2004 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 993 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"

Nice Vehicle - great highway cruiser

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I do a LOT of driving for work - about 20k per year, and have an 06 Impala LT with the 3.5 engine. I'm not sure how some people only get 18-22mpg, because this thing averages 32-34 on the highway (consistently - no exaggeration) - driving 70 to 75 mph. Very smooth ride, quite, comfortable, and safe feeling car, My only complaint is the ride is a little soft for my taste - I like a sportier, firmer ride, but then again, this isn't a sports car.. I believe the LTZ model, however, has firmer suspesion (the "FE2" code suspension) - so that may be something to look into. Other than that, no complaints. My last Chevy was a 98 Monte Carlo that was still running very strong at 160k - this one seems like it will go well past 200k w/o any problems."

Styling and Performance

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"Very good acceleration and great handling. Nice appointments and great looks. Seats not as cushy as my 2000 Impala but certainly comfortable. Gas mileage on the highway is as advertised and good for the size of car and engine although around town does not quite measure up to estimates. Very reliable and great value. Will get another top-of-line Impala in another 2-3 years."

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, safe for new drivers!"

Cons: "Honestly can't think of ANY!"

"Loved this car from the first time I drove it. Bought it used, but, it had very LOW miles on it. It had ALL the bells & whistles I was looking for & a few that I'd never had before, such as heated seats, and a sun roof, which I LOVE. Have owned this car for 7 years now, and STILL LOVE IT, as much as the first time I drove it! Love the stereo system in it, the sporty yet luxurious feel of the interior and exterior style. Love the performance of the engion. It's always "peppy". No one can ever pass me up, unless I let them! LOL! Great Car! Also: excellent gas milage. Couple more things I just thought of....also like the large truck and the back seat will fold down for larger cargo. Handles well on wet roads."

Reliable Car

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Great Leg Room, Huge Trunk Space"

Cons: "Long car"

"I had my 2002 Impala manufactured for me and have been overly satisfied with how reliable it has been. There was an engine head gasket (minor) problem right before it hit 90,000 miles that was covered under the extended warranty. The transmission did not blow until 190,000+ miles. Oil didn't have to be changed every 3,000 miles ~ the car was set to let you know when oil was low. It is the roomiest car I have ever driven or ridden in, and there may not be any cars nor small SUV's that can compare to the legroom, headroom, and trunk space that the 2002 Impala offers (I know, I've checked!). Great car for the size, value, and reliability! Love it, love it, love it!"

Car is falling apart!

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, solid built car"

Cons: "bad transmissions, terrible paint job"

"This has been the worst car I've ever owned. If I wouldn't have bought the extended warranty, I would've paid about $12,000 for repairs after the original warranty expired."

love this car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "sweet car"

"I love the style and looks of this car the comfort the handleing. My car has 153000 miles on it still has decent retail value. This car is very dependable get good gas mileage for the size of car it is. I have gotten up to 38mpg on highway"

Fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "great A/C, Stereo, runs everyday and still looks g"

Cons: "They don't make this style anymore."

"This car has served 6 people in my family with no issues. It has been to college with 2 kids and still remains a loved tresure by each of us. Easy to maintain and great quality from front to back. The interior still looks new with no dash damage from the Arizona sun. The A/C is very good and all passengers even in 120 degree weather are comfortable. The base stereo is very good and has andled all types of music with no issues. We are extremely pleased with the vehicle and still find it a pleasure to drive as well as look at! No, it is not for sale!"

I love this car so much! It's been the best ever.

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "It's all good!"

Cons: "A/C fan is not the strongest."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

"I've driven this car for 7 wonderful years. It has been very reliable & great to drive. I've gotten over 30mpg on long trips, I use the cruise control all the time. 16mpg in town is a bummer though. It's powerful,roomy with tons of storage space. Lots of leg room & comfy seats. Ive always like the way the radio lowers itself when the outside noise lowers, it lowers. I kept all weather tires on it for snow in Utah. It drove and handled great in snow, ice & rainy roads/weather. I'd buy it again but the 2012 Imps have terrible ratings. I truely love this car."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

Good solid car.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Few problems after early transmission failure at about 30,000 miles. Dealer would not help with problem since it was just over 3 years old."