2012 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 892 Ratings for the 2006 - 2016 models.

Comfortable car with alignment front end problems

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, quiet, spacious interior and trunk"

Cons: "Alignment issues"

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. The interior space is very nice with high quality leather. The trunk is very spacious. The ONLY problem I have had with my vehicle is that it has aligment issues. About every 1 1/2 years my alignement goes out and it wears out the front tires. Yes, I get my tires rotated regularly; about every 3500 miles actually. If you search this problem on the internet you will find a class action suit against 2007"

Very good car

By on Friday, July 28, 2017

Pros: "comfort, dependability, fuel mileage,and power"

Cons: "the new body style is much nicer"

"Lots of power from the v6 engine. Very comfortable on long trips. Leather interior put together nicely. 30 mpg on highway. VERY dependable car. No issues with it in 3 years. Last year for the old body style made it a very good buy. Large back seat and trunk. A real road car."

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

Great Mileage/Power Not Overdone W/ Bells/Whistles

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, awesome power, made in North America"

Cons: "no rear A/C or rear cup holders"

"I traded in my '09 Impala LTZ for a '13 Impala LT last spring. The advertised mileage was better than its word. I traveled 6 hours through OK & KS last week. Passing power was no problem. I got over 29 mpg even though during 75% of the trip, I was on city streets or going 80 mph! What an incredible engine & tranny! I didn't want a car w/ a high "belt line" to reduce my road vision. I also didn't need GPS, a heated steering wheel & other unnecessary stuff. I wanted a basic car w/ lots of cabin & trunk space. I got both, especially w/ the fold-flat back seats. The '13 Chevy Impala is a great buy! I highly recommend it!"

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "PRICE STYLE MPG COMFORT SPACE RIDE EVERYTHING"

Cons: "REAR SEATS DON'T FOLD DOWN"

"I've owned this car for a year ane I love it. City mpg 23 hwy mpg 32.4 those are my averages not estimated. Car still runs like new people compliment the style atleast twice a month. I love the ride and the only money I've put in it since the purchase is a water pump, brakes, rotors, and tune up; all of which are regular maitnance except for the water pump. I cannot complain one unnormal repair at 55000miles. If your worried about space worry no more I fit a 55inch TV in the back seat new still in the box. this car is huge. I've owned a blazer, civic, bonnieville, taurus, escort, and lincoln ls. Hands down gm vehicles have been the most reliable but after this impala it chevy from here on out. I love this car getting ready to purchase my wife a malibu. DON'T HESITATE BUY ONE!!!!"