1994 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 529 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have totally enjoyed my Impala for 5 years and 120,000 miles; good gas mileage (on the road and around town), reliable (always starts); comfortable (I drive a LOT for work and it's good on long trips); large trunk (holds my golf clubs with room to spare); I'm 5'10" and it's comfortable with my long legs; low maintenance costs (only oil changes and new tires, no major break downs); handles well in midwest winter driving conditions"

Driving my dream car

By on Friday, November 4, 2016

Pros: "SO FUN TO DRIVE, and FAST!!!"

Cons: "None, its BIG and people get out of the way!"

"I ordered my 96 impala Oct 1995 and got it 12/17/1995. Happiest day of my life. It now has over 211k on it, on my 2nd engine, just recently changed out the transmission and have absolutely NO REGRETS AT ALL BUYING THIS CAR! I am constantly approached either while sitting in my car at a store or gas station, or at a stop light asking if its for sale. With high miles and the fact that I have driven this car DAILY, I am having to replace and fix a lot of things including repair of leather interior. But this goes with the territory with age and miles that it has on it, and again No regrets. Its my 4 door vette, with ample trunk space to bring home my groceries, or grab my kid and his full sized mountain bike."

Classic no Doubt

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"What are all these dumb reviews about "my V6" and "good family car" Give me a break! We are talking about the 1994-1996 Chevrolet Impala SS. Mine was a 96, Black Cherry that i bought new in 1996 (12 years ago) and has been a great car all these years...That is till some clown talking on a cell phone rear ended my last week on the I 95 fwy and totalled my old friend. 12 years and 90,000 miles of outstanding service with no major parts failures(only a water pump at 80,000, regular oil changes and many many sets of rear tires (installed a line lock 3 years ago and became burn-out king in my area) Anyway, great car. I paid $22000 new and it still books out around $10000 (before accident of course) Don't find very many cars that hold value like that. Mine suffered major frame damage and body smashed up to back of rear seats. So goodbye old friend. You will be missed....."

2000 Still going Strong!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"We bought our 2000 Impala used in 2002. It has proven to be reliable even at 110,000 miles. With routine maintanence, we have only had to replace brakes, tires, and the wheel bearings. The drivers window motor catches sometimes, but is still usable. Hubby wanted to trade it in for a newer model, but I would like to see how long it will keep running so well! I am a big fan of the great gas mileage also. With gas at almost 4.00 a gallon, I can still go all week on $30.00. Great car for the money!"

Great car, but...

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this car new. I'm sold on the comfort and excellent fuel economy. There are two things that sour the whole experience however: it fails to start at times (Passlock system) and I have to wait 10 minutes minimum before it will crank. And the other day, it started running like it had a potato up the tailpipe. Am scheduled to have the dealer test the catalytic converter next week. There is a TSB on this problem which extends the warranty on the catalytic to 10 yrs/120K miles. Other than that, it's been a solid car."

saved my life

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I had a 2003 impala prior to having my 2005 and it saved my daughters and my life when a man ran a red light and t-boned my car and flippled us over. because of all safety precausions that are made with this car, we were able to walk away with only a few scratches from broken glass. love this car so much that i replaced it with the 2005 a few days later."

Awesome 1st car!!

By on Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Ive wanted this car for about 10 years. So when the opportunity arose I pounced on it. I bought it in AUG 2009 and have no intention of selling it. As you know the MPG is terrible but you knew that. I love the acceleration and the looks it gets after its washed and waxed. The flowmaster Super 44 series exhaust helps alot too.but I love this car and I have absolutely no regrets . ALWAYS DRIVE A CHEVY..NEVER DRIVE A FORD !!"

By on Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"72,000 miles now. Only problem was a wheel bearing at 70,000 and had to have the CD player repaired (dealer wanted to replace, an audio shop repaired it for a lot less). Have replaced battery once, front pads once. For a sedan it feels sporty and strong."

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"This vehicle is roomy, quiet, nice looking, reliable, and gets decent mileage (25-26 MPG in average driving, 29-30 MPG if I am trying to save gas)"