2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 249 Ratings for the 1996 - 2017 models.

good friend

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"We bought this van used with 14k miles. We retrofitted it to haul dirtbikes and gear to the pro motocross races around the country. I built a middle section sleeper area. This van has been a good and reliable vehicle. We put an additional 73k miles on it and the only maintenance, other than tires, was the front wheel bearing assemblies, on both sides, had to be replaced. They were bone dry of grease. Not a hard job to do. I would much rather have a type with zerk fittings so this would not occur. Very solid van with okay mileage for its size, about 16mpg, loaded, at 70 mph. The big brakes are great! Front and rear discs will stop you QUICK! Comfortable seats help a lot on the long drives."

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

Great Truck, not bad on gas

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable and reliable"

Cons: "not great on mud or ice"

"This is a great truck. Had mine since 2005 (it is a 2002)and it had 30000 miles on it when I bought it. The inside is more comfortable than you would think but it is not the most manueverable in smaller spaces. It is great on gas gets 15 to 17 miles to the gallon but the tank is huge so when you do fill up all the way it will take a dent out of your wallet. I am a DJ and I haul light to heavy loads of lighting and sound equipment and this truck is used 5 days a week so it gets used hard. Jobs can sometimes be out of state and I can't tell you how much of an improvement this is from our last couple vans we had. I do not have to worry about it breaking down which is a big load of my mind. Don't get me wrong you still have the normal stuff just not the major stuff. It is not the greatest truck on wet grass or mud or ice or snow but as long as you have good tires and don't let them get bold you will do fine."

Excellent

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"This is my second 15 passenger G3500 Express van. I'm in the market for my third, because they have been so reliable and handle so well as compared to the equivalent Ford vans I'd used previously. With over sixty thousand miles on this one I've had no malfunctions and only routine maintenance expenses. Winter starting is completely reliable, even in the cold weather of Alaska. No regrets!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals