2004 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 993 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

I would buy 18 of these

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable. Safe. Beastly."

Cons: "Gas mileage has gone from avg. to poor over time."

"I bought this car used. It already had 160,000 miles on it (mostly highway miles--I know the previous owner). I have had it for four years and it is now an 11 year old vehicle. Outside of normal wear and tear/maintenance (oil changes, replacing worn break pads) I have put exactly $60 into this car. I replaced the resonator which had a hole in it and had gotten very loud over a long period of time. The car's performance has been phenomenal. I have never had a problem with it that did not allow me to drive it. It has had minor electrical problems--but considering the age of the car and the price I paid for it, I'm not worried about those kinds of things. The point is, if you are looking for reliability, safety, durability and endurance, this is your car. The thing is a tank. It thinks it is a truck in the snow. It will win in a fight with any other car. I would joust in this thing. Incredible. Superior. Runs like a dream. LOVE THIS CAR!"

One of Chevy's Better Products

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "price mpg comfort space"

"This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I have only had one maintenance problem in the 6 years that I have owned it and that was a small pump in the Trans that needed replacement at about 100000 miles. althought it is showing some age at the moment, I do not intend to sell it. I intend to have it rebuilt and keep it another 6 years. I have the V-Six and I like to brag that my 2005 Impala is a full size car that gets 33 mpg and which is equal to most of the so called compact efficient cars of the recent past"

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"bought used the car now has 120000 miles on it no problems ,Great gas MPG 32mpg.. Would buy another ,but for now we drive this one everyday no plans to sell or trade!"

Excellant car

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I bought my Impala used in 2005 with 100k on it from the origional owners who maintained it regularly and took excellant care of it. I have had very few problems with it and now have 145k on it. Still looks great and I would not be afraid to take a trip anywhere in it. Which goes to show if you maintain & take care of a vehicle it will last!! GO CHEVROLET!!USA & PROUD OF IT!!"

A money pit..

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"We got our 2001 Impala at 3yrs with 36,000 miles. This is a poorly made car. Neither dependable or reliable. This car hit the point of deminishing returns long ago. I expected to have this car for 10 yrs and 150,000! Even my mechanic said it was becoming a money pit and recommended getting a newer one! It didn't qualify for cash for clunkers although it certainly was a clunker"

BEST CAR EVER MADE

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"2002 Impala. Purchased in 2004. Leather interior, heat seats. Most comfortable ride, awesome gas mileage, fits 3 car seats in the back seat. This car has over 200,000 miles. I have never had to put it in the shop. I have never had to fix anything on it. Ideal for anyone who is looking for a dependable, efficient vehicle. Very sporty looking, awesome safety features. I have 2 children and 2 step-children, and the whole family fits. I Refuse to drive a momma-van. The trunk is amazingly huge. I LOVE IT !"

Yearly Fix

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"We bought a 2002 Impala in 2005 with 35K. Once per year there was something that cost big $$ to fix. The steering rack went out at only 50K ($1000 all told). The tab for the windshield wiper parking position broke ( a common problem with these cars) and cost $400 to fix what should be a $3 part. The blower motor resistor and motor went out at 60K. The 2-piece windshield washer reservoir is a constant annoyance. Our turn signals don't work at times, unless the hazard lights are turned on and off. At 80K, the stereo quit. I thought it was the amp, but the dealer wants >$600 for a new one!! I just laughed. The drivetrain has been rock solid, but the typical problems known to these cars have all seemed to crop up in mine."

Pretty good overall

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"The Impala is a very nice car overall. I have owned the LT with the Luxury package for a little over 6 mos. now. Best thing I like is the quietness of the interior and the very smooth ride. Its looks pretty sleek also. Wish my 3.5 eng could put out more horses...it's a little sluggish in passing mode esp. compared to my last car, a 3.5 Olds Intrigue had more pep. But going to a bigger engine would have put a dent in my gas milage currently averaging 24MPG. The heated seats are nice, the bottom seat cushions in the front seats could have been more substantial, a little lacking in cushion/support. Definitely the price was right being cheaper than a Honda Accord, Toyoto Camry, and Dodge Charger with the options it has. (other cars I checked out)"

Very Good Value

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Great looks, and very good performance. Huge trunk, but could use a little more leg room in the back, especially with a tall driver putting the front seat all the way back. Has been very reliable with only one minor problem with the alternator covered under warranty. Reasonable on gas on long-distance travel; not quite as advertised around town, but overall better than average for this size car. The Bose sound system is outstanding, and ride comfort is very good. Ergonomics (for the driver) are the best that I have encountered in my 45 years of driving. If the quality, fit and finish remain as good as this car, I would, when the time came, buy another Impala LTZ to replace this one. I am extremely happy with it....."

nice car

By on Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Overall it's a nice car. Here are some downfalls. I don't get the gas mileage I expected. It averages around 22 MPG. Nothing to brag about. Not much leg room in back for passengers and the range for the remote is not very good...even after having the sensor replaced. It rides and handles nice though."