2009 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 816 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10

Better than I expected!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"When I bought the Equinox, I was in the market for a full size car. I just got it because of the price and the head room. It has ended up being the best car!! My favorite feature is being able to slide the rear seat forward and back. Its perfect for kids, and even comfortable for adults in the back seat. There is more leg room in my back seat than my friend's Tahoe. The gas mileage is good, I can park it anywhere, and there's tons of room for all of mine and my kids' junk!"

good family car

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"My wife drives it most of the time. The main reason we bought it was the back seat roominess, great for getting kids out of car seats. Side air curtains. Decent mileage and pep. There are many blind spots and the turning radius is awful! The AWD in this vehicle leaves much to be deisred. My Audu A4 AWD will do circles in snow around the Equinox. The AWD is overated and not a value for this car. My wife enjoys the vehicle and it has been very reliable overall."

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have had my 08 Equinox for 4 months. I did have a Saturn Ion, but needed something bigger for my son and myself and out of all of the SUVs and midsize cars I looked at, this had the most room in the back seat so my son could sit back there and have plenty of leg room, all the others his knees would hit the back of the front seat with it all the way back. Gas mileage I can not complain, yes we all want more, but I took mine to Tennessee and averaged 27 mpg only about 6-7 miles less then my Ion (which was plastic, 4 cyl, and front wheel drive as where the equinox is metal, 6 cyl, and AWD). So far I love this vehicle."

Great ride, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Overall design, can handle larger size people."

Cons: "Changing head-lamp is a pain."

"Being a taller person finding a ride with good head-room is hard to do. This vehicle has it all, lots of great features, very reliable, milage isn't great - but what can you do. Handles great in winter and can haul just about anything. This vehicle is very comfortable, combination bus, truck & SUV. Nicest feature about this is it's slim. You can fit into any normal parking spot very easily."

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle used in August of 2007 with 33k miles. It is an LT AWD with all available optional equipment. The feature-per-dollar ratio and exterior styling was the initial attraction to the vehicle. The interior is comfortable, but the vast array of plastic surfaces render a rather down market feel. The ride is very car-like, but handling is typical SUV sloppy. There have been no problems to date with this vehicle in over a year aside from routine oil changes and tire replacements. I would recommend this as a used vehicle to someone wanting a low-cost, low-maintenance SUV; however, avoid any negative equity into the final sale price as residual values of this vehicle are terrible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals