2012 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 518 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Love this SUV

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "Roomy front and back seats, cool design, V6 AWD"

Cons: "Blind Spot & short on cargo space"

"I own the 2011 and have over 66 thousand miles and it runs great. I have the AWD V6 and I LOVE IT! Could use a little more cargo space, but I love the way it looks and rides and so do my passengers. You will get used to the blind spot. When I need to replace, I will be looking at the newer Equinox models, as I just love this sporty SUV."

This vehicle in the AWD set up is excellent

By on Monday, December 5, 2016

Pros: "Sure footed on wet pavement and highway speed"

Cons: "Slightly under powered (4-cyl) for WV hills"

"Overall excellent; no defects and handles super in the AWD configuration; would prefer the 6 cyl for our WV hills"

Dont buy this car with 4 cyl!!!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pros: "Good Sound System, Comfortable Seats"

Cons: "Low Power."

"Too heavy a vehicle for a 4 cylinder. No power, fair gas mileage (approx 20 MPG). I drove 115000 miles (meticulous maintenance) when it lost compression - new engine required. The car always struggled to maintain speed. This was my company car and I drove it for 4 years. not a bad car but so under-powered that I cannot recommend, at least the 2.4 Liter 4 cylinder."

Stay Away!!!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pros: "Looks, interior and comfort"

Cons: "Mechanics, not reliable"

"I along with many others have had the worst experience with my 2010 Chevy Equinox. I purchased the car new, with an extended warranty that covered everything and anything that went wrong with the car, and I am glad I did. Within the first 60,000 miles the car has been in the shop with major repairs 4 times. During the 60,000 miles I have had 3, yes 3 timing chains put into the car, a new transfer case, and new piston rings, along with a problem with the steering, and other minor issues. Now, the car has just 76,000 miles on it, and it needs a new transmission. I have kept up on all maintenance for this car, kept it in great condition, and it has fallen apart around me. I really wanted to love this car, the interior is setup great for me, I love the way it looks and feels, but the car is just full of junk parts that will break. Very disappointed in my purchase the quality of vehicle released by Chevy. Don’t believe all the commercials from Chevy on how reliable they are, they may be reliable for a year, but then they fall apart piece by piece."

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

Great Car! travel 180 miles a day RT to work

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Reliable and extremely safe!!!"

Cons: "Built shelf in cargo to fit 2 sets of clubs across"

"I own 2014 Base model with all wheel drive and 180 HP 4 Cyl. Routinely get 29-30mpg on highway at 70mph, best was 32mpg. Drives great and very comfortable. Great in the snow with AWD. Talk about safe!! My son and I travel to work together, the freeway quickly stopped one morning, we stopped but a car hit us from behind doing 60. On-Star came on immeadeatly questioning our condition and first responders were already called. We had aches and pains but drove the car away!! Drove home that day and back to work the next. The repair on the car was over $14,000. We believe the car saved our lives. Equinox!! Great Car!!"

Best Car ever and so comfortable!!!

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "I have RA and this car is easy in and out.."

Cons: "It's not 4X4..."

"Best car ever...this crossover is so equipped, you could drive around the world as my sister in law said after going on a road trip...The only reason I am trading it in because I want a 4X4 vehicle...I will cry when this car is gone...Equinex LT"

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

The 4 cylinder engine problematic

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Great exterior look, good feel inside"

Cons: "not reliable, poor customer service"

"I bought the 2.4L 2010 Equinox in AWD brand new in 2010. It drove fine for the first 30,000 miles. After that my car began to leak fuel into my oil. My local dealer replaced my fuel pump. The problem persisted. I found out about a recall on my engine, fuel-pump and other various parts. My engine has since been rebuilt, the fuel pump replaced again, and my stablitrack repaired, but the engine noise and oil burning have not stopped. From what I have heard from others with this exact vehicle it is an ongoing issue and chevrolet customer service has not been very helpful in my experience. I am sorry to say I would not reccommend this vehicle if you get the 4 cylinder engine. It is a shame since the overall look of the vehicle is great and I was very impressed with the interior. It is very spacious. The fold down seats were also a big selling point for me as was the OnStar service."

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"

The Chevrolet Equinox is an excellent vehicle.

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Stylist, fun to drive, safe and reliable"

"We currently own a 2013 Equinox LTZ. Its loaded and has everything you need in a vehicle. I have the 4 cyc engine and I get 33.0 MPG on the Highway. When vehicle is loaded down for our vacation trips to Florida, we still get about 29.7 MPH. This is our second Chevrolet Equinox. Our first one was a 2012 basic 1Lt model. It was a great vehicle also, but leather power/heated seats are a must in cold climate. In my opinion the LTZ package is the way to go. If you plan on towing any pay loads, buy the V-6, because the 4-Cyc does not have a lot of towing power. Other than that excellent vehicle."

Good Vehicle, but with Pitfalls

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good value when bought, but the value drops fast!"

Cons: "MPG not accurate, rear door not sealed well."

"My Equinox is a great vehicle driving wise, and the features are nice. Leg room is great too! The pitfall's are: MPG is not accurate! It's listed at 22 city and 32 highway. The best highway mileage I've gotten is 28 mpg, without the AC on, and on pretty level freeway travel. The city mileage is closer to accurate, unless using the AC, same with highway which is to be expected. Another problem, the rear end door seals DO NOT keep dust out worth a darn! Dust and dirt accumulate bigtime along the areas where the weather-stripping is. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected but the handling is excellent. Blind spots are a problem too."

Nice driving car with electric assist power steeri

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "Good handling, gas milage, reliability and looks"

Cons: "Not the most comfortable front seats"

"I like the way the car handles around town and it also does well on the road. I found I could plug my MP3 player into the USB connection in the storage box between the seats and play everything. The car got 32 mpg on a trip to the beach fully loaded with 4 people. The only thing I don't like about the car is the bucket seats. The edge of the seat digs into the back of my legs on a long trip. The seats just don't compare in comfort to my 2013 Impala LT."

great vehicle but could use some more items

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Cons: "No A/c in back, rear seat does not fold down flat"

"Needs to have A/C in the back seat area. Passenger seat should have the same features as the driver. Rear window post in the way when backing up. Back up signal system not quick enough. Rear seats do not fold down flat so items placed behind the drivers seat slid to the rear."

great vehicle

By on Monday, May 4, 2015

Pros: "great manuverabilty"

Cons: "none that i can think of"

"luv this vehicle have had no problems ever in over three years of driving it. Has the power for driving on highways. Have taken long driving trips and feel confident with the way it handles and with some bad driving conditions.. rain and etc."

disappointment

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cyl 2wd. 1. The fold flat front seat is no longer available making the load length considerably shorter. I feel this was a dumb move for a utility vehicle. 2. I have been driving with a light foot and I have only managed 23.7 mpg. I am in eco mode and 80% of my driving is on a 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. I hope this improves after I have a few thousand miles on the engine."

dont go with the 4cyl

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"i recently bought this vehicle because i had bad luck with a ford escape 4cyl. because of recent gas prices i decided to stay with another 4cyl what a mistake underpowerd shifts weird with the 6 speed tranny and there was a recall already and my car has ruff start ups also the light in the center counsole is very annoying to passengers in the front seat at night it will practically blind you other then that the suv isnt too bad but if i was to go back i woulda bought the 6cyl."

Bad tranny

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"Transmission out at 5k miles... MPG was avereage 27 prior to repair 7k miles back n shop transmission acting up now MPG average 20"

Very good vehicle and very easy to drive.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cons: "Chrome handle on compartment on dash."

"One of the best vehicles I have owned in years, very good on gas, very comfortable and easy to drive with great gas milage."

Happy with my purchase!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, love the radio & MyLink system"

Cons: "Vibrating mirror, MPG not the best"

