2006 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 249 Ratings for the 1996 - 2017 models.

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

Great Truck, not bad on gas

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable and reliable"

Cons: "not great on mud or ice"

"This is a great truck. Had mine since 2005 (it is a 2002)and it had 30000 miles on it when I bought it. The inside is more comfortable than you would think but it is not the most manueverable in smaller spaces. It is great on gas gets 15 to 17 miles to the gallon but the tank is huge so when you do fill up all the way it will take a dent out of your wallet. I am a DJ and I haul light to heavy loads of lighting and sound equipment and this truck is used 5 days a week so it gets used hard. Jobs can sometimes be out of state and I can't tell you how much of an improvement this is from our last couple vans we had. I do not have to worry about it breaking down which is a big load of my mind. Don't get me wrong you still have the normal stuff just not the major stuff. It is not the greatest truck on wet grass or mud or ice or snow but as long as you have good tires and don't let them get bold you will do fine."

Excellent

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"This is my second 15 passenger G3500 Express van. I'm in the market for my third, because they have been so reliable and handle so well as compared to the equivalent Ford vans I'd used previously. With over sixty thousand miles on this one I've had no malfunctions and only routine maintenance expenses. Winter starting is completely reliable, even in the cold weather of Alaska. No regrets!"

who could ask for more

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "effortless power"

Cons: "rear whines high mileage"

"as a service tech we need our trucks to work for us without compromise this van has delivered all that i could hope for in a vehical...2001 2500 express rules!"

I love this van! It does everything I want!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, easy to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "low fuel efficiency but fits 15 people!"

"I have owned two of these (2003) and (2008). My current 08 has 168000 miles and the only mechanical issue was at 165000 miles with a water pump. Mileage is low at 13.5 mpg but that was expected. We take this vehicle on family vacations every summer and put on about 30,000 miles per year. Great vehicle!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals