2012 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 530 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Mixed

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Handles great"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I've never had a car that handles as well. However, it has so many blind spots that I am afraid to drive it. Why did they black-out so much of the last window on each side? The side mirrors are positioned so to make another blind spot. The front seat head rests are so wide when you look to the right there is about a 12 inch blind spot. When you have a passenger in the front seat it is even worse. When I can find a drive-thru parking spot I don't have problems but we mostly have diagional parking so I take my life in my hands when I have to pull out, especially if I'm parked next to a van or a truck with a long bed."

The 4 cylinder engine problematic

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Great exterior look, good feel inside"

Cons: "not reliable, poor customer service"

"I bought the 2.4L 2010 Equinox in AWD brand new in 2010. It drove fine for the first 30,000 miles. After that my car began to leak fuel into my oil. My local dealer replaced my fuel pump. The problem persisted. I found out about a recall on my engine, fuel-pump and other various parts. My engine has since been rebuilt, the fuel pump replaced again, and my stablitrack repaired, but the engine noise and oil burning have not stopped. From what I have heard from others with this exact vehicle it is an ongoing issue and chevrolet customer service has not been very helpful in my experience. I am sorry to say I would not reccommend this vehicle if you get the 4 cylinder engine. It is a shame since the overall look of the vehicle is great and I was very impressed with the interior. It is very spacious. The fold down seats were also a big selling point for me as was the OnStar service."

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"

disappointment

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cyl 2wd. 1. The fold flat front seat is no longer available making the load length considerably shorter. I feel this was a dumb move for a utility vehicle. 2. I have been driving with a light foot and I have only managed 23.7 mpg. I am in eco mode and 80% of my driving is on a 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. I hope this improves after I have a few thousand miles on the engine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals