2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10

Much Better Than Expected

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"As a loyal GM owner, I chose the '08 Equinox 2LT AWD to replace the S10 extended cab I had been driving for 6+ years. I was looking for something more versatile, yet also more fuel efficient. I do not do much local driving but frequently drive across New York state or south to Ohio and wanted something comfortable for both my fiancee and I, as well something that would handle well in the upstate NY winter weather. We also wanted a vehicle that could hold another couple that we wanted to bring along. I have owned this vehicle for almost 11 months, putting on 9,900 miles and LOVE IT! In the good weather, I have gotten 27mpg hwy/ 20.5 city. It is outstanding to take roadtrips in... especially with the heated leather seats. The back seat has plenty of room for 3 people and seats 2 full-size adults comfortably. Since winter began, mileage has obviously dropped, but the AWD is as good or better than 4WD in my opinion. During our first snowstorm of the year in Buffalo I was afraid of being stuck when we tried to drive downtown to the Sabres game in a fresh foot of unplowed snow. The Equinox didn't slip once and I was able to keep on driving past stuck 2WD cars. The only downside to the AWD is that the car gets only 14-15mpg in long periods of heavy snow- since the computer senses when to use the AWD. Otherwise- I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone- VERY underrated!"

Great ride, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Overall design, can handle larger size people."

Cons: "Changing head-lamp is a pain."

"Being a taller person finding a ride with good head-room is hard to do. This vehicle has it all, lots of great features, very reliable, milage isn't great - but what can you do. Handles great in winter and can haul just about anything. This vehicle is very comfortable, combination bus, truck & SUV. Nicest feature about this is it's slim. You can fit into any normal parking spot very easily."

Better than I expected!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"When I bought the Equinox, I was in the market for a full size car. I just got it because of the price and the head room. It has ended up being the best car!! My favorite feature is being able to slide the rear seat forward and back. Its perfect for kids, and even comfortable for adults in the back seat. There is more leg room in my back seat than my friend's Tahoe. The gas mileage is good, I can park it anywhere, and there's tons of room for all of mine and my kids' junk!"

good family car

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"My wife drives it most of the time. The main reason we bought it was the back seat roominess, great for getting kids out of car seats. Side air curtains. Decent mileage and pep. There are many blind spots and the turning radius is awful! The AWD in this vehicle leaves much to be deisred. My Audu A4 AWD will do circles in snow around the Equinox. The AWD is overated and not a value for this car. My wife enjoys the vehicle and it has been very reliable overall."

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have had my 08 Equinox for 4 months. I did have a Saturn Ion, but needed something bigger for my son and myself and out of all of the SUVs and midsize cars I looked at, this had the most room in the back seat so my son could sit back there and have plenty of leg room, all the others his knees would hit the back of the front seat with it all the way back. Gas mileage I can not complain, yes we all want more, but I took mine to Tennessee and averaged 27 mpg only about 6-7 miles less then my Ion (which was plastic, 4 cyl, and front wheel drive as where the equinox is metal, 6 cyl, and AWD). So far I love this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle used in August of 2007 with 33k miles. It is an LT AWD with all available optional equipment. The feature-per-dollar ratio and exterior styling was the initial attraction to the vehicle. The interior is comfortable, but the vast array of plastic surfaces render a rather down market feel. The ride is very car-like, but handling is typical SUV sloppy. There have been no problems to date with this vehicle in over a year aside from routine oil changes and tire replacements. I would recommend this as a used vehicle to someone wanting a low-cost, low-maintenance SUV; however, avoid any negative equity into the final sale price as residual values of this vehicle are terrible."

Back in the shop

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"My transmission - the electrical components have all been replaced and the sensors are still faulty. I have enjoyed this vehicle tremendously for the 4 years I've owned it. However, just this year it's been in the shop 6 times. I'm hoping if you are looking for a new Equinox the quality has improved. Unfortunately I had a similar experience with my prior GM vehicle - 3 years of excellent performance and then around 60K it went downhill. The service department has been helpful, but not been able to determine the problem in order to fix it. Make sure to shop the service department before you buy anything as well. Hope this note helps in your search."

Great mid size cross over

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Bought our 2005 Equinox in June of 2004. We have 50000 miles and have never had it in the shop yet. Gets great gas mileage. My wife loves it because it is easy to park anywhere. Plenty of room in the back seat since it adjusted. We got the all wheel drive and handles great in the snow."

Nice Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I have had my 05 Equinox for about 7 months. I think it is very nice, dependable....very roomy inside. Some of the moldings (inside and out) are loose, which is a concern. Not the highest quality as far as the body and trim go. But, for the money, not a bad vehicle at all. Rides very nice. I drive it quite a bit on the turnpike, and it goes well on long trips. Would be interested to see if the newer models have better quality trim/body"

needs improving

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I was attracted to this vehicle because it was a small SUV and better on gas than the larger ones. Overall I like the car but, have some complaints... 1. Terrible blind spots from the front windshield left and right. The frame a of the window can easily block the view of a motorcyle and even oncoming cars. 2. Car does not always crank on first try. 3. Paint on interior door handles, knobs on radio, power window controls is chipping off."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals