• 2014 Compact SUVs

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

LT AWD - Great SUV

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"Comfortable but slightly harsh ride. Roomy 5 passenger seating. The only complaint I have is the window switches are between the seats instead of on the door. They have since remedied this on the 2010 and later models."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"I bought this car new in the fall of 2005. I have had my Equinox longer and put more miles on it than any other vehicle I have owned. The engine is sound, I like the 6 cylinders for pick-up and the AWD. It is great to use to transport larger items. I do agree that the seat material is not great and stains very easily. I especially agree with the reviewer about paint chipping off the console/radio buttons. It started happening to my vehicle soon after I got it and had the radio buttons replaced once while it was still under warranty. Whoever designed the lighter/cell phone outlet directly below the cup holders, not one of your more brilliant ideas! The car, overall, has been very reliable through the years and I hesitate to get rid of it. I am considering replacing it with a new Equinox. I have spoken to some owners and they say it doesn't have great pickup, I assume it is a 4 cylinder. I haven't checked to see if it still comes in a 6 cylinder model."

This is a great vehicle..

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Well for some reason I could not type anymore in the (Review summary) it just stop letting me type anything else, what I was trying to put is since I bought it, it has been a great and very dependable vehicle. It has never not started for me or had any other problems ,I would trust it to drive from Michigan then to California to Florida then back to Michigan and do it all over again. That's how much I trust this vehicle, After I bought this vehicle,it was..I think at lease 2 yrs. later... I have it on record,anyway Equinox has a problem with there head gaskets,they used plastic head gaskets on there motors and it was a very bad idea because the antifreeze which was Dex-cool..well the Dex-cool eat the plastic head gasket and over $1700. dollars later and machined the heads and new tune up,it runs better now then ever..now it will see over 300.000. easy."

well maintained, purchased new, highway miles

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Never had any major mechanical problems. Transmission fluid changed out once and thermostat. One owner, one driver."

I believe this is a good vehicle overall

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Good Small Family Car"

Cons: "Only a Five seater"

"The gas cap is an after market key cap that doesn't create a good air tight seal. So this has caused the emission symbol to aluminate. the vehicle still gives me good gas mileage. The interior needs detailing due to kids so a good shampooing and it will be as good as new inside. Exterior is in very good condition. A/C very cold."

Never Buy This Car

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "NOTHING"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"This is the worst car I have ever driven. I would never reccomend this to anyone! I have owned this car for 6 months and I have already replaced the engine, breaks, spark plugs, axels, and my starter. I have also had $3K worth of front end work done to this car. I am almost $7K deep into repairs for this car and I CANNOT wait to get rid of it... What a lemon!!"

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CAR

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"LOVE THIS CAR"

No problems, No worries!

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "DIY maintenance, very sturdy"

Cons: "comfort during very long trips."

"I have owned a 2005 Chevy Equinox LS since I bought it brand new in May of 2005. I honestly have had no worries since I have owned the vehicle. The only thing I have replaced on the vehicle has been the thermostat. Other than the typical replacements, tires, brakes, oil, etc. I have been extremely happy! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, as long and the daily maintenance has been kept up with."

Gold Color good car drives grreat

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

"Engine is strong, Great pickup power Handles very good, has allwheel drive, reg. maint."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals