2012 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

The 4 cylinder engine problematic

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Great exterior look, good feel inside"

Cons: "not reliable, poor customer service"

"I bought the 2.4L 2010 Equinox in AWD brand new in 2010. It drove fine for the first 30,000 miles. After that my car began to leak fuel into my oil. My local dealer replaced my fuel pump. The problem persisted. I found out about a recall on my engine, fuel-pump and other various parts. My engine has since been rebuilt, the fuel pump replaced again, and my stablitrack repaired, but the engine noise and oil burning have not stopped. From what I have heard from others with this exact vehicle it is an ongoing issue and chevrolet customer service has not been very helpful in my experience. I am sorry to say I would not reccommend this vehicle if you get the 4 cylinder engine. It is a shame since the overall look of the vehicle is great and I was very impressed with the interior. It is very spacious. The fold down seats were also a big selling point for me as was the OnStar service."

Fair vechicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "ok valve for the money -"

Cons: "poor ride - poor gas milage. FWD poor on snow."

"Looks are good, seat comfort is fine, no blind spots - but poor ride, gas mileage not even close to sticker - advertised 31 MPG, on a good day I get 24."

Disappointing 2nd purchase

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Very attractive exterior and interior"

Cons: "Very noisy; bad gas mileage"

"Had a 2010 4cl Equinox. Liked it very much (except for the squeaking noise, which was eventually fixed with a new part). Recently bought a 2012 6cl Equinox. Noisy and poor gas mileage. Makes low, loud rumbling noise when it starts up, when it's idling, when it's being driven below 55 MPH. Thought it was the muffler. Had it to dealer; said they couldn't hear anything, but they rotated the tires anyway. Sometimes the noise gives me a headache. Think now that it's just road noise, which means vehicle is not well designed if the sound of your tires invades the car's interior! And don't get me started on the jet engine noise if you happen to roll down the back window. Chevy said it's the car's design. BAD DESIGN!"

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"

disappointment

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cyl 2wd. 1. The fold flat front seat is no longer available making the load length considerably shorter. I feel this was a dumb move for a utility vehicle. 2. I have been driving with a light foot and I have only managed 23.7 mpg. I am in eco mode and 80% of my driving is on a 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. I hope this improves after I have a few thousand miles on the engine."

Good Vehicle, but with Pitfalls

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good value when bought, but the value drops fast!"

Cons: "MPG not accurate, rear door not sealed well."

"My Equinox is a great vehicle driving wise, and the features are nice. Leg room is great too! The pitfall's are: MPG is not accurate! It's listed at 22 city and 32 highway. The best highway mileage I've gotten is 28 mpg, without the AC on, and on pretty level freeway travel. The city mileage is closer to accurate, unless using the AC, same with highway which is to be expected. Another problem, the rear end door seals DO NOT keep dust out worth a darn! Dust and dirt accumulate bigtime along the areas where the weather-stripping is. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected but the handling is excellent. Blind spots are a problem too."

The Chevrolet Equinox is an excellent vehicle.

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Stylist, fun to drive, safe and reliable"

"We currently own a 2013 Equinox LTZ. Its loaded and has everything you need in a vehicle. I have the 4 cyc engine and I get 33.0 MPG on the Highway. When vehicle is loaded down for our vacation trips to Florida, we still get about 29.7 MPH. This is our second Chevrolet Equinox. Our first one was a 2012 basic 1Lt model. It was a great vehicle also, but leather power/heated seats are a must in cold climate. In my opinion the LTZ package is the way to go. If you plan on towing any pay loads, buy the V-6, because the 4-Cyc does not have a lot of towing power. Other than that excellent vehicle."

dont go with the 4cyl

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"i recently bought this vehicle because i had bad luck with a ford escape 4cyl. because of recent gas prices i decided to stay with another 4cyl what a mistake underpowerd shifts weird with the 6 speed tranny and there was a recall already and my car has ruff start ups also the light in the center counsole is very annoying to passengers in the front seat at night it will practically blind you other then that the suv isnt too bad but if i was to go back i woulda bought the 6cyl."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals