2011 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 485 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

great suv for bad backs easy entry and exit

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "great all around"

Cons: "little more power"

"first suv will buy another good mileage great looks good storage"

Needs more umph

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "cargo room"

Cons: "MPG, not enough power, at the repair shop alot."

"I take turns car pooling with co workers and with 4 adults and a few tools weighing around 150 lbs in the back the engine is really strained and underpowered and rarely gets over 22 hyway mpg. If I travel alone with nothing in the back I get 24-25 driving 65... I am very disapointed since I bought this brand with the 4cylinder becouse of the stated mpg, the v6 was alot more upfront cost and the dealer said the mpg was only in the low 20's hyway mpg with the v6 and the 4 was the better engine. It has spent alot of time at the dealer for electrical issues and left me and my co workers sitting along side the road twice. My 3 co workers that I pool with all have different brands and similar sized crossover's as mine and all perform much better and get the same mpg loaded with 4 adults and tools as mine gets with just me in it. I will be getting a different crossover very soon."

GM Bought it back w/1k offset!

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun Tech, Comfy ride, OnStar"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Engine & misc electrical Problems."

"Got the 2LT w/all the bells & whistles including the Navi, the car has been in the shop 8 times for warranty repairs. Usually it's the Navi that keeps trying to send me to Canada or it's just frozen which requires me to pull over, turn off the car & open the door to reset the system... Fun on a highway lol. Other times it's been the power liftgate intermittently working, the rear window making this horrible popping noise, the engine making some weird start up growl or the AC making the car sound like it's gonna explode. So yea, not impressed after turning in a honda CRV for this nightmare 32K later & it's going back to GM this week. I've learned a lot about cars in the last few year, I went American to help the economy & because the car had more options than the toyota & honda but this time around I'll stick with the long standing reliability and resale value of the Rav4 or the CRV even if I have to give up onstar or a power liftgate :("

GM has poor customer service

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

"This is a nice little family car but dosent get real world milage anywhere close to what is advertised... But my real problem is how GM is handling the well know engine problem the equinox has been haveing, just do a search on equinox engine problems to see what I'm talking about, I wish I would have done that before buying. My dealer was great at trying to help me get a new engine but GM didnt budge till the engine failed completly. The dealer had documented oil consumption and loud abnormal engine noise too many times to count and GM kept saying thats normal for a 4 cylinder. I think they were hoping the warranty would run out before the engine did... It seems they could care less about the customer after the car is sold."

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals