2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,432 - $37,331.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 01/26/2017

8.1

Based on 249 Ratings for the 1996 - 2016 models.

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

m

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "ariginal drive-train, trustworthy,looks almost-new"

Cons: "minor dings/on rocker panel,one paint flak-off"

"this vehicle has been my only personal one and also my bread winner in a long distance (low USA 28 states, light cargo independent owner/ operator delivery van.seldom used in metropolitan or stop and go short mileage trips -since payload was rewarded by miles per run. this was fitted with a dept of trans.sleep area for nights in vehicle, thereby allowing rest in a close to home-type envirn. w/in a quality, insulated room-like peaceful and clean. We become friends because our years spent in close contact.Have reinvested the best in quality care and prudential maintenance."

Regular work horse with regular repairs

By on Monday, June 13, 2016

Pros: "you can accessorize and not feel it is a waste."

Cons: "GPM, light wiring, tire balancing"

"A mechanic gave me a list of things in sequential order that will go wrong with the van. When the tranny goes it is time to get rid of it. Do not let the oil change people put in the wrong antifreeze it will cost you $700 for new seals, The driver seat goes so start looking for a seat. This is a cargo van and either seat will work on either side. Just eliminate the arm rest. Rust occurrs at the bottom of each door. The steering wheel got chewed up so fix every small tear early. GPM is about 16-18. I wanted a larger or a second gas tank for long trips. Rides very well full or empty, fast or slow. I put 4 studded snows and went EVERYWHERE during the previous year with too much snow. Trailer package with trailer having the brakes worked out very well and hauled on occassion shingle trailers with that small 8 cylinder engine. When the van is totally empty, the pedal to the metal occurrs frequently as it really goes. The tranny had an eight year clunk glitch and it finally went. No park, no reverse so it'll cost $1300 and now at 14 years old $1300 is all it is worth via Blue Book. Had a stray current the last few years so it lets you know when you get out of the van. Ignition electronic part on top of engine went a month ago and was a cheap fix. Remember to change the tranny fluid. The water pump was changed out.The rest was normal maintenance. It is a 3/4 ton van and it hauled so many tools it squatted the 80# tires for 6 out of 8 years. Pulled a 1.5 ton trailer without brakes."

Powerful, Reliable Van Good for Work

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great towing power"

Cons: "high fuel prices- gets about 15 hwy miles/gallon"

"This Chevy Van is the longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned. I am a contractor and boater. I needed a vehicle with powerful towing capabilities and the Chevy Express delivered. I have had no major mechanical problems, only general maintenance and normal wear and tear work. I have no complaints. I would purchase this vehicle again. If you're on the fence between two vehicles, you won't regret the investment in this model Chevy."

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"After many years in home remodeling and using many trucks and vans of various vintages, I ordered this 2003 Express 2500 cargo van new and waited 4 weeks for the best van ever ! She is loaded with options , very reliable , no problems and a pleasure to own and drive. The 5300 V8 delivers 19 mpg on the highway loaded with cargo and air conditioning operating-- not bad for a full size van. I tow a trailer effortlessly. The Michelin tires make this van handle like a dream at highway speeds . I now have 123,000 miles on this one and ready to sell to a lucky buyer. I am however a little dissapointed in the resale value. I am selling due to upcoming surgery and being forced into another line of work so my need for a van is greatly decreased. Otherwise I would keep this one forever. My 1998 Astro was a piece of junk and I replaced it with a gem. If you are in the market , take my advise and buy a 2500 not a 1500 , get a V8 , AND BUY A 2003 OR NEWER. There were many mechanical advances introduced with the 2003 model year which you will benefit from in terms of servicing or should I say not servicing because nothing breaks down or wears out now including brakes. At 123,000 miles I still have the ORIGINAL brakes with 30% wear left ! I replaced brakes on that lousy Astro every year ! Great vehicle and I hate to see it go !!"