1994 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 529 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have totally enjoyed my Impala for 5 years and 120,000 miles; good gas mileage (on the road and around town), reliable (always starts); comfortable (I drive a LOT for work and it's good on long trips); large trunk (holds my golf clubs with room to spare); I'm 5'10" and it's comfortable with my long legs; low maintenance costs (only oil changes and new tires, no major break downs); handles well in midwest winter driving conditions"

Driving my dream car

By on Friday, November 4, 2016

Pros: "SO FUN TO DRIVE, and FAST!!!"

Cons: "None, its BIG and people get out of the way!"

"I ordered my 96 impala Oct 1995 and got it 12/17/1995. Happiest day of my life. It now has over 211k on it, on my 2nd engine, just recently changed out the transmission and have absolutely NO REGRETS AT ALL BUYING THIS CAR! I am constantly approached either while sitting in my car at a store or gas station, or at a stop light asking if its for sale. With high miles and the fact that I have driven this car DAILY, I am having to replace and fix a lot of things including repair of leather interior. But this goes with the territory with age and miles that it has on it, and again No regrets. Its my 4 door vette, with ample trunk space to bring home my groceries, or grab my kid and his full sized mountain bike."

Classic no Doubt

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"What are all these dumb reviews about "my V6" and "good family car" Give me a break! We are talking about the 1994-1996 Chevrolet Impala SS. Mine was a 96, Black Cherry that i bought new in 1996 (12 years ago) and has been a great car all these years...That is till some clown talking on a cell phone rear ended my last week on the I 95 fwy and totalled my old friend. 12 years and 90,000 miles of outstanding service with no major parts failures(only a water pump at 80,000, regular oil changes and many many sets of rear tires (installed a line lock 3 years ago and became burn-out king in my area) Anyway, great car. I paid $22000 new and it still books out around $10000 (before accident of course) Don't find very many cars that hold value like that. Mine suffered major frame damage and body smashed up to back of rear seats. So goodbye old friend. You will be missed....."

2000 Still going Strong!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"We bought our 2000 Impala used in 2002. It has proven to be reliable even at 110,000 miles. With routine maintanence, we have only had to replace brakes, tires, and the wheel bearings. The drivers window motor catches sometimes, but is still usable. Hubby wanted to trade it in for a newer model, but I would like to see how long it will keep running so well! I am a big fan of the great gas mileage also. With gas at almost 4.00 a gallon, I can still go all week on $30.00. Great car for the money!"

Great car, but...

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this car new. I'm sold on the comfort and excellent fuel economy. There are two things that sour the whole experience however: it fails to start at times (Passlock system) and I have to wait 10 minutes minimum before it will crank. And the other day, it started running like it had a potato up the tailpipe. Am scheduled to have the dealer test the catalytic converter next week. There is a TSB on this problem which extends the warranty on the catalytic to 10 yrs/120K miles. Other than that, it's been a solid car."

saved my life

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I had a 2003 impala prior to having my 2005 and it saved my daughters and my life when a man ran a red light and t-boned my car and flippled us over. because of all safety precausions that are made with this car, we were able to walk away with only a few scratches from broken glass. love this car so much that i replaced it with the 2005 a few days later."

Awesome 1st car!!

By on Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Ive wanted this car for about 10 years. So when the opportunity arose I pounced on it. I bought it in AUG 2009 and have no intention of selling it. As you know the MPG is terrible but you knew that. I love the acceleration and the looks it gets after its washed and waxed. The flowmaster Super 44 series exhaust helps alot too.but I love this car and I have absolutely no regrets . ALWAYS DRIVE A CHEVY..NEVER DRIVE A FORD !!"

By on Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"72,000 miles now. Only problem was a wheel bearing at 70,000 and had to have the CD player repaired (dealer wanted to replace, an audio shop repaired it for a lot less). Have replaced battery once, front pads once. For a sedan it feels sporty and strong."

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"This vehicle is roomy, quiet, nice looking, reliable, and gets decent mileage (25-26 MPG in average driving, 29-30 MPG if I am trying to save gas)"

Excellent Car so far!

