2007 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1008 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Too many problems

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Malibu in March of 2007. Since then I have had starter problems, (when I turn the key, it won't come on), clunking in the steering, which I just found out is leaking struts. The doors keep swinging shut. The car itself gets pretty good mileage, about 25 in the city and about 32-35 on the highway. It's a comfortable car to drive. Lots of get up and go but when turning corners in rain, the car skids a bit. My car is kind of a cranberry color. Very pretty."

Powerful and Roomy

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "V6 standard, Reliable, and huge interior"

Cons: "V6 can suck up your gas, takes turns hard"

"I bought my Malibu Maxx at 50,000 miles from a rental agency I worked at at the time, and after some repairs to the brakes (they were rusted from inactivity), this car has made me a happy man. I am 6'5", and this car can handle my tall, fat family (up to 5 full-sized adults) with no problems. The fold-down rear seats also saved my skin when having to move home from college, easily taking most of my stuff in two trips. I've had it on highways, gravel roads, and no roads, and I've never had any problems with power or mobility. The V6 has surprisingly good get-up-and-go, and can power up steeper grade highway hills with ease. If drive like an old man and don't use the power of the V6, I can easily get a consistent 23 mi/gal. On pure highway, can get all the way up to 30+ mi/gal! Only recently have I had any problems with it; it almost overheated, which was fixed with a new water pump and serpentine belt. With most of the "old car" repairs (repairs done around 80,000 miles) done, I fully expect this car to last another 100,000 miles. I highly recommend this vehicle to any starting family on a budget."

I would buy one again

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "Great price, gets great gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"I've had my car almost ten years and (knock on wood) I have had no major issues with it. It gets great gas mileage and rides/drives well on long trips. I'm 5' tall so I feel that it is very roomy; however, my husband is 6' tall and he's not as comfortable in my car. My current mileage is about 180,000 and I'm still getting almost the same mpg as I was when I first bought it (approx 28 in the city; closer to 35 on the highway). I believe I definitely got my money's worth out of this car and I would buy another Malibu."

Great car

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,great gas mileage"

Cons: "problem with electric window back passanger side"

"I just Love this care good on gas comfortable easy to drive got new tires on the front but due to husband passing can not afford the payments asking 6000.00 just to pay off or take over payments already paying for another car with less payments to go.it's a maroon color."

Nice Car

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"I really like this car. This is the second Maxx I have owned. It's has good power for passing and gets good gas milage. I really like all the room the car has. It's also very comfortable. I dive 30,000 miles per year and I am very comfortable in the car. It also does very well in the snow. Overall this is a great car, I'm sad they don't make the maxx any more!!!!!!!!"