2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 598 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Satisfied with car but 18mpg city not good

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Price, looks, space"

Cons: "MPG"

"I retired recently and sold my Mercedes E320 and picked up this dealer certified pre-owned Chevy Malibu as it was decently priced, looked good, and the reviews said 22mpg city and 33mpg highway. After 6000 miles of ownership I like everything about the car except the MPG. I never get more than 18 - 19mpg city and even on long stretches of straight highway driving I never get more than 26+mpg. The MPG is a big disappointment as all the other cars I drove over the last decade, as well as the other cars in the family today, they all track close to their stated MPG."

In shop 4 times since i purchased

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I bought the 2009 LTZ model, at first i loved it and was talked into buying it by the dealership and trading in my saturn vue. I have had it since may 2009 and it is now Nov 2009 and this car has been in the shop 4 times so far!!! (power steering problem, air conditioning duct work, and the interior cracked and fell off, now for some break and wheel problems. I am scared that when the warranty is out I will be putting so much into this car to keep it going if I have already had to have it at the shop so much already. I barely drive this car and keep it kept up very well with all the required services. I like all the features on this car and how quick the engine is but, I have put it on the market to get rid of it because all the problems are not worth the good things about it."

Best Car choice!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap insurance, looks & runs GREAT"

"I was reluctant to trade in my "all bells and whistles" cadillac, but this vehicle really delivered all the comfort and performance. It's been 3 years now and I still LOVE my custom interior Malibu LTZ I get a lot of compliments on its sporty style."

I love my Malibu.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, handling, luxury features, quiet."

Cons: "Nothing."

"The Malibu is absolutely the best car I have ever owned (which includes a Mustang and two Volvos). It rides and handles like a dream. I feel absolutely safe. It has plenty of power. (Careful: The smooth ride is deceptive; I got a speeding ticket.) It is absolutely silent inside. I can drive at high speed on the expressway, turn the radio down and keep up a normal conversation. The power seats are infinitely adjustable in all directions, including a power lumbar support. With the tilt/telescope wheel, anybody would be comfortable in this car on a long drive. I love the XM Sirius radio and the OnStar directions are well worth the fee. It is a very beautiful car; I love the look of it. Construction quality is fine and solid; fit and finish compares with a European luxury sedan. I have put 26,000 miles on this car in nine months. I commute a hundred miles a day. In the Malibu, all that driving is actually enjoyable. I get about 28 mpg overall. Storage with the fold down rear seat is amazing; I have actually hauled lumber in it. No, I do not work for GM or a dealer; I just love the car that much."

2009 Malibu LT

By on Saturday, February 6, 2010

"I traded my Nissan Altima for a car which I though was of comparable value. I was wrong. It is much better. Smoother, quieter ride with more extras for the same price. I have had the Malibu for almost a year and it has been great. The only short coming compared to the Altima was that the Altima got slighly higher gas mileage."