2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1009 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I obtained this car out of a deal with a dealership after having bought a different make that was a lemon. Let me say that this car was not my first choice and I never would have considered buying a Malibu on my own. But I have owned this car for 3 years and have put over 97,000 miles on it without a single problem. The only thing I have had to replace is both sets of brake pads, which I consider to be routine maintenance, and not unreasonable considering the mileage I have put on. It gets great gas mileage and is very comfortable. This is truly the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned."

2006 Malibu, 230,000 miles and going strong. 4CYL

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, Ice Cold A/C, Great Radio!"

Cons: "Its a 4 cylinder, Ehhhh... Hubcaps rattle, A LOT!"

"This HAS to be the BEST car I have EVER owned. Currently pumping out 230,000 miles with issues so minimal it is almost unreal. I did have to replace the control arms and struts at around 225K. (I'm still not sure struts were needed) The check engine light has came on once, for a completely wore out thermostat around 215K. The only electrical issues I have came across is the key less entry system, no longer works and the power door lock switches are starting to get tired. Nothing else. I haven't forgot anything! Just typical routine maintenance any car would need! SO MUCH better then my previous Ford! (I sent the Ford to the graveyard at 192K and worried the last 50K miles worth! LOL) My 06 Chevy still runs strong, leave me feeling confident to go wherever I want and I am just going to keep on driving it until it is dead!"

Have been very impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room inside, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not cute"

"I purchased this car with 29,000 miles on it in 2008. It has done a lot of business travel with me, now in 2014 it has 186,000 miles on it. It has the typical rattle in the dash "turn up the radio" type noise. I have only done maintenance items on this car. The passenger seat airbag sensor has been off for years but other than that no problems what so ever. I have been very impressed with this car. I would recommend it to anyone who is finding a decent mileage used one."

Bought it for my kid

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I was so impressed with the value+performance+capability package of the 2003 Malibu which I bought for my oldest kid, that a few months later I bought a 2004 Malibu for my next kid. The younger kid only uses it lightly for local short trips, so the miles have not piled up. Even so, reliability is 100% perfect. Next year she'll be away to college with it, and I'm confident in it. As GM typically does, the car has abundant power. As is a new trend with GM, the car has good fuel economy. That is, a GM V-6 powered mid-sized sedan gets 30 mpg on highway trips. There is one trip I take occasionally involving twisty-turny mountain roads near Austin, TX. The thumb-rocker control on the automatic transmission makes safely navigating that trip a breeze. In my other cars, it's not so easy. My daughter likes all the convenience features of this car, so I'll add that GM has done well at making a car that delivers a pleasant user experience. I've had the car for 4+ years now. According to this web site, the '04 LS model is worth about 60% more than the '03 base model. Maybe so, but they are both fine cars for the price paid."

Powerful and Roomy

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "V6 standard, Reliable, and huge interior"

Cons: "V6 can suck up your gas, takes turns hard"

"I bought my Malibu Maxx at 50,000 miles from a rental agency I worked at at the time, and after some repairs to the brakes (they were rusted from inactivity), this car has made me a happy man. I am 6'5", and this car can handle my tall, fat family (up to 5 full-sized adults) with no problems. The fold-down rear seats also saved my skin when having to move home from college, easily taking most of my stuff in two trips. I've had it on highways, gravel roads, and no roads, and I've never had any problems with power or mobility. The V6 has surprisingly good get-up-and-go, and can power up steeper grade highway hills with ease. If drive like an old man and don't use the power of the V6, I can easily get a consistent 23 mi/gal. On pure highway, can get all the way up to 30+ mi/gal! Only recently have I had any problems with it; it almost overheated, which was fixed with a new water pump and serpentine belt. With most of the "old car" repairs (repairs done around 80,000 miles) done, I fully expect this car to last another 100,000 miles. I highly recommend this vehicle to any starting family on a budget."

great family car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I love my malibu. I was looking for a car that had enough room for two rear facing car seats in the back seat and the truck room for a double stroller. This had it all! I am very satified."

Too many problems

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Malibu in March of 2007. Since then I have had starter problems, (when I turn the key, it won't come on), clunking in the steering, which I just found out is leaking struts. The doors keep swinging shut. The car itself gets pretty good mileage, about 25 in the city and about 32-35 on the highway. It's a comfortable car to drive. Lots of get up and go but when turning corners in rain, the car skids a bit. My car is kind of a cranberry color. Very pretty."

I would buy one again

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "Great price, gets great gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"I've had my car almost ten years and (knock on wood) I have had no major issues with it. It gets great gas mileage and rides/drives well on long trips. I'm 5' tall so I feel that it is very roomy; however, my husband is 6' tall and he's not as comfortable in my car. My current mileage is about 180,000 and I'm still getting almost the same mpg as I was when I first bought it (approx 28 in the city; closer to 35 on the highway). I believe I definitely got my money's worth out of this car and I would buy another Malibu."

Great car

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,great gas mileage"

Cons: "problem with electric window back passanger side"

"I just Love this care good on gas comfortable easy to drive got new tires on the front but due to husband passing can not afford the payments asking 6000.00 just to pay off or take over payments already paying for another car with less payments to go.it's a maroon color."

Nice Car

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"I really like this car. This is the second Maxx I have owned. It's has good power for passing and gets good gas milage. I really like all the room the car has. It's also very comfortable. I dive 30,000 miles per year and I am very comfortable in the car. It also does very well in the snow. Overall this is a great car, I'm sad they don't make the maxx any more!!!!!!!!"