2008 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 889 Ratings for the 2006 - 2016 models.

Freakin Awesome

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I purchased this SS used, came with Equus rims. I love this car, just wish it were rear wheel drive. There's so much torque in the front wheels its scary at times (the only reason I rated performance a 4). I love the handling and the grip on the road! I'm glad my kids are grown so I don't have to fight for the keys..."

Bought used

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Purchased used 5 months ago with 66,000 miles, but car was EXTRA clean So far,excellent...exceeded my expectations. I got 29.5mpg averaging 70.7 mph on a trip to NC. Very comfortable and quiet."

Reliable, Comfortable, Value

By on Friday, January 1, 2010

"I own a 2001 Impala that I bought new - it has 79000 miles and I have not had any serious problems mechanical or otherwise with it. It has been a very reliable family car and handles every day back and forth to work just as well as long distance vacation trips. Great trunk space, large glove box and console. Gets decent gas mileage and has plenty of back seat leg room - even my 6' son has no problem sitting the back. I do wish it had cup holders in the back seat for those trips thru the drive thru on vacations, but that can be fixed with a cheap trip to your local auto store. Overall, I have no complaints about my now 8 year old Impala - in fact, I just purchased a 2009 model yesterday so my teenage kids can drive the 2001 model. We are now a 2 Impala family!! Still...Chevy - you need to rethink the whole cup holder thing...this is the 21st Century, people in the back seat drink things too ya know!!"

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

Value, value, value!!

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Heads won't turn to look at the body style. But it is unbelievably inexpensive and so far has held up. MPG is OK, but the tires they give are "el cheapo." Visibilty is poor out the back window. The gas pedal is at one distance and the brake quite a bit lower, so you'll have difficulty just pivoting on your heel. No need to select expensive options, since this has enough on the base model and loses its value very quickly anyway."