2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Will Never Buy another GM Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "faulty transmission"

"After having my 2011 Chevy Malibu LT for 5 1/2 years and with one car payment left the transmission went out with out any prior indication of an issue. Cost to replace transmission is 3,800 on a vehicle that was 10 months out of warranty and had 72,000 miles. GM only offered to pay 1,000 toward repair, since out of warranty. Trade in value is 6500 so after my 2,800 repair a vehicle I paid 25,885 in 2011 brand new, is only worth 3,700 in 2017. Pathetic!!! In 2015 I traded in a 14 year old Chevy Blazer and got 2000 for trade in. Beware dont buy!!! Apparently the Malibu is known to have transmission issues."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"

I have had only minor issues. Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I purchased this car for my daughter because it was rated one of the top safest cars on the market. We have had minor electrical problems, and one major problem that had something to do with a "rocker arm"? Anyway $1000 later, we still have it, and it still drives like new, good on gas, and quite comfortable, as you can see by the 175,000 miles it has on it! I only wish I had a moon roof, navigation system and the "on star". That would really be sweet:) I am going to trade it in soon, and upgrade this vehicle."

Stylish and Reliable

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, very smooth ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "small rear windshield, cup holders could be bigger"

"This is my first Malibu, my first Chevy actually, and I've been very happy with this car. The car itself is attractive inside and out. The engine could be a bit more responsive, but I opted for the 4 cylinder instead of the V6. The ride is very smooth, so much so that I occasionally find myself going 80mph without realizing it. If you're looking for a reliable midsize sedan and don't want to be stuck in something boring, check out the Malibu."

Great looking, drives nice, reliability an issue

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good looks"

Cons: "Bad computer system"

"We have had this car repaired about 11 times for an issue where the brake lights come on unexpectedly and the transmission shifts up and down. I have had enough of this problem and trading it off."