2007 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 249 Ratings for the 1996 - 2017 models.

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

Regular work horse with regular repairs

By on Monday, June 13, 2016

Pros: "you can accessorize and not feel it is a waste."

Cons: "GPM, light wiring, tire balancing"

"A mechanic gave me a list of things in sequential order that will go wrong with the van. When the tranny goes it is time to get rid of it. Do not let the oil change people put in the wrong antifreeze it will cost you $700 for new seals, The driver seat goes so start looking for a seat. This is a cargo van and either seat will work on either side. Just eliminate the arm rest. Rust occurrs at the bottom of each door. The steering wheel got chewed up so fix every small tear early. GPM is about 16-18. I wanted a larger or a second gas tank for long trips. Rides very well full or empty, fast or slow. I put 4 studded snows and went EVERYWHERE during the previous year with too much snow. Trailer package with trailer having the brakes worked out very well and hauled on occassion shingle trailers with that small 8 cylinder engine. When the van is totally empty, the pedal to the metal occurrs frequently as it really goes. The tranny had an eight year clunk glitch and it finally went. No park, no reverse so it'll cost $1300 and now at 14 years old $1300 is all it is worth via Blue Book. Had a stray current the last few years so it lets you know when you get out of the van. Ignition electronic part on top of engine went a month ago and was a cheap fix. Remember to change the tranny fluid. The water pump was changed out.The rest was normal maintenance. It is a 3/4 ton van and it hauled so many tools it squatted the 80# tires for 6 out of 8 years. Pulled a 1.5 ton trailer without brakes."

overall great dependability

By on Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Pros: "Durability, cost of ownership, dependability"

Cons: "outside mirrors, doors"

"I have owned over 20 of these vehicles and would recommend it over any other full size van. Great durability and power. Not the best for large people (I am 6 foot 4 inches tall) but the best I have found of the full size vans. The worst features are the outside mirrors and the cargo doors, be ready to replace the plastic clips that hold the latch actuator rods. Overall, everyone of these vans I have owned has passed 250,000 miles. Of all the vans I have owned, I have only replaced two batteries, one water pump, 1 transmission and multiple door clips."

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals