2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Will Never Buy another GM Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "faulty transmission"

"After having my 2011 Chevy Malibu LT for 5 1/2 years and with one car payment left the transmission went out with out any prior indication of an issue. Cost to replace transmission is 3,800 on a vehicle that was 10 months out of warranty and had 72,000 miles. GM only offered to pay 1,000 toward repair, since out of warranty. Trade in value is 6500 so after my 2,800 repair a vehicle I paid 25,885 in 2011 brand new, is only worth 3,700 in 2017. Pathetic!!! In 2015 I traded in a 14 year old Chevy Blazer and got 2000 for trade in. Beware dont buy!!! Apparently the Malibu is known to have transmission issues."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"

I have had only minor issues. Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I purchased this car for my daughter because it was rated one of the top safest cars on the market. We have had minor electrical problems, and one major problem that had something to do with a "rocker arm"? Anyway $1000 later, we still have it, and it still drives like new, good on gas, and quite comfortable, as you can see by the 175,000 miles it has on it! I only wish I had a moon roof, navigation system and the "on star". That would really be sweet:) I am going to trade it in soon, and upgrade this vehicle."

Stylish and Reliable

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, very smooth ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "small rear windshield, cup holders could be bigger"

"This is my first Malibu, my first Chevy actually, and I've been very happy with this car. The car itself is attractive inside and out. The engine could be a bit more responsive, but I opted for the 4 cylinder instead of the V6. The ride is very smooth, so much so that I occasionally find myself going 80mph without realizing it. If you're looking for a reliable midsize sedan and don't want to be stuck in something boring, check out the Malibu."

Great looking, drives nice, reliability an issue

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good looks"

Cons: "Bad computer system"

"We have had this car repaired about 11 times for an issue where the brake lights come on unexpectedly and the transmission shifts up and down. I have had enough of this problem and trading it off."

over all great car for the price

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "lots of power with the 3.5 v6 blast to drive"

Cons: "steering wheel cheep, no arm rest in the back bad"

"i got a 2009 chevy malibu last year with 32000 and now it has 60100 miles LOOOTTTSSSSS of power with tthe 3.5L v6 this may just be with mine but i played the stareo in my drive way after shutting off the car for about 1 minuite and came out an hour later battery completaly dead happend a few times bought a new battery a couple mounths ago no problem and we got the battery tested and nothing was wrong with it at all so a weird little thing we have the black matalic paint it is amazing it shines the theres no tommaro in the sun we dont have the leather steering wheel so the top of the steering wheel is fall apart and about a mounth ago ball joint was sooooo lose made bad sounds and shouck out on the highway .$500 later drives like a new car i dont recamend the black interior i love the coco and cashmer beauteful and i like the grey but over all a great car we paid septeember of 2011 $13900 4 speedno options beside the 3.5 v6 love the car would make it to 200000 easy!"

Absolutely love my Malibu

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, smooth ride"

"I have no complaints for this car. I bought it new in 2010 and have no regrets. I have been in an accident and I believe if I was in any other car I would have had serious medical issues, as the van that hit me was totaled and my car need few repairs. Everything has held up amazingly, there is absolutely nothing I would change."

Best Buy

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Best buy I have ever made as cars go. I compared this to every other car in it's class before I purchased, the value was unbeatable. Japan's mid-size cars were considerably more expensive with less features, even in the fully loaded models. I can understand why, they have the name and record of reliability. I have the utmost faith in my Chevy though, 100,000 mile powertrain is a good confidence booster. Quality seems top notch as this car looks sexy and rides smooth. The styling inside and out is very attractive. The Ford Fusion lacked kick in both the 4cyl and 6cyl models, the Malibu is sluggish in the 4cyl but the 6cyl has a lot of get up. Japanese manufacturers beware: you now have legit competition from Chevrolet in the mid-size car market. As long as I am around to buy automobiles Chevrolet gets the first look from now on."

First new car!

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I love my malibu! I drive 120 miles a day for work, and i average 30-32 on the highway. love this car, great fit & finish, and great looks. some people have asked me why i bought a cadillac, and i look at them and say "it's just a malibu...", and then they realize it is! My favorite thing about it is the chrome. just enough, not too much. especially the chrome wheel covers.... they fool EVERYONE into thinking i spent the big bucks on real chrome wheels... but theyre just covers!"

GLAD I BOUGHT

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"This vehicle is amazing!!! I'm very happy with my milage as I am averaging 26.5 mpg both city and highway with my V-6. I got the LTZ and could not be more happy with all the equipment and performance. It's a very solid ride that is equally quiet inside. XM is cool and mine also has blue tooth built in so it's aesy to follow the new law here in California. If you are considering a vehicle in this class the Malibu is truely the best in class."