2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 248 Ratings for the 1996 - 2017 models.

Good reliable versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Runs great very versatile"

Cons: "A few annoying problems"

"Runs great, plenty of power.Versatile for passengers, camping and hauling. AC has gone out twice. Plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced. Cd player has broke twice. Gas gauge and dash lights don't work. Wish it had a grab bar for passengers."

great for our Family

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"We purchaased the van in 2001 with about 8500 miles on it from a local dealer for our new family of five kids aged 7-13. The dealer fixed a faulty fuse in the first week, but other than that it has run flawlessly. It's had regulary service and oil changes (including brakes and tires) and we've never had a single mechanical failure. No engine, tranny, drive train or electrical problems, The A/C and heating have all run well with no failures. It can take a few minutes to heat up in the winter. The interior has gotten dirty (five kids) but all fabrics have held up very well and no tears or worn spots in the carpet. Having both the front and rear air controls has been important as the front cools off but the back can be stuffy. We've hauled teams and their gear, moved households, etc. with no problems. In town gas mileage has consistently been 10mpg with 12 on the highway."

A work horse

By on Thursday, September 3, 2009

"I still have my 2000 3500 cargo, with only 70,000 miles. I bought it new in 2001 as a leftover. It was invoice minus $2000 from chevy (to get it off the lot) and another $2700 off from using my GM card. I liked it so much that I kept it after closing up my business. It is excellent to tow with and I've come close to it's maximum 10,000lbs limit. It loves to tow and it seems the heavier the load the better it drives! The locking rear has got me out of quite a few slippery places. The only thing that I really hate is the anti lock brakes. Some day I'll remember to see how it stops if I pull the anti lock fuse. Note that I hate anti lock brakes in general, not just on this vehicle."

not so bad

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"these are all subject to the same issues as the gm trucks ie intake gaskets fuel pumps leaky coolant lines and ac (rear units) and most costly TRANSMISSIONS and they will eat one every 100k or less and the intake will go at @ 80k or so miles if you can deal with the above issues they are workhorses you can count on and alot more van for the buck than its comp fords dodge ect"

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals