2009 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 817 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10

worst vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"From the day I purchased, the a/c has smelled. Dealer has told me I will have to live with it several times. Leather seat pops apart at the seams. Visor mirror covers are broken. Bulbs always burning out. This is a good vehicle if you want a poor mans suv but in the long run it will cost you a fortune. Did I mention the transmission has made a funny sound since purchased but they cant duplicate it. Car is now out of warranty-I am sure they will find the problem!"

great value

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I've had my equinox for about 6 months now. I bought it used, and have had one minor problem which was a recall and the dealer fixed before I bought it. Everyone that is complaning about fixing tires, etc. News.. every car has problems from time to time. Tires are going to need to be replaced after 2 or so years. Don't complain about it just fix it! I put brand new tires on mine right after I bought it.. true it cost me $500 but it was worth it knowing that I can get in the car and take off anytime without having to worry about them! If your not getting good gas mileage then there is a problem (air filter, fuel pump) and you need to get it looked at.. It should get around the same that the manual says.. I get around 24 all the time. I think its a great car for the money, right after I bought mine, my parents bought one as well!"

Nice SUV

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I have had no trouble with my Equinox. But I do think people should know before buying one that they have Electronic Starters and there is some problems with the that. Sometimes when I go to start mine it will continue to turn over and sometimes start and sometimes not, if not, it can knock out your power steering when you do restart. I had this happen and the dealer told me this was normal...I don't think it is normal, should it be normal. I have had mine in 3 times and they say its normal. I think GM needs to do something about this. Other than that I like my Equinox."

I've loved this car ever since I bought it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling--love it."

Cons: "Blind spots."

"I have recommended this car to a lot of people. The only thing I had a problem with is that I am short and need two cushions to be able to see out the window. The seat does not adjust high enough. Also there are 2 blind spots for me. I have to be very careful backing up and making turns--(both left and right). Other than that, I love the car and am thinking of getting a new one."

Not thrilled with this...

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Good leg room in back seat"

Cons: "Cheap plastic pieces, not a good value"

"We bought this new and it now has 110,000 miles on it. I would not purchase this vehicle again. It stinks to drive in the rain and snow and that is with its traction control feature. There are so many little pieces of things that have broken; seat handle, glove box handle, we have been through 4 headlamps! This car has depreiciated very quickly and hasn't been a good value. I average 21 to 22 mpg with both city and highway miles daily. It does have nice leg room in the back seat compared to others in its class, but overall a disappointing purchase."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals