2005 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 998 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, safe for new drivers!"

Cons: "Honestly can't think of ANY!"

"Loved this car from the first time I drove it. Bought it used, but, it had very LOW miles on it. It had ALL the bells & whistles I was looking for & a few that I'd never had before, such as heated seats, and a sun roof, which I LOVE. Have owned this car for 7 years now, and STILL LOVE IT, as much as the first time I drove it! Love the stereo system in it, the sporty yet luxurious feel of the interior and exterior style. Love the performance of the engion. It's always "peppy". No one can ever pass me up, unless I let them! LOL! Great Car! Also: excellent gas milage. Couple more things I just thought of....also like the large truck and the back seat will fold down for larger cargo. Handles well on wet roads."

Best Car I Owned!

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Awesome,good pricing,Long-lasting"

Cons: "Anti-theft lock not working"

"I had this car for almost 12 years! It has been my #1 car for that time. VERY GREAT 1ST CARS! My father kept telling me not to buy an Impala but I did anyways. but my power anti-theft lock isn't working."

Great car...very dependable commuter car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "good price for the features, fun to drive"

Cons: "headrests are uncomfortable"

"This car has been an excellent commuter car. I love how it drives and all of the features it has. It holds a family of four and our luggage comfortably when we take a trip."

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"

Nice Vehicle - great highway cruiser

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I do a LOT of driving for work - about 20k per year, and have an 06 Impala LT with the 3.5 engine. I'm not sure how some people only get 18-22mpg, because this thing averages 32-34 on the highway (consistently - no exaggeration) - driving 70 to 75 mph. Very smooth ride, quite, comfortable, and safe feeling car, My only complaint is the ride is a little soft for my taste - I like a sportier, firmer ride, but then again, this isn't a sports car.. I believe the LTZ model, however, has firmer suspesion (the "FE2" code suspension) - so that may be something to look into. Other than that, no complaints. My last Chevy was a 98 Monte Carlo that was still running very strong at 160k - this one seems like it will go well past 200k w/o any problems."