2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10

Nice Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I have had my 05 Equinox for about 7 months. I think it is very nice, dependable....very roomy inside. Some of the moldings (inside and out) are loose, which is a concern. Not the highest quality as far as the body and trim go. But, for the money, not a bad vehicle at all. Rides very nice. I drive it quite a bit on the turnpike, and it goes well on long trips. Would be interested to see if the newer models have better quality trim/body"

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle used in August of 2007 with 33k miles. It is an LT AWD with all available optional equipment. The feature-per-dollar ratio and exterior styling was the initial attraction to the vehicle. The interior is comfortable, but the vast array of plastic surfaces render a rather down market feel. The ride is very car-like, but handling is typical SUV sloppy. There have been no problems to date with this vehicle in over a year aside from routine oil changes and tire replacements. I would recommend this as a used vehicle to someone wanting a low-cost, low-maintenance SUV; however, avoid any negative equity into the final sale price as residual values of this vehicle are terrible."

needs improving

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I was attracted to this vehicle because it was a small SUV and better on gas than the larger ones. Overall I like the car but, have some complaints... 1. Terrible blind spots from the front windshield left and right. The frame a of the window can easily block the view of a motorcyle and even oncoming cars. 2. Car does not always crank on first try. 3. Paint on interior door handles, knobs on radio, power window controls is chipping off."

Nice SUV

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I have had no trouble with my Equinox. But I do think people should know before buying one that they have Electronic Starters and there is some problems with the that. Sometimes when I go to start mine it will continue to turn over and sometimes start and sometimes not, if not, it can knock out your power steering when you do restart. I had this happen and the dealer told me this was normal...I don't think it is normal, should it be normal. I have had mine in 3 times and they say its normal. I think GM needs to do something about this. Other than that I like my Equinox."

I've loved this car ever since I bought it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling--love it."

Cons: "Blind spots."

"I have recommended this car to a lot of people. The only thing I had a problem with is that I am short and need two cushions to be able to see out the window. The seat does not adjust high enough. Also there are 2 blind spots for me. I have to be very careful backing up and making turns--(both left and right). Other than that, I love the car and am thinking of getting a new one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals