2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle used in August of 2007 with 33k miles. It is an LT AWD with all available optional equipment. The feature-per-dollar ratio and exterior styling was the initial attraction to the vehicle. The interior is comfortable, but the vast array of plastic surfaces render a rather down market feel. The ride is very car-like, but handling is typical SUV sloppy. There have been no problems to date with this vehicle in over a year aside from routine oil changes and tire replacements. I would recommend this as a used vehicle to someone wanting a low-cost, low-maintenance SUV; however, avoid any negative equity into the final sale price as residual values of this vehicle are terrible."

Back in the shop

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"My transmission - the electrical components have all been replaced and the sensors are still faulty. I have enjoyed this vehicle tremendously for the 4 years I've owned it. However, just this year it's been in the shop 6 times. I'm hoping if you are looking for a new Equinox the quality has improved. Unfortunately I had a similar experience with my prior GM vehicle - 3 years of excellent performance and then around 60K it went downhill. The service department has been helpful, but not been able to determine the problem in order to fix it. Make sure to shop the service department before you buy anything as well. Hope this note helps in your search."

Great mid size cross over

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Bought our 2005 Equinox in June of 2004. We have 50000 miles and have never had it in the shop yet. Gets great gas mileage. My wife loves it because it is easy to park anywhere. Plenty of room in the back seat since it adjusted. We got the all wheel drive and handles great in the snow."

Nice Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I have had my 05 Equinox for about 7 months. I think it is very nice, dependable....very roomy inside. Some of the moldings (inside and out) are loose, which is a concern. Not the highest quality as far as the body and trim go. But, for the money, not a bad vehicle at all. Rides very nice. I drive it quite a bit on the turnpike, and it goes well on long trips. Would be interested to see if the newer models have better quality trim/body"

needs improving

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I was attracted to this vehicle because it was a small SUV and better on gas than the larger ones. Overall I like the car but, have some complaints... 1. Terrible blind spots from the front windshield left and right. The frame a of the window can easily block the view of a motorcyle and even oncoming cars. 2. Car does not always crank on first try. 3. Paint on interior door handles, knobs on radio, power window controls is chipping off."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals