2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1008 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Love this Car!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great price, reliable, good gas mileage, etc"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Best most reliable car I ever owned. V-6 engine has a lot of get up and go. Takes me through much snow and ice. Cant say enough good things about this car."

Almost to 300,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quick, Comfortable, Fun to drive, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Easily stained tan interior"

"This has been our family car since 2007. My mom bought it just two years old. This is the V6 3.5L. It has been a champ! She has a long commute and just sent me a picture of her mileage almost hitting 300k! This car is amazing and I recommend it to anyone. She plans on driving this thing into the ground. This is a good example of taking care of your vehicle really is worth the money."

Best car decision ever

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, spacious, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Electrical problem with front turn signals"

"This car has been my ride-or-die! I'm almost at 256k miles and other than one major issue and normal wear-and-tear, it's still going strong. The car is comfortable, spacious in the front seat as well as back seat, gets excellent gas mileage, and gives me a nice sturdy drive. My one major issue that no one has been able to fix has been an electrical problem with my front turn signals. After trying a variety of repairs and spending over $2000 on them, I finally just took the light bulbs out (because they were burning and melting into the socket). I've been using the old' school turn signs for many years now. Other than that, this car has been the best ever. We got a 2011 and 2016 Chevy Malibu and were very disappointed in the 2016. It's too crowded in the front, has awful leg room in the back, has a blind spot that's almost 3 seconds long, and rear-view mirrors are too small to be as useful as they should be. To this day I'd rather drive the 2005. I'd recommend the 2005 and 2011 over the 2016 any day."

GREAT for a first car and rough drivers!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "great tranny, engine, interior"

Cons: "outside is boxy looking, could have done better"

"I just turned 20 years old. I received the car brand new when I was 15 and has been a wonderful car. No complaints. I won't lie, I have had some FUN times in it. I am very rough with it. I turn fast, drive fast, and have alot of fun in it! Never had any troubles with it. It's a 4 banger so great gas mileage and jets around pretty good! I drive it very rough and fill my tank up MAYBE twice a month, no more. My mom drives a Kia Spectra and when I drive like I do in mine her tank goes town within 3 days or so and it's slower. The '07 Malibu is an absolutely awesome car. Only thing I don't like is the exterior looks a bit boxy. Do not place things on the seats or they will scratch! Place on the floorboard. The trunk is huge, I am 6'2 and can comfortably lay inside of it. I would suggest the car to anyone. No rattles or anything! Great cheap car."

Cheap Car but Trustworthy and a Great Value

By on Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pros: "Cheap, reliable, oil change monitor"

Cons: "no rear wiper, cheap smelly interior, unattractive"

"I'm still driving around my malibu and have only had typical maintenance needed like brakes, fluids, and minor suspension parts. Knock on wood, I'll keep driving her around till the transmission hits the curb. Really cheap materials except for the powertrain and backbone of the car (which matters the most)."