2012 Chevrolet Equinox

7.7

Based on 536 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

great vehicle but could use some more items

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Cons: "No A/c in back, rear seat does not fold down flat"

"Needs to have A/C in the back seat area. Passenger seat should have the same features as the driver. Rear window post in the way when backing up. Back up signal system not quick enough. Rear seats do not fold down flat so items placed behind the drivers seat slid to the rear."

Best Car ever and so comfortable!!!

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "I have RA and this car is easy in and out.."

Cons: "It's not 4X4..."

"Best car ever...this crossover is so equipped, you could drive around the world as my sister in law said after going on a road trip...The only reason I am trading it in because I want a 4X4 vehicle...I will cry when this car is gone...Equinex LT"

Good Vehicle, but with Pitfalls

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good value when bought, but the value drops fast!"

Cons: "MPG not accurate, rear door not sealed well."

"My Equinox is a great vehicle driving wise, and the features are nice. Leg room is great too! The pitfall's are: MPG is not accurate! It's listed at 22 city and 32 highway. The best highway mileage I've gotten is 28 mpg, without the AC on, and on pretty level freeway travel. The city mileage is closer to accurate, unless using the AC, same with highway which is to be expected. Another problem, the rear end door seals DO NOT keep dust out worth a darn! Dust and dirt accumulate bigtime along the areas where the weather-stripping is. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected but the handling is excellent. Blind spots are a problem too."

The Chevrolet Equinox is an excellent vehicle.

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Stylist, fun to drive, safe and reliable"

"We currently own a 2013 Equinox LTZ. Its loaded and has everything you need in a vehicle. I have the 4 cyc engine and I get 33.0 MPG on the Highway. When vehicle is loaded down for our vacation trips to Florida, we still get about 29.7 MPH. This is our second Chevrolet Equinox. Our first one was a 2012 basic 1Lt model. It was a great vehicle also, but leather power/heated seats are a must in cold climate. In my opinion the LTZ package is the way to go. If you plan on towing any pay loads, buy the V-6, because the 4-Cyc does not have a lot of towing power. Other than that excellent vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals