I am particularly fond of the lumbar support. I am extremely curvy, small in the waist with an anything but small lower section. I often don't get a great deal of support because of how much space there is between my bottom and my back, but this seat accommodates in every way. Another feature that is beneficial is the seat memory setting as everyone does not have the proportional issues that I do to try and accommodate. I love the remote start, I love the blue lighting, I love the overall design. All of the interfaces are incredibly easy to navigate and the additional digital display for odometer, mpg, etc is great. Handling is smooth, again, going back and forth between East TN into NC and VA on backroads there is no lack of curvy hilly roads, but it has taken them all in stride. I loved my Mazda for it's handling as they have a reputation for hugging curves and maintaining and this Malibu, even though it is larger, still clings to the curves in a great way. I purchased this car with 46,000 miles for 15k and feel like it was a great purchase as it came with a lifetime warranty for powertrain as well as a year's worth of oil changes (much better value since it requires synthetic). I had considered buying a new 2016 for 20k, but to get everything that I have now in the 2016 would have cost me over 30k. Undoubtedly it will depreciate as all cars do; however, for what you get, and the quality, I couldn't be happier. Even my mother, who drives a BMW, has started looking at the Malibu as the cost for ownership paired with what you get for the money is better in my vehicle."

Chose the Malibu over a BMW 3 Series!

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "VERY affordable, stylish, great drive"

Cons: "Does not have seat config memory"

"I want to preface this by saying that I am a BMW owner and I was looking for my next car to replace my BMW. So naturally, one of my options was to go with another BMW and really weighed my options based on price, MPG, technology, performance and handling. After A LOT of research, I became a proud owner of a 2013 Malibu. I feel that I made the right choice based on these facts: 1) I saved about $12K 2) I got a car that provides great handling (believe me I tested it around traffic circles and compared it to how I felt with my BMW) 3) I love the fact that I get about 10 MPG more on the highway 4) having a hubby that knows a lot about cars and engines, his research and understanding made me confident that this car will be very reliable! Now for you BMW owners out there, you're probably thinking but what about the performance so I have to be honest and say that it does not EXACTLY have the same pick up and go but pretty darn close. I am a rather agressive driver so one of my criteria was to not feel like I could not get going like I wanted to and the Malibu does pretty darn well! Okay now for some real PLUSES! I love the ride, it's so smooth and so comfortable. Living in Colorado, I have the luxury of taking long drives in the mountains and did that was very impressed. I got the leather interior, it's beautiful and it's classy! At night, the dash has blue back lighting that is just so cool! Great sound system and supports bluetooth technology which made it a breeze to sync my phone with the car. I love just telling my car to make a call without me having to look at my phone! So again, for the value, I feel that I got a GREAT, GREAT car!!!"

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Receive a lot of looks and compliments!"

"This car is terrific, I am glad to see Chevy has come out with something that has style and class. I get great gas mileage, have plenty room even for my son who stands at 6'3 and sits in the back. The seats are comfortable and the safety is an A+. It took about a week to understand how the air conditioning works. If it is cut completely off, it won't come on when it's started. Some of the bad reviews would have kept me from purchasing it; but GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN! It comes with a guide to help understand, so get to know your car because some of the reviews I have seen are not true. GO CHEVY!!"

Best of the 4 I have owned !

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pros: "it's simply a bad-a** car !!"

Cons: "no complaints"

"The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LT1 has made many technological advancements since I purchased my first 1998 Malibu and then a second 1999 Malibu and then a third 2014 Malibu LS I still have my 1998 Malibu and yes it still runs. I mainly use it in the winter due to the high milage. I have made it safe to my destination in blizzard conditions including many ice storms. My 2016 is over the top and I love it!! Thank you Chevrolet!! > A lifetime customer . I have also made many recommendations to friends, family, and colleagues !!"

Only model car I will ever own!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of space, great all around"

Cons: "NONE"

"I had a 2010 Malibu LT that I just upgraded for the 2013. It has been one of the best cars I have owned. I have teenage children so backseat leg room is always an issue when purchasing a new vehicle. With the LT you can fit 3grown men in the back seat and still have leg room. It drives like a dream. It has all the power you need and then some. As far as trunk space you can fit all the luggage for a family of four ( one teenage girl) for a two week road trip! Gas mileage is great, I get 450 miles to a tank hwy. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!"

Great Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, technology, very quiet to drive"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"I bought this car just a few weeks after it was introduced and I have been extremely happy with it to this point. I decided to go with the 1SA with the convienience package and moonroof as I'm not a big fan of leather seats, but wanted the other options. I drive about 100 miles per day and needed a vehicle that would get good gas mileage and still had enough room for a family of 4. So far I'm consistently getting about 36 mpg, even when running the ac on hot days. I love the technology with the rear view camera and large touch-screen display, and really like being able to link to Pandora through bluetooth, which for me will eliminate the need for the XM radio once the free trial period is over. I also really like the styling which is what initially made me interested in the car. I find that the back seat leg room is a little tight - I'm about 6'2" and have two small children still in car seats and get the back of my seat kicked quite a bit. The trunk is also a little small due to the battery placement, but I don't use it that often so it hasn't really been an issue for me. It also takes a little while to get used to the feel of driving with the auto start/stop technology - it's a very strange feeling at first when the auto stop kicks in at a stop light and the engine powers off. Overall I really like this car and am very happy with my decision to purchase it."

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great design, intrrior, exterior"

Cons: "Poor radio sound quality"

"I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37 mpg, open road, and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!"

Great reliable car from GM!

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great features, Price, Reliability!"

"I've worked at a Chevrolet dealer since i graduated from high school. I've driven ALOT of cars since then but this one caught my eye ever since they rolled off the transports. I ended up needing a vehicle and the 1LT Malibu was my choice. Its an amazing vehicle all around and on top of them already being known for reliability they now have a curvy,sporty look to complete them. I recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced fun sedan!"

Love being back with Chevy!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Bold Styling, great audio - Smooth quiet cabin."

Cons: "No full moon roof available. No Cooled Leather"

"The car is excellent. I have owned the car for about 3 months now and I can't be any happier with my Chevy. Great standard HP and love the mylink controls. I wish it came with at least 10 gb of HardDrive space to store music but that's fine. Rear legroom isn't a catastrophe as other have mentioned. The driving dynamics are great.. Its quick on the turns and smooth on acceleration. I will be adding an interior light package to the car soon and the Mud Guards. A car can say lots about a person and with bold styling and a bit of trust, I am sure anyone will love driving a Chevy. Mne of course is the LTZ model, I suggest going for the 2LT or higher for the best experience. No Sunroof guys, I am hoping that they one day apply the "Full Sunroof" on this car to complete its look. They shouldn't remove the electronic parking, it gives it class and I enjoy not having that huge crank. The leather seats don't heat up so much but having cooled leather seats would have been a great add-on if available. I left GM cars to try The Chrysler Family and came running back, GM is #1 in my book and plan to buy two more cars within the next 2 years for my siblings Chevy Cruze and Spark for the New grads!"

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"

Rides Wonderful

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "comfortable, love 7 inch display, good pick up"

Cons: "comfortability of back seat"

"I had this car as a rental for a few days and was VERY impressed. Honestly, I'm usually a foreign car kind of guy but the Malibu drove nicely. It's very quiet! The controls are easy to use and the base model I had, had a large screen to display the music I was listening to. The inside is cozy. Lots of trunk space! The back two seats aren't the most comfortable and leg room is average in the back seat!"

best in class

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

"test drove all competitors, Fusion, camry,honda and found there was actually no competitors, Malibu was much quieter, handled better and was just all around a better car plus the price was better than any of the "competitors""

Astonishing technology! Unbelievably quiet!

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, performance, economy, ride, handling,"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned many, many cars. Not always a GM fan. Said I would never buy a new car again! Then I found the Malibu! Bought the Eco version. I haven't been in a car this quiet, over all kinds of road surfaces, since I went on a trip in my friend's Rolls Royce in the 70's! The Malibu is an incredible value platform. The upscale versions of this car are the Buick and Cadillac. This Malibu is the better choice for the money."

This is a great car and I would recommend it to

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great price, enjoy driving in town & on the hwy"

Cons: "Cheap caepet"

"any one. It gets great gas mileage. I averaged 38 MPG on the highway and I have averaged 32.7 MPG overall. The only negative I have is they should have installed a better quality carpet. The carpet is almost as thin as paper. Overall this is a great car and I am very happy with my purchase."

best Chevy owned.

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"I have driven 3 Equinox. I owned a 2011 Equinox and also 2013 models. After two years of engine or transmission issues, my wife and I gave chevy one last shot before threatening lemon law. We ended up breaking even on our trade in and some work by our dealership. We went with the Eco, and I must say, it's been a great car so far. The drive is quiet and comfortable. I would have no problem taking this car from Ohio to California. The Eco took a couple days to get used to in stop and go traffic and stop signs, but i got used to it. I am very satisfied with the Eco and I'm not an American car lover. My wife's father worked for GM so...........needless to say, I had to give GM a chance. Mileage averages 27 in the city and 42 on the highway. The features offered as standard seem to be more than what competitors offer. The interior is well- made from the dashboard, buttons, nobs, and seats. The LCD touchscreen is very nice. One thing I have noticed is using the air conditioner does not lower gas mileage, but maybe by a mile or two per gallon. That's huge to me. Eco's exterior has been modified. I'm 32 and feel that the car fits my age. Not too young but not middle-aged yet either. I feel like it has a little Sonata mixed with Camry for the body style. I'm have had terrible experiences with the Equinox, and have not been much of a Chevy fan. I can honestly say that Chevy did a superb job in designing this car. I would get the Eco versus the LT or LS, but that's just my preference. You will notice enough difference in mileage that it will pay off in two years."

This is a really good car

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage, Quite and smooth,The Electronics"

Cons: "No locking gas cap door"

"I'm 57 years old and have had many cars through out my life. I traded in my Honda Accord for this Malubu and can hardly believe how much I like this car. I always get between 32 to 34 miles per gal. no matter where I drive. I love the way the engine stops when you stop. If you understand how it works it almost seemless. Let your foot off the brake and the engine starts instantly, press on the gas and a way you go. This car is so quite and smooth I feel its under priced for what you get. After riding in this car none of my friends can believe the price. Good job GM."

Great car for the price

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "regular base model is loaded with great features"

Cons: "LS base model interior storage compartments"

White color, LS model

"I owned this car now for a week and I am very impress with this car. I have the base model (LS) but this is not a regular base model since it comes with bluethooth, voice command, XM radio, onstar turn by turn navigation , and I can control all of this feature from my steering wheel and the use of voice command. The vehicle information is another great feature that I like because it allows me to see the oil level, MPG, tire PSI and other necessary information about the car. I have owned BMW, Nissan, Toyota, honda and Fords cars before, and this car is out there with any of these brands. The MPG is great, I am getting about 26 local road and about 35 to 37 Hwy. Great car with a great look and a confortable interior."

White color, LS model

Awesome car!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "quality and gas milage and voice commands"

Cons: "no spare tire"

"Great car,have the eco model. Recently took a 700 mile trip,averaged 39 mpg,average 31 mpg locally.Smooth ride and comfortable, imported competetors can't compare to this quality!"

whisper quiet inside!!! smooth ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"even more quiet than my girlfriends lincoln mkz and rides as good. great fuel mileage 30mpg average. awesome interior, blue ambient lighting on dash looks great. 7 inch touchscreen is easy to use."

Ignore the naysayers!

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "Styling, Power, Comfort, Pioneer Stereo,Mood Light"

Cons: "Plasticy interior, hard door armrests, keyless sta"

"I went into the Malibu with very low expectations after reading disaster reviews like Motor Trend's. I left scratching my head over what they were thinking. Is the car a bit on the smaller side of midsize sedans? Sure, but it's not awful like journalists are making it out to be. Anyone under 5'10" would be perfectly comfortable in the back seat, which is extremely comfortable on the road with the sporty yet smooth ride. The 2.0 Turbo has lots of power and throws you back in your seat with a small touch of the gas. The Pioneer 9-Speaker stereo with MyLink infotainment sounds amazing, with LOTS of bass and good midrange and treble. The car also looks amazing, and a lot of people have been shocked when they see the Chevy logo on the front. I also like the Camaro-inspired gages and taillights. This is a great car!"

Great car

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Power and looks"

Cons: "Too noisy with 19 inch tires."

"My 2015 Malibu has the 2.0 turbo engine. Great power. The only major down side is the car was delivered with 19 inch low profile tires. The noise level is terrible and distracting to drive. The cabin appears to have little or no sound insulation. The 18 inch tires are much quieter. Suggest buyers stay away from 19 inch tires."

The Malibu has been a wonderful car.

By on Friday, November 27, 2015

Pros: "Feels like sitting in the lap of luxury."

Cons: "Does not have the driving vision of a taller SUV"

"We purchased a one year old eco Malibu that had been certified new. I took it on a 7000 mile trip and I got 37 miles per gallon for the entire trip. It was the first time that we had leather seats, seat warmer, moon roof, remote start, and bluetooth. These have been amazing. We love the car. I have navigation in the car, but to do over again, I would not have the dealer do it. It was too pricey and it was not as good as the Garmins freestanding navigation that I had previously. My wife will never buy a car without the remote start and heated seats. I probably agree with her. They have been awesome."

My favorite car - EVER!

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "About $10,000 less than most luxury cars I tested!"

Cons: "There probably is a con, but I can't think of one."

"I can't think of anything I don't love about this car. It is blissfully quiet, cruises along like a fast fluffy cloud, options galore. The White Diamond Tricoat color makes it stand out from the rest. People actually approach me to ask about it and admire it!! The floor mats actually snap onto the floor--no slipping around. Lots of storage compartments. All vehicle info available anytime i.e. tire pressure, when to change oil, mpg, etc. Thanks to the backup camera I have not run over anyone. I keep my cars a LONG TIME - this will be around at least 10 years."

very satisfied

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "good price, able to buy american again"

Cons: "rear legroom a little tight"

"If you are looking for value then the Malibu is it. We looked at mostly compacts before an ad that priced the malibu LS at 19 got us. I don't know if I would be happy paying mid 20's for this car, but the LS has more than enough room and features to be a bargain at around 20. I'm averaging 29mpg mostly highway driving which I feel is good since the sticker says 27 average. The backseat seemed a little cramped(I'm 5'11") but the Optima's did too. Some of the professional reviews of this car seem overly harsh considering the competitors don't even come close when it comes to pricing, which was our biggest factor. If you want a fair priced sedan with quite a good list of standard features and decent gas mileage that can easily hold three child seats the Malibu LS is for you."