2010 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 892 Ratings for the 2006 - 2016 models.

Really have enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, and Style"

Cons: "None I could really think of"

"I bought a 2008 Impala with 18,000 miles on it. It was the very first used car I ever bought. I must say that I really have enjoyed this car from day one. It's price was decent paid right at $17,000 for it but it runs just like a brand new car. Very good on gas I'm getting over 30mpg on the hwy and 25 mpg in the city. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill up the tank also. The back seats are good size I have two baby car seats back there. The car has plenty of room I'm 6'3'' 205 and space is no problem. The trunk size is nice also with all the baby equipment we haul around. The only bad thing is right after I bought the car I was taking a road trip and a rock flew from a truck and cracked one of my head lights. I really like this car. If they keep building them like this one I may never purchase a brand new car again."

love the impala, everyone who has one is happy!

By on Monday, November 2, 2015

Pros: "love the impala, my first chevy!"

"roomy, runs great! police model, smooth rides can fit 6 comfortably, I only buy from private parties and got a great deal compared to dealerships my car would have been at least 4/5 more"

Absolutely the best Chevy vehicle in years!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! Still turns heads"

Cons: "Make trunk pass thru standard"

"I have owned 3 Chevy Impala cars within the past few years and let me tell you - if you are considering one BUY IT. They are one of the most reliable vehicles. My first was a 2008 LT in bright red with black tinted windows. She was my baby from 19k miles to 77k miles when she was hit and totaled. This car NEVER failed me and drove like a dream. I now own the 2006 LT in pewter (not my first choice but it grows on you). This one was a rental car when new. I recommend CHECKING YOUR CAR HISTORY BEFORE BUYING. I did not in this instance due to having limited time. The dealer never mentioned it was a rental and I had to find out on my own. Personally, I am not a fan of rental vehicles because you never know how they are driven. Leaving that aside, this vehicle is similar but not as solid feeling as my 2008 LT was. Mind you, I owned that vehicle in it's prime and this one was purchased at 94k and has 125k now."

Impala

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "comfort"

"Drives like a full frame car. Very smooth rides great for long trips. Great trunk space, roomy interior, looks great all around."

one of my best in 50 years of driving

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "good price, decent gas mileage & lots of room."

Cons: "none come to mind"

"I have owned many cars over the years. Previouly had a Buick LaCrosse. This is right up there in overall comfort & performance. ( Well not near as fast as a GTO I once owned) This 2011 Impala is very comfortable & handles nice for a sedan. I use it part time in my work & love the big trunk. It is very comfortable especially on long trips.It is an LT model with the luxury package. I can just say it is a great car for the money. I can't wait to see the 2014 model due out next year. My Impala is Red Jewel Tintcoat & I get lots of good comments."

Comfortable car with alignment front end problems

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, quiet, spacious interior and trunk"

Cons: "Alignment issues"

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. The interior space is very nice with high quality leather. The trunk is very spacious. The ONLY problem I have had with my vehicle is that it has aligment issues. About every 1 1/2 years my alignement goes out and it wears out the front tires. Yes, I get my tires rotated regularly; about every 3500 miles actually. If you search this problem on the internet you will find a class action suit against 2007"

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

Great Mileage/Power Not Overdone W/ Bells/Whistles

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, awesome power, made in North America"

Cons: "no rear A/C or rear cup holders"

"I traded in my '09 Impala LTZ for a '13 Impala LT last spring. The advertised mileage was better than its word. I traveled 6 hours through OK & KS last week. Passing power was no problem. I got over 29 mpg even though during 75% of the trip, I was on city streets or going 80 mph! What an incredible engine & tranny! I didn't want a car w/ a high "belt line" to reduce my road vision. I also didn't need GPS, a heated steering wheel & other unnecessary stuff. I wanted a basic car w/ lots of cabin & trunk space. I got both, especially w/ the fold-flat back seats. The '13 Chevy Impala is a great buy! I highly recommend it!"

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "PRICE STYLE MPG COMFORT SPACE RIDE EVERYTHING"

Cons: "REAR SEATS DON'T FOLD DOWN"

"I've owned this car for a year ane I love it. City mpg 23 hwy mpg 32.4 those are my averages not estimated. Car still runs like new people compliment the style atleast twice a month. I love the ride and the only money I've put in it since the purchase is a water pump, brakes, rotors, and tune up; all of which are regular maitnance except for the water pump. I cannot complain one unnormal repair at 55000miles. If your worried about space worry no more I fit a 55inch TV in the back seat new still in the box. this car is huge. I've owned a blazer, civic, bonnieville, taurus, escort, and lincoln ls. Hands down gm vehicles have been the most reliable but after this impala it chevy from here on out. I love this car getting ready to purchase my wife a malibu. DON'T HESITATE BUY ONE!!!!"

SOLID Value for the money and 300HP

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"How on earth does the kbb review claim this engine is not up to snuff to the Honda or Toyota??? It has 300 hp with plenty of torque and I still avg 28.5 mpg over the last 80,000 miles! There is a lot of bias on these sites and in the car magazines toward Honda and Toyota for some reason. Hands getting greased? All I know is this vehicle has been great. Rides nice, quiet, feels substantial and of course the get up and go is awesome. The only thing I would change would be to beef up the suspension for tighter handling but who drives passenger cars on obstacle courses? If you are driving that hard, you are going to kill someone anyway so SLOW DOWN!!! That means you NY, NJ, MI, OH, TN"

My wife made a good decision to buy this car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage doesn,t match up to newer cars."

"Purchased based on 125,000 miles of trouble free experience with the 2000 model. The 2008 50th anniversary model has done almost as well. It's roomy, great on highways, dependable, good looking and pleasant to drive. It's a family or senior citizen car. New rendition of Impala has all of the new technology upgrades but this previous model is a great value."

great car

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "runs great, good mpg, easy to drive, great car"

"bought this car in 2011 brand new. got 10,000 dollars off of it, the car has almost every option and runs and drives great. always starts great, all the electronics work great and gets good mpg. the car also does very well in snow and the traction control works amazing on icy roads and dirt"

Solid Sedan

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price, OnStar, Fuel Mileage, Horsepower."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned Chevrolet vehicles all my life, and have always been very satisfied. The Chevrolet Impala is no exception. This is a solid car for a good price. My 2010 model gets great gas mileage, and the newer ones get even better gas mileage. This car rides very nice, and has enough ponies under the hood to get up and go when you need it to. Great for around town, and very responsive on the highway. If you are a do-it-yourself person, you'll find that changing the oil on this car is very easy. I highly recommend this car, and Chevrolet in general."

Good value sedan!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Spacious interior, large trunk, good value."

Cons: "Remote starter has poor range"

"This car handles well, has been dependable, and gets 29 mpg. It is generous in size with plenty of room for 5 passengers. I love the large trunk space which I use for flea market finds, shopping purchases, grandkids suitcases,etc.The backseat folds down giving you another option for loading long or large items in the trunk. You could practically bed down and live in it. I have the power heated leather seats included in a deluxe package , a real plus on cold winter mornings. Comes with On Star free for the first year. I did subscribe to On Star the second year for the phone service, and emergency contact,and the unlocking door feature,but there are better ways to get directions so did not purchase that part after the first year. It does come with an automatic car starter , however, if buying again I would upgrade this due to poor range of the one included. Overall ,a good value sedan ."

GREAT CAR

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "great car, great power, great price"

Cons: "most dont come with dark interior. mine did though"

"I would recommend the Chevy Impala with the 3.9L engine. It has great power with good gas mileage. The car has need no repairs and it has 105,000 miles on it. Living in the New York where they salt the roads in the winter, you will find the Impala holds up very well"

best vehicle i've had so far

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "wish it got more miles to the gallon"

"Great and reliable car."

Five years of excellent service. No problems.

By on Monday, October 6, 2014

"We are retired and wanted a comfortable automobile with plenty of space. Good gas mileage and no problems with getting it serviced. This Chevrolet fulfilled all our needs for the past five years. We bought a new vehicle because of our changing needs."

By on Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable and great gas mileage"

Cons: "N/A"

"Have owned this car for four years and is as pleasant to drive now as then. The styling of this car has held up and it has been a very reliable car."

first car love it :)

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "fast when you need it to be, comfortable"

Cons: "small cup holders ok on gas"

"great car good ok on gas (16-18) city (22-28) highway very reliable cupholders are a little funny if you have a large cup one is small the other is a bit bigger. back seats are very comfortable trunk is huge inside really deep center console nice little pocket under heater controls, blows hot fast in winter and real cold in summer options include AUX input, c/d, traction control, and stability control, six speaker sound system, 0-60 8.7 seconds however it is limited to 112 MPH remote start DRL'S approach lighting. standard alarm i have had no problems with this car will easily get up and go when you put your foot down overall i would recommend this car for anyone looking for a first car or a family or anyone looking for a quality american made car!!!!!"

Not a bad vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, good brakes, fast, lots of room"

Cons: "too much plastic, no usb, steering feel"

"I have the LTZ model. Fully loaded with a sunroof, leather, heated seats and mirrors. XM, Bluetooth, onstar and remote start as standard equippment. I bought my car about 3 weeks ago used. Got a pretty good deal too. The handling is okay. The steering feel is heavy and the throttle is slow but underway the car is fast. It has the new (for the impala in 2012 anyways) 3.6 litre V6 with a 6 speed auto. No paddle shifters on the steering wheel or on the gear selector. Just a regular 6 speed. The brakes are very good and the ride is very smooth and quite. My car has quite a bit of room in it. I am 6'2 and I don't even have the drivers seat all the way back. The steering wheel does not telescope and the pedals don't adjust. As I said before my car is loaded with all the options available to it at the time. I wish it had auto climate control although its not a big deal. I also wish it had one touch open AND close sunroof. It is just one touch open. Once again no big deal, but when this car was new it costs over $32k. It also doesn't have a full power passenger seat. It's just power slide with manual recline. The drivers seat is power slide and recline with manual lumbar support. The sound system is pretty good. The LTZ models came standard with the bose 8 speaker system. The radio is MP3 compatible and it has an "AUX" port to plug in a MP3 device but it has no USB which is a major let down. Bluetooth is nice and clear and I like the XM but I don't use it. I got 3 months free when I bought my car. The instrument cluster is clear and easy to read. The climate control, although not digital, is simple and easy to use. The rear seats flip and fold and my car has a very large trunk. There is a lot of plastic in this car as well as on the outside door pillars though. The dash, preferably the bottom half, is comprised of hard plastic. As is the center console and parts of the doors. It has a lot of storage space and two cup holders in the front that are quite deep and two in the back. It has a deep center arm rest storage bin but the glove box is not that big. Overall, however, this is a pretty nice car. Lots of room and simple controls make this a perfect car for a college student or first time driver. They are pretty reliable and relatively cheap if you get them used which I recommend. I am glad I brought my Impala. Also they get good gas mileage in mixed driving situations. I am getting 20 mpgs of mixed driving and that number is going up. These cars take regular unleaded (87)."

Great car to own

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, 20 MPG city, 30 MPG highway"

Cons: "The car does not have automatic temperature contro"

"I bought his car new. Since then the car has been extremely reliable and trust worthy. I do my oil/grease/lubes on time but have skipped the dealers recommended PM's. Total repair cost in five years has been less than $500.00. If any other car can beat that I would be surprised."

Solid and reliable car

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Value for price, reliable, smooth ride."

Cons: "ho-hum exterior design."

"Owned 2011 for 15 months, no issues at all. Very, very comfortable ride, plenty of power, good gas mileage on highway. One of the better cars I've owned in the past 30 years of driving and owning many different vehicles. Much smoother, predictable ride than wifes 2011 Accord."

Love my Impala, can't wait for 2014 model!

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "roomy, good price, reliable"

Cons: "still a year til the 2014 comes out~!"

"I've had my 2011 Impala LT since April 2012, it had 21000 when I bought it and now has 47000, so I do a fair amount of driving, with 3 kids ages 16, 14, and 10 it has enough room that they arent crammed even on long trips, it handles well, no it's not a sports car, you want something that handels like a Mustang/Camaro, then buy a Mustang/Camaro.. this is a family sadan. It has more than enough cargo room, the back seating area is large. I have the LT w/ the LTZ package, so mine is fully loaded, which is nice, the onstar pricing is very resonable, and with it I can keep track of where my 16 year old is at when driving. It gets very good gas milage for a large sadan- While it is not the sharpest looking car, and does have that fleet car feel, I still love this car, big props to Chevy for changing the Impala up in 2014, if you havent seen the new look yet, you should check it out, that will be my next new car!"

best

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "great"

Cons: "great"

"Love It"

Really a great car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, yet great family car"

Cons: "Original price and fuel economy"

"I bought this vehicle new and it's been the best, most trouble free car I've ever owned. It has lots of go even on regular gas despite recommended premium. Only problem ever has been the OnStar system when new stopped working and needed warranty work in the first year. Now works great. Only other problem is occasional tire pressure monitoring system error that self corrects. Hit a deer at 50 mph when only one year old and had only cosmetic damage of $3000. No drivability issues at all. Got 55K miles on original tires and brakes are only 1/2 worn. I get about 20-21mpg combined with fairly aggressive driving. Gets 25-26 highway with the 4 cylinder displacement on demand system. I can't justify trading for something more economical due to fuel prices."