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I recently bought a 2004 loaded up model and really love it. We have only had the car for a couple of months and found that the 3.8 L was low two courts of oil. We bought the extended GM certified warranty and are running an oil usage test on it to see what the problem may be. I'm hoping that it was simply the dealers error when they changed the oil on it because using that much oil in a couple of months is unheard of. Aside from that, this car is wonderful. I'm very jealous of my wife because she gets to drive it daily. I would rate the car an excellent buy providing that you get the 3.8 L and loaded package. I've had four cars now with the 3.8 L in it and now will not accept anything less. These motors are almost bullet proof, but do have a few little quirks to them where GM cut corners. The car rides really nice, yet doesn't handle as well as I had hoped. Of course this is comparing it to two Grand Prix's that we previously owned. The steering seems sluggish and the car slides a bit on snow and ice (with new all season tires) compared to the Grand Prix's. I love the head and leg room, while the heated leather seats are amazing in the wintertime. Overall, and thus far, I would recommend this car to anyone but would caution them on its sluggish handling. Ride, comfort, style, and acceleration is top notch. This is an honest and accurate opinion from a professional truck driver of thirteen years."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Bought new in 2000. Now it's 2008 and 182,000 miles later and still running great. Manufacturer recommended service is a must on this car. Some typical repairs, some not so typical such as replacing motor on power windows. No tranny problems. Front end is susceptible to wear faster than I think should be. All in all, nice car."

Solid Value with Performance

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I've now put nearly 55,000 miles on my LS since taking delivery in October 2004. It's the best car I've owned in over 40 years of driving. Great performance, great ride, low cost of ownership and something for anyone thinking 'hybrid'....I get 35-36 MPG freeway driving when I keep the cruise control between 55 and 60 mph. My around town gas economy is better tha 25 MPG. This is likely to be the last car I'll ever need to buy"

A great car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this car back in 2002 in Elkhart, Indiana with 72,000mi on it. One month before my warranty expired the transmission die on me. Thank God I still had the warranty. Got the new transmission and haven't had any problems since then. It makes over 25mpg on highway and over 18mpg in the city. This is an excellent car for a single person or for an entire family of 3, 4 or 5 people. I would recomend this car to my worst enemy."

Fast, fun, economical, practical, comfortable

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "Price is right, it is fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "No cup holders. Use ash tray"

"I bought this car new and will own it until my next life. I currently have 58,000 miles on it. Due to our cold, snowy winters I only drive it from spring to fall. Wherever I go people still admire the car and ask if it is for sale."

Dream car!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fast, and good on gas for a sports car"

Cons: "Can't drive in winter"

"I love this car! I want to own all colors one day. The last true impala SS."

Love my 4door hot rod

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,Chevy reliable"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"Were ever you drive you will get looks and thumbs up from a lot of guys."

GREAT CAR

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"GREAT CAR STILL RIDES GOOD ONLY MINOR SERVICE PROBLEMS.PEOPLE ALWAYS COME UP TO ME AND SAY THAT CAR LOOKS GREAT.THEY CANT BELIEVE IT IS A 1996 WITH 41000 MI. I HAVE OWNED IT SINCE NEW AND WILL NEVER PART WITH IT"

Solid

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"My Impala has 117.000 miles with only $235 total in repairs. At 65 mph, I can still get +30 mpg. One solid and under rated fine car"

Not Bad

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"It has been a good car,good gas mileage for a big car,better than some of the foriegn 4 cyl."

Great car

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I purchased this car used and I would buy another"

Not too sure now

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Bought my '03 Impala in April 2007 for 8K, absolutely love everything about it, EXCEPT, I just recently started having problems with the passlock system. Darn thing won't start at times. I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to getting in the car, wondering if it's going to start...that's why I rated a 2 for reliability. Googled it and now I get in, put seatbelt on, turn key to on, wait for all the lights on the dash to turn off, then start it, hasn't failed yet, but keeping my fingers crossed because I absolutely LOVE everything about it, especially the look/style of the car...all except the darn passlock system. Bad thing is, that all I read said they've replaced it and sometimes it will continue to do the same thing."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"The Impala is a great car for all purposes, I have had mine for two years and have had only one minor problem with it. Other than that little problem this is the best car i've ever owned! It can be sporty for the younger generation, and it can be a classy vehicle for an older generation. All in all it is just a great dependable car."

Good Ride and Value

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Sound car that has comfort and value. Still gets 22 MPG city and 29 to 31 MPG highway (depending on speed and weather conditions). You get the best MPG on the highway just under 70 MPH (or less then 2000 RPM). Some minor electrical concerns with gas gage, driver's air bag senor dash warning light, and interior temperature control lights as the car has gotten older. But everything considered the 2000 Impala is a reliable car that has style, power, and comfort for the price."

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008