2017 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

725 transactions
in the last 90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/7.0

7.8

Based on 533 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Love this SUV

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "Roomy front and back seats, cool design, V6 AWD"

Cons: "Blind Spot & short on cargo space"

"I own the 2011 and have over 66 thousand miles and it runs great. I have the AWD V6 and I LOVE IT! Could use a little more cargo space, but I love the way it looks and rides and so do my passengers. You will get used to the blind spot. When I need to replace, I will be looking at the newer Equinox models, as I just love this sporty SUV."

This vehicle in the AWD set up is excellent

By on Monday, December 5, 2016

Pros: "Sure footed on wet pavement and highway speed"

Cons: "Slightly under powered (4-cyl) for WV hills"

"Overall excellent; no defects and handles super in the AWD configuration; would prefer the 6 cyl for our WV hills"

my mistake

By on Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pros: "Leg room and head room"

Cons: "see review"

"Bought this vehicle for camping and outdoor use. Front seat doesnt even fold 1/2 down!! Large gap in back. Never seen this in a car so large. I never thought to check this as the car is so big inside and out. So now I am the very,very, very, very, very sorry owner of a vehicle I will be trading immediately at I am sure a huge loss :((((((( I did tell the dealer I worked with the purpose of buying the car and the purpose of a larger vehicle. Also sad he didnt say something about this downfall. ohhhhhhhhh boy....................."

Stay Away!!!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pros: "Looks, interior and comfort"

Cons: "Mechanics, not reliable"

"I along with many others have had the worst experience with my 2010 Chevy Equinox. I purchased the car new, with an extended warranty that covered everything and anything that went wrong with the car, and I am glad I did. Within the first 60,000 miles the car has been in the shop with major repairs 4 times. During the 60,000 miles I have had 3, yes 3 timing chains put into the car, a new transfer case, and new piston rings, along with a problem with the steering, and other minor issues. Now, the car has just 76,000 miles on it, and it needs a new transmission. I have kept up on all maintenance for this car, kept it in great condition, and it has fallen apart around me. I really wanted to love this car, the interior is setup great for me, I love the way it looks and feels, but the car is just full of junk parts that will break. Very disappointed in my purchase the quality of vehicle released by Chevy. Don’t believe all the commercials from Chevy on how reliable they are, they may be reliable for a year, but then they fall apart piece by piece."

Great Car! travel 180 miles a day RT to work

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Reliable and extremely safe!!!"

Cons: "Built shelf in cargo to fit 2 sets of clubs across"

"I own 2014 Base model with all wheel drive and 180 HP 4 Cyl. Routinely get 29-30mpg on highway at 70mph, best was 32mpg. Drives great and very comfortable. Great in the snow with AWD. Talk about safe!! My son and I travel to work together, the freeway quickly stopped one morning, we stopped but a car hit us from behind doing 60. On-Star came on immeadeatly questioning our condition and first responders were already called. We had aches and pains but drove the car away!! Drove home that day and back to work the next. The repair on the car was over $14,000. We believe the car saved our lives. Equinox!! Great Car!!"