"I bought this car after I was in a wreck in an extremely tiny vehicle and very badly injured. Talk about compensation, right? I feel so much safer in a vehicle that was larger so that was my starting point. From there, I knew my parents were big Chevrolet people, so it didn't take long after that to test drive and fall in love with this car! I have owned my car for five months now and already have a pretty high number of miles on it. I opted for the model with a decent amount of options on it - heated leather seats (LOVE!), review camera (SO helpful for backing this car into parking spaces or my garage), and the sunroof was an option I didn't originally want but have fallen in love with anyway. I have long commutes to both work and classes from my apartment, so I spend a decent amount of time in my car. I have so much appreciation for my ECO button! Even with the ECO, however, I usually only get 22/28 city/highway at best, which isn't quite to my expectations but it's manageable. The blind spot mirrors are helpful, but I'm still getting use to them. The only two things I cannot stand: the vibrating rearview mirror and the big bars on either side of the windshield. The vibrating mirror is inconvenient and annoying - if the road is too bumpy or the music is too loud, there is a constant vibrating of the rear view mirror. The big structure bars on the sides of the windshield, especially the driver's side, is terrible when driving on bendy roads and even when making a left turn and need to see if there are pedestrians in the road. Last complaint - after updating my iPhone to Apple's new software, my phone will not sync with my car. When I bring it into get an oil change this week, I'm going to have them look at the system, but I'm 99% sure it's an error on Apple's end. All of the little annoyances put together, I still wouldn't trade my car for anything. Haven't driven it in the snow yet, so that will be a deal breaker. We'll see how it goes!"

Mixed

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Handles great"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I've never had a car that handles as well. However, it has so many blind spots that I am afraid to drive it. Why did they black-out so much of the last window on each side? The side mirrors are positioned so to make another blind spot. The front seat head rests are so wide when you look to the right there is about a 12 inch blind spot. When you have a passenger in the front seat it is even worse. When I can find a drive-thru parking spot I don't have problems but we mostly have diagional parking so I take my life in my hands when I have to pull out, especially if I'm parked next to a van or a truck with a long bed."

Equinox- one year report

By on Sunday, December 5, 2010

"I have been completely satisfied with my Equinox. I now have 15 months of driving, approx 23k miles. Runs great, zero problems. I love the interior styling of this vehicle. I have the LT1 level, I now wish I had upgraded to the LT2 or LTZ level (I am really a cheapskate when buying a car). I use in business (real estate), with lots of peeps in the car. Most of the time I use as mini office, lunch room, etc, so interior comfort is really important for me. Clean up of interior has been great, I forget name of cleaner I use, but I hit the interior with spray bottle and cloth every couple of months... looks like new again. I have a choice of vehicle to drive every day, I pick the Equinox over my 2005 Mercedes C230 every day. Let my kid drive the other one, I prefer the great gas milage, height on road to see over other cars, and the R O O M inside. Recommend you place the Equinox on your buy list."

Chevy Equinox

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I bought the LT1, Black last month after test driving RAV4 and CRV and honestly I liked Equinox on all aspects. Great interiors, good mileage and great driving comfort. This one from GM is a hit. I got 1500 rebates and managed 600 off from MSRP however I was just blown away with the test drive that I wanted the car on the same day and hence didn't push for further discounts. I was and still worried on the Chevy brand as I drive Honda however you just can't leave it after the test drive."

This vehicle is worth every penny.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride. Great fuel economy for its size."

Cons: "Rear seat not quite flat when folded for cargo."

"I purchased 2012 LS model two years ago. I find it roomy and comfortable. I liked it so much that I bought the GMC version (2013 Terrain) for my wife - hers is loaded with all the options. I put 73,000 miles on my Equinox in two years. Tires at 65,000 miles. Oil changes every 7000 and it still runs like the day it was delivered to me. I have found that 28mpg is what I get with no A/C on the highway or city. I get 27mpg with A/C. So you won't get 32mpg on the highway but you get much better than the rated city mpg. I have just ordered the 2014 LS model as my company supplies my vehicle and refreshes every two years. I get to choose from a few vehicles and will gladly own another Equinox. It appears that not much has changed (dimensions look identical) other than addition of a usb port (LS) - but that is "fine by me"."

Not worth the cost

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "price,space,AWD"

Cons: "oil burner, tire fill up hassle, low mpg"

"I have to say I was not satified with this car after having it a few months. It does not get the gas mileage as expected. It burns through oil a lot for being a newer car. I have to constantly check the oil level every 1000 miles! And now having issues with the wheel barrings needing replaced this soon. Oh, not to mention the hassle to just fill the tires with air and the process of steps to do that in order to have the computer sensor be detected correctly. The good things are that the comfort and space inside is nice. The AWD does handle nicely."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals