2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1006 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Love this Car!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great price, reliable, good gas mileage, etc"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Best most reliable car I ever owned. V-6 engine has a lot of get up and go. Takes me through much snow and ice. Cant say enough good things about this car."

Almost to 300,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quick, Comfortable, Fun to drive, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Easily stained tan interior"

"This has been our family car since 2007. My mom bought it just two years old. This is the V6 3.5L. It has been a champ! She has a long commute and just sent me a picture of her mileage almost hitting 300k! This car is amazing and I recommend it to anyone. She plans on driving this thing into the ground. This is a good example of taking care of your vehicle really is worth the money."

GREAT for a first car and rough drivers!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "great tranny, engine, interior"

Cons: "outside is boxy looking, could have done better"

"I just turned 20 years old. I received the car brand new when I was 15 and has been a wonderful car. No complaints. I won't lie, I have had some FUN times in it. I am very rough with it. I turn fast, drive fast, and have alot of fun in it! Never had any troubles with it. It's a 4 banger so great gas mileage and jets around pretty good! I drive it very rough and fill my tank up MAYBE twice a month, no more. My mom drives a Kia Spectra and when I drive like I do in mine her tank goes town within 3 days or so and it's slower. The '07 Malibu is an absolutely awesome car. Only thing I don't like is the exterior looks a bit boxy. Do not place things on the seats or they will scratch! Place on the floorboard. The trunk is huge, I am 6'2 and can comfortably lay inside of it. I would suggest the car to anyone. No rattles or anything! Great cheap car."

Best car decision ever

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, spacious, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Electrical problem with front turn signals"

"This car has been my ride-or-die! I'm almost at 256k miles and other than one major issue and normal wear-and-tear, it's still going strong. The car is comfortable, spacious in the front seat as well as back seat, gets excellent gas mileage, and gives me a nice sturdy drive. My one major issue that no one has been able to fix has been an electrical problem with my front turn signals. After trying a variety of repairs and spending over $2000 on them, I finally just took the light bulbs out (because they were burning and melting into the socket). I've been using the old' school turn signs for many years now. Other than that, this car has been the best ever. We got a 2011 and 2016 Chevy Malibu and were very disappointed in the 2016. It's too crowded in the front, has awful leg room in the back, has a blind spot that's almost 3 seconds long, and rear-view mirrors are too small to be as useful as they should be. To this day I'd rather drive the 2005. I'd recommend the 2005 and 2011 over the 2016 any day."

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I obtained this car out of a deal with a dealership after having bought a different make that was a lemon. Let me say that this car was not my first choice and I never would have considered buying a Malibu on my own. But I have owned this car for 3 years and have put over 97,000 miles on it without a single problem. The only thing I have had to replace is both sets of brake pads, which I consider to be routine maintenance, and not unreasonable considering the mileage I have put on. It gets great gas mileage and is very comfortable. This is truly the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned."

Cheap Car but Trustworthy and a Great Value

By on Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pros: "Cheap, reliable, oil change monitor"

Cons: "no rear wiper, cheap smelly interior, unattractive"

"I'm still driving around my malibu and have only had typical maintenance needed like brakes, fluids, and minor suspension parts. Knock on wood, I'll keep driving her around till the transmission hits the curb. Really cheap materials except for the powertrain and backbone of the car (which matters the most)."

Have been very impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room inside, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not cute"

"I purchased this car with 29,000 miles on it in 2008. It has done a lot of business travel with me, now in 2014 it has 186,000 miles on it. It has the typical rattle in the dash "turn up the radio" type noise. I have only done maintenance items on this car. The passenger seat airbag sensor has been off for years but other than that no problems what so ever. I have been very impressed with this car. I would recommend it to anyone who is finding a decent mileage used one."

2006 Malibu, 230,000 miles and going strong. 4CYL

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, Ice Cold A/C, Great Radio!"

Cons: "Its a 4 cylinder, Ehhhh... Hubcaps rattle, A LOT!"

"This HAS to be the BEST car I have EVER owned. Currently pumping out 230,000 miles with issues so minimal it is almost unreal. I did have to replace the control arms and struts at around 225K. (I'm still not sure struts were needed) The check engine light has came on once, for a completely wore out thermostat around 215K. The only electrical issues I have came across is the key less entry system, no longer works and the power door lock switches are starting to get tired. Nothing else. I haven't forgot anything! Just typical routine maintenance any car would need! SO MUCH better then my previous Ford! (I sent the Ford to the graveyard at 192K and worried the last 50K miles worth! LOL) My 06 Chevy still runs strong, leave me feeling confident to go wherever I want and I am just going to keep on driving it until it is dead!"

Bought it for my kid

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I was so impressed with the value+performance+capability package of the 2003 Malibu which I bought for my oldest kid, that a few months later I bought a 2004 Malibu for my next kid. The younger kid only uses it lightly for local short trips, so the miles have not piled up. Even so, reliability is 100% perfect. Next year she'll be away to college with it, and I'm confident in it. As GM typically does, the car has abundant power. As is a new trend with GM, the car has good fuel economy. That is, a GM V-6 powered mid-sized sedan gets 30 mpg on highway trips. There is one trip I take occasionally involving twisty-turny mountain roads near Austin, TX. The thumb-rocker control on the automatic transmission makes safely navigating that trip a breeze. In my other cars, it's not so easy. My daughter likes all the convenience features of this car, so I'll add that GM has done well at making a car that delivers a pleasant user experience. I've had the car for 4+ years now. According to this web site, the '04 LS model is worth about 60% more than the '03 base model. Maybe so, but they are both fine cars for the price paid."

great family car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I love my malibu. I was looking for a car that had enough room for two rear facing car seats in the back seat and the truck room for a double stroller. This had it all! I am very satified."