1998 Chevrolet Malibu

6.9

Based on 958 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

No, no, no!

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Purchased my 03 Malibu 2 years ago at just 37,000 miles (it was previously a rental). Since then it has done nothing but let me down. Now at 58,000 miles, I have been left stranded at work 5 different times, 2 of those were extremely dangerous situations in which I was driving the car out of the parking lot and onto a busy street and the gas pedal decided not to let me use it anymore! I have replaced the brakes 3 times. Lets not forget that, as mentioned before, the air conditioning has a mind of its own. Most recently I was driving the car when it began shaking violently and making the most unheard of noises...come to find out it is a broken rocker arm, which let me tell you, is not cheap to fix. Between towing fees, repairs and the fact that this car is terrible on gas and brakes, I'd say its been a money pit and a waste of time. Save yourself the nightmare."

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"Buy two if you want to buy Malibu. Because one of them will always be in the workshop."

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Constant trouble with the rear brake lights, had to have the ignition & hazard switch replaced almost immediately. Paint began flaking early on. Had to replace the gas filter often. Problems with the air conditioner early on, with it kicking on and off. Blows hot air, most of the time. Took it in twice to be fixed, and still have the same problem. I've talked with several people that own a Malibu, 2 with the same year and model, and they have the same problems. I won't buy another one."

Ok car but not made very well

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Car is OK. runs and drives pretty nice, and was a pretty good value. had many smaller problems, all of which seem to common manufactures defects. gaskets made of wrong material, $1200 to fix. turn signals havent worked for year, which chevy admitted to defective hazards lights. blower only works on high, lights work when they want to. and radio station only plays one station. and have heard the same problems from other people with same car. poorly made."

This is my 4th Malibu - I LOVE MY MALIBU

By on Friday, August 5, 2016

Pros: "Exceptional value. Dependable, Fun to drive !"

Cons: "I cant drive 2 cars so I need to get rid of one!"

"Malibu is in great condition. Very Dependable car to get back and forth to work. Has low milage. I Only drove 7 miles back and forth to work/ 5 days a week. Sliding sunroof in 100% perfect condition. Back seats go down to utilize the trunk and be able to carry larger items in the car. New tires. Fun to drive. feels like a sports car. Great price, cup holders in back and in front. Front "lock out" locks for back windows and doors."