2011 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 527 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Love this SUV

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "Roomy front and back seats, cool design, V6 AWD"

Cons: "Blind Spot & short on cargo space"

"I own the 2011 and have over 66 thousand miles and it runs great. I have the AWD V6 and I LOVE IT! Could use a little more cargo space, but I love the way it looks and rides and so do my passengers. You will get used to the blind spot. When I need to replace, I will be looking at the newer Equinox models, as I just love this sporty SUV."

This vehicle in the AWD set up is excellent

By on Monday, December 5, 2016

Pros: "Sure footed on wet pavement and highway speed"

Cons: "Slightly under powered (4-cyl) for WV hills"

"Overall excellent; no defects and handles super in the AWD configuration; would prefer the 6 cyl for our WV hills"

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

Stay Away!!!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pros: "Looks, interior and comfort"

Cons: "Mechanics, not reliable"

"I along with many others have had the worst experience with my 2010 Chevy Equinox. I purchased the car new, with an extended warranty that covered everything and anything that went wrong with the car, and I am glad I did. Within the first 60,000 miles the car has been in the shop with major repairs 4 times. During the 60,000 miles I have had 3, yes 3 timing chains put into the car, a new transfer case, and new piston rings, along with a problem with the steering, and other minor issues. Now, the car has just 76,000 miles on it, and it needs a new transmission. I have kept up on all maintenance for this car, kept it in great condition, and it has fallen apart around me. I really wanted to love this car, the interior is setup great for me, I love the way it looks and feels, but the car is just full of junk parts that will break. Very disappointed in my purchase the quality of vehicle released by Chevy. Don’t believe all the commercials from Chevy on how reliable they are, they may be reliable for a year, but then they fall apart piece by piece."

Great Car! travel 180 miles a day RT to work

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Reliable and extremely safe!!!"

Cons: "Built shelf in cargo to fit 2 sets of clubs across"

"I own 2014 Base model with all wheel drive and 180 HP 4 Cyl. Routinely get 29-30mpg on highway at 70mph, best was 32mpg. Drives great and very comfortable. Great in the snow with AWD. Talk about safe!! My son and I travel to work together, the freeway quickly stopped one morning, we stopped but a car hit us from behind doing 60. On-Star came on immeadeatly questioning our condition and first responders were already called. We had aches and pains but drove the car away!! Drove home that day and back to work the next. The repair on the car was over $14,000. We believe the car saved our lives. Equinox!! Great Car!!"

Best Car ever and so comfortable!!!

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "I have RA and this car is easy in and out.."

Cons: "It's not 4X4..."

"Best car ever...this crossover is so equipped, you could drive around the world as my sister in law said after going on a road trip...The only reason I am trading it in because I want a 4X4 vehicle...I will cry when this car is gone...Equinex LT"

great vehicle but could use some more items

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Cons: "No A/c in back, rear seat does not fold down flat"

"Needs to have A/C in the back seat area. Passenger seat should have the same features as the driver. Rear window post in the way when backing up. Back up signal system not quick enough. Rear seats do not fold down flat so items placed behind the drivers seat slid to the rear."

Nice driving car with electric assist power steeri

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "Good handling, gas milage, reliability and looks"

Cons: "Not the most comfortable front seats"

"I like the way the car handles around town and it also does well on the road. I found I could plug my MP3 player into the USB connection in the storage box between the seats and play everything. The car got 32 mpg on a trip to the beach fully loaded with 4 people. The only thing I don't like about the car is the bucket seats. The edge of the seat digs into the back of my legs on a long trip. The seats just don't compare in comfort to my 2013 Impala LT."

Mixed

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Handles great"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I've never had a car that handles as well. However, it has so many blind spots that I am afraid to drive it. Why did they black-out so much of the last window on each side? The side mirrors are positioned so to make another blind spot. The front seat head rests are so wide when you look to the right there is about a 12 inch blind spot. When you have a passenger in the front seat it is even worse. When I can find a drive-thru parking spot I don't have problems but we mostly have diagional parking so I take my life in my hands when I have to pull out, especially if I'm parked next to a van or a truck with a long bed."

The 4 cylinder engine problematic

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Great exterior look, good feel inside"

Cons: "not reliable, poor customer service"

"I bought the 2.4L 2010 Equinox in AWD brand new in 2010. It drove fine for the first 30,000 miles. After that my car began to leak fuel into my oil. My local dealer replaced my fuel pump. The problem persisted. I found out about a recall on my engine, fuel-pump and other various parts. My engine has since been rebuilt, the fuel pump replaced again, and my stablitrack repaired, but the engine noise and oil burning have not stopped. From what I have heard from others with this exact vehicle it is an ongoing issue and chevrolet customer service has not been very helpful in my experience. I am sorry to say I would not reccommend this vehicle if you get the 4 cylinder engine. It is a shame since the overall look of the vehicle is great and I was very impressed with the interior. It is very spacious. The fold down seats were also a big selling point for me as was the OnStar service."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals