2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.2

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Good commute car

By on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pros: "Good value, good car"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I have a 2016 Chevy Malibu Limited. I purchased this car for the options and price. I had owned a Chevy Cruze and had problems with the engine. I traded it in for the Malibu. Great car, good mileage and reliable. The only thing I dislike is the cheap plastic that is cracking on my driver seat, and the rubber gasket on the driver side door is ripping. The front seats are cheaply made. Having said that, Im glad I made the purchase."

2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

"I love my Malibu. I purchased this car a little less than 2 months ago to replace my 2005 Mazda 3, which I also loved. I had considered going with another; however, I am about 5'10 and I wanted something a little larger. I began comparing Mazda 6s to Malibus to Fusions, Camrys, Sonatas, etc... however, after reviewing the options, model reviews, and so on; what I was able to get for the money, paired with my personal preference for style, the Chevy pulled out ahead of the rest. Thus far, I have not been disappointed. I have not had an issue with the noise as others have stated, I would imagine this could be noticed during a test drive? This is the same for acceleration and eco-stop. For me, I prefer it. You do recognize when it turns off and on, but it's nothing that is inconvenient and it has never hindered me from being able to pull forward when I wanted to. I was initially hesitant after reading reviews, but even in intersections, turning lanes, or anywhere else where you want that split second reaction the car has transitioned seamlessly from start to stop. I also have not had an issue scraping coming in and out of driveways or off of hills. Living in East Tennessee hills and dips are common place. Also, I have not had an issue with the trunk space or backseat space. Until my Mazda I had always purchased SUVs so I am particular to space, and this has not left me wanting for my needs. That said I do not have children, but for two people this is a great fit. I do believe that in comparison the get up and go of the Malibu is somewhat restrained in comparison to the 3, but it is a larger vehicle utilizing a V4. In comparison to other vehicles in its size class with a V4 it is well comparable. My only complaints are the size of the glove box and center console as they are a little smaller than I am used to, but the "hidden" console behind the radio interface is a nice addition. While the backseat is not huge, everyone that has ridden in my vehicle thus far has appreciated the leg room. I have a 73 year old father who is around 6'4 and is hesitant to ride for long periods, let alone in the backseat, but he took a 2 hour trip, riding behind me, and said that he was fine. After addressing the reported issues, I have to speak on the things that I love. I am so thankful for these seats! I'm not certain why some have complained that they are uncomfortable, I've never had so many options for how to adjust my position in any seat, car, office chair, or otherwise. You can adjust the height, the tilt, the back, the lumbar, etc...I am particularly fond of the lumbar support. I am extremely curvy, small in the waist with an anything but small lower section. I often don't get a great deal of support because of how much space there is between my bottom and my back, but this seat accommodates in every way. Another feature that is beneficial is the seat memory setting as everyone does not have the proportional issues that I do to try and accommodate. I love the remote start, I love the blue lighting, I love the overall design. All of the interfaces are incredibly easy to navigate and the additional digital display for odometer, mpg, etc is great. Handling is smooth, again, going back and forth between East TN into NC and VA on backroads there is no lack of curvy hilly roads, but it has taken them all in stride. I loved my Mazda for it's handling as they have a reputation for hugging curves and maintaining and this Malibu, even though it is larger, still clings to the curves in a great way. I purchased this car with 46,000 miles for 15k and feel like it was a great purchase as it came with a lifetime warranty for powertrain as well as a year's worth of oil changes (much better value since it requires synthetic). I had considered buying a new 2016 for 20k, but to get everything that I have now in the 2016 would have cost me over 30k. Undoubtedly it will depreciate as all cars do; however, for what you get, and the quality, I couldn't be happier. Even my mother, who drives a BMW, has started looking at the Malibu as the cost for ownership paired with what you get for the money is better in my vehicle."

Only model car I will ever own!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of space, great all around"

Cons: "NONE"

"I had a 2010 Malibu LT that I just upgraded for the 2013. It has been one of the best cars I have owned. I have teenage children so backseat leg room is always an issue when purchasing a new vehicle. With the LT you can fit 3grown men in the back seat and still have leg room. It drives like a dream. It has all the power you need and then some. As far as trunk space you can fit all the luggage for a family of four ( one teenage girl) for a two week road trip! Gas mileage is great, I get 450 miles to a tank hwy. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!"

Chose the Malibu over a BMW 3 Series!

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "VERY affordable, stylish, great drive"

Cons: "Does not have seat config memory"

"I want to preface this by saying that I am a BMW owner and I was looking for my next car to replace my BMW. So naturally, one of my options was to go with another BMW and really weighed my options based on price, MPG, technology, performance and handling. After A LOT of research, I became a proud owner of a 2013 Malibu. I feel that I made the right choice based on these facts: 1) I saved about $12K 2) I got a car that provides great handling (believe me I tested it around traffic circles and compared it to how I felt with my BMW) 3) I love the fact that I get about 10 MPG more on the highway 4) having a hubby that knows a lot about cars and engines, his research and understanding made me confident that this car will be very reliable! Now for you BMW owners out there, you're probably thinking but what about the performance so I have to be honest and say that it does not EXACTLY have the same pick up and go but pretty darn close. I am a rather agressive driver so one of my criteria was to not feel like I could not get going like I wanted to and the Malibu does pretty darn well! Okay now for some real PLUSES! I love the ride, it's so smooth and so comfortable. Living in Colorado, I have the luxury of taking long drives in the mountains and did that was very impressed. I got the leather interior, it's beautiful and it's classy! At night, the dash has blue back lighting that is just so cool! Great sound system and supports bluetooth technology which made it a breeze to sync my phone with the car. I love just telling my car to make a call without me having to look at my phone! So again, for the value, I feel that I got a GREAT, GREAT car!!!"

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great design, intrrior, exterior"

Cons: "Poor radio sound quality"

"I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37 mpg, open road, and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!"

Great Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, technology, very quiet to drive"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"I bought this car just a few weeks after it was introduced and I have been extremely happy with it to this point. I decided to go with the 1SA with the convienience package and moonroof as I'm not a big fan of leather seats, but wanted the other options. I drive about 100 miles per day and needed a vehicle that would get good gas mileage and still had enough room for a family of 4. So far I'm consistently getting about 36 mpg, even when running the ac on hot days. I love the technology with the rear view camera and large touch-screen display, and really like being able to link to Pandora through bluetooth, which for me will eliminate the need for the XM radio once the free trial period is over. I also really like the styling which is what initially made me interested in the car. I find that the back seat leg room is a little tight - I'm about 6'2" and have two small children still in car seats and get the back of my seat kicked quite a bit. The trunk is also a little small due to the battery placement, but I don't use it that often so it hasn't really been an issue for me. It also takes a little while to get used to the feel of driving with the auto start/stop technology - it's a very strange feeling at first when the auto stop kicks in at a stop light and the engine powers off. Overall I really like this car and am very happy with my decision to purchase it."

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Receive a lot of looks and compliments!"

"This car is terrific, I am glad to see Chevy has come out with something that has style and class. I get great gas mileage, have plenty room even for my son who stands at 6'3 and sits in the back. The seats are comfortable and the safety is an A+. It took about a week to understand how the air conditioning works. If it is cut completely off, it won't come on when it's started. Some of the bad reviews would have kept me from purchasing it; but GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN! It comes with a guide to help understand, so get to know your car because some of the reviews I have seen are not true. GO CHEVY!!"

Great reliable car from GM!

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great features, Price, Reliability!"

"I've worked at a Chevrolet dealer since i graduated from high school. I've driven ALOT of cars since then but this one caught my eye ever since they rolled off the transports. I ended up needing a vehicle and the 1LT Malibu was my choice. Its an amazing vehicle all around and on top of them already being known for reliability they now have a curvy,sporty look to complete them. I recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced fun sedan!"

Love being back with Chevy!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Bold Styling, great audio - Smooth quiet cabin."

Cons: "No full moon roof available. No Cooled Leather"

"The car is excellent. I have owned the car for about 3 months now and I can't be any happier with my Chevy. Great standard HP and love the mylink controls. I wish it came with at least 10 gb of HardDrive space to store music but that's fine. Rear legroom isn't a catastrophe as other have mentioned. The driving dynamics are great.. Its quick on the turns and smooth on acceleration. I will be adding an interior light package to the car soon and the Mud Guards. A car can say lots about a person and with bold styling and a bit of trust, I am sure anyone will love driving a Chevy. Mne of course is the LTZ model, I suggest going for the 2LT or higher for the best experience. No Sunroof guys, I am hoping that they one day apply the "Full Sunroof" on this car to complete its look. They shouldn't remove the electronic parking, it gives it class and I enjoy not having that huge crank. The leather seats don't heat up so much but having cooled leather seats would have been a great add-on if available. I left GM cars to try The Chrysler Family and came running back, GM is #1 in my book and plan to buy two more cars within the next 2 years for my siblings Chevy Cruze and Spark for the New grads!"

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"