2004 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 997 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Styling and Performance

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"Very good acceleration and great handling. Nice appointments and great looks. Seats not as cushy as my 2000 Impala but certainly comfortable. Gas mileage on the highway is as advertised and good for the size of car and engine although around town does not quite measure up to estimates. Very reliable and great value. Will get another top-of-line Impala in another 2-3 years."

Vlad the Impala

By on Thursday, January 26, 2017

"Bought '04 "Vlad the Impala" in '06. Going on 300k miles now with just basic maintenance. Just keeps running. It's not going to drag race anyone, but gets 30 mpg and carries 6 passengers, with a huge trunk. Biggest repair was a leaky fuel filter which cost $7.95 + 1 hour labor to repair."

Reliable Car

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Great Leg Room, Huge Trunk Space"

Cons: "Long car"

"I had my 2002 Impala manufactured for me and have been overly satisfied with how reliable it has been. There was an engine head gasket (minor) problem right before it hit 90,000 miles that was covered under the extended warranty. The transmission did not blow until 190,000+ miles. Oil didn't have to be changed every 3,000 miles ~ the car was set to let you know when oil was low. It is the roomiest car I have ever driven or ridden in, and there may not be any cars nor small SUV's that can compare to the legroom, headroom, and trunk space that the 2002 Impala offers (I know, I've checked!). Great car for the size, value, and reliability! Love it, love it, love it!"

Car is falling apart!

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, solid built car"

Cons: "bad transmissions, terrible paint job"

"This has been the worst car I've ever owned. If I wouldn't have bought the extended warranty, I would've paid about $12,000 for repairs after the original warranty expired."

love this car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "sweet car"

"I love the style and looks of this car the comfort the handleing. My car has 153000 miles on it still has decent retail value. This car is very dependable get good gas mileage for the size of car it is. I have gotten up to 38mpg on highway"

Fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "great A/C, Stereo, runs everyday and still looks g"

Cons: "They don't make this style anymore."

"This car has served 6 people in my family with no issues. It has been to college with 2 kids and still remains a loved tresure by each of us. Easy to maintain and great quality from front to back. The interior still looks new with no dash damage from the Arizona sun. The A/C is very good and all passengers even in 120 degree weather are comfortable. The base stereo is very good and has andled all types of music with no issues. We are extremely pleased with the vehicle and still find it a pleasure to drive as well as look at! No, it is not for sale!"

I love this car so much! It's been the best ever.

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "It's all good!"

Cons: "A/C fan is not the strongest."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

"I've driven this car for 7 wonderful years. It has been very reliable & great to drive. I've gotten over 30mpg on long trips, I use the cruise control all the time. 16mpg in town is a bummer though. It's powerful,roomy with tons of storage space. Lots of leg room & comfy seats. Ive always like the way the radio lowers itself when the outside noise lowers, it lowers. I kept all weather tires on it for snow in Utah. It drove and handled great in snow, ice & rainy roads/weather. I'd buy it again but the 2012 Imps have terrible ratings. I truely love this car."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

Good solid car.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Few problems after early transmission failure at about 30,000 miles. Dealer would not help with problem since it was just over 3 years old."

I would buy 18 of these

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable. Safe. Beastly."

Cons: "Gas mileage has gone from avg. to poor over time."

"I bought this car used. It already had 160,000 miles on it (mostly highway miles--I know the previous owner). I have had it for four years and it is now an 11 year old vehicle. Outside of normal wear and tear/maintenance (oil changes, replacing worn break pads) I have put exactly $60 into this car. I replaced the resonator which had a hole in it and had gotten very loud over a long period of time. The car's performance has been phenomenal. I have never had a problem with it that did not allow me to drive it. It has had minor electrical problems--but considering the age of the car and the price I paid for it, I'm not worried about those kinds of things. The point is, if you are looking for reliability, safety, durability and endurance, this is your car. The thing is a tank. It thinks it is a truck in the snow. It will win in a fight with any other car. I would joust in this thing. Incredible. Superior. Runs like a dream. LOVE THIS CAR!"

One of Chevy's Better Products

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "price mpg comfort space"

"This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I have only had one maintenance problem in the 6 years that I have owned it and that was a small pump in the Trans that needed replacement at about 100000 miles. althought it is showing some age at the moment, I do not intend to sell it. I intend to have it rebuilt and keep it another 6 years. I have the V-Six and I like to brag that my 2005 Impala is a full size car that gets 33 mpg and which is equal to most of the so called compact efficient cars of the recent past"