2011 Chevrolet Cruze

8.4

Based on 548 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Wonderful vehicle

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Style. Fuel economy. Comfort"

Cons: "No spare tire. Slow acceleration."

"Bought it used and it's an amazing car. Those who don't get good gas mileage, try resetting your average speed and fuel economy when you fill up. I've gotten 40 mpg on the highway numerous times! It's very comfortable to ride in (never rode in the back seat though). Speakers are so-so...and to be honest, it doesn't come with a spare tire and I wish it did. Instead it comes an air compressor and if you're lucky, fix a flat. So if you have a complete blow out, hello wrecker bill! The braking does take some getting used to as well as the slow acceleration at start off. I love it otherwise."

I love my Cruze

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "Great driving experience"

Cons: "A small hiccup in first shift"

"Bought my 2013 Cruze in July 2015 and have been very very satisfied with my purchase. I did not intend to buy another Chevy (was looking at a Honda Civic) but was blown away by the appearance, handling and overall feel. I have taken this car on two long road trips (NH and FL) and it was great. I look forward to see how it handles Ohio winters though."

Great little car. LOVE it.

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "price can always be better but not bad drives nice"

Cons: "a little small for me, but getting a custom to it"

"I had a great car before in a GMC Envoy 7 seater but fuel milage was only 16 and was killing us. This car I love everything about it. Great to park, Love the interior, Love the outside, LOVE the number at the gas pump...$96 Envoy TO $36 Cruze ECO per fill up and the Cruze gets more mpg's. LOVE IT, and it has more power....woooohooooo :). Now this winter might be a different thing...time will tell, no four wheel drive :(. We get 36mpg's around town driving. The sticker on the window said 26 - 39 mpg. On my trip to Myrtle Beach this summer we were getting 42.3 on the way home until we got in a lot of traffic on I95 and still ended up getting 40.1mpg :). We had the car LOADED with stuff (a lot of trunk room for a little car..p.s. I had my golf clubs in there too...woooo...hoooo) LOVE IT! I may buy another one to replace my Avalanche for everyday driving! But I need to keep at least one 4 wheel drive living in the mountains of PA."

Really pleased with this car, don't understand all

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, peppy, great MPG's and looks great!"

Cons: "little bit of turbo lag but that is to be expected"

"the complaining about their Cruzes. Mine is a LTZ RS model. Black on Black, I get 36 to 39 on highway runnning 75 to 80 going back in forth from Nashville to Knoxville. In town I get anywhere from 27 to 36 all day long, short intown driving to getting it on. Only complaint is little bit of turbo lag on take off but I am getting used to that now. Really like sporty looks of car and have had lot of folks tell me it is a good looking car. Really wanted a Maxima but for $10,000 less and I get at least 10 mpg better i am good for now."

This a solid car. I bought it for commuter car.

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

"This car has taken me all over the place. I have 31000 miles since june of 2011. Other than oil changes and the tire rotations, the only thing that has broken is the trunk button. 3 year 36000 miles covered it. I have the standard transmission, I have gotten over 40 mpg driving in Chicago traffic."

CUTE AWESOME ECONOMICAL CAR

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Reason: upgrade

"I loved my 2012 Chevy Cruze. Can't beat the highway gas mileage! We drive ALOT-between 15,000-20,000 miles a year. Having an AVERAGE 32 mpg was so helpful! 39-40 mpg on the Highway. It is an attractive car! And super fun to drive with the Turbo-charged engine! The sporty-economical duo was excellent! The comfort level suffered a little, because it is a smaller compact car. We traded in our Cruze after 4 years because we needed something with 4x4 for Montana winters. But I did love my Cruze!"

Way to go Chevrolet!

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "Great price, driveability and comfort"

Cons: "Sound system controls are not very intuitive"

"I have owned many cars in my life, from Corvettes to Mercedes, and this is quite possibly the best car I have ever had. It is effortless to drive and is smooth, comfortable and quiet. The 4 cylinder engine has plenty of pep. I have averaged about 33 mpg. I haven't had any quality issues whatsoever in the 3+ years I have had it. And the tech features are great: good sound system, bluetooth for hands-free phone, backup camera. I love that I can push a button on the wheel and then just say who I want to call."

One problem!

By on Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pros: "compact, stylish, smooth riding, fun to drive"

Cons: "mechanical problems"

"My Cruze is absolutely perfect for me. It is small but yet spacious and a great car for a mother to be like me. This car is smooth riding, has GREAT gas mileage, and is unique and stylish. One problem. My car keeps turning off by itself, for no reason. My car is a manual/stick shift. Sometimes I could be in the 6th gear going at 55mph just to have my car turn off like I took the key out of the ignition. It's happened quite a few times at night, which is unsafe due to the headlights also turning off with the car. It gives no warning, and NO codes! I took it to Chevy to have them look at it, only to say it was because my keys were too heavy because the computer wouldn't pick up any codes that the car could be giving off. Otherwise, I love this car and besides the mechanical problem, I would recommend this to anyone looking for an amazing car."

Safe through two crashes

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pros: "Safe, reliable, attractive, great value"

Cons: "Typical 4 cylinder car engine, meets expectations"

"Plenty of reviews on looks and quality of the vehicle, so I thought Id add a different perspective. (Though I rate highly on quality, havent had any issues) Ive been involved in two incidents, one minor and one more severe. The larger wreck was on the highway, got side-swiped by a truck that lost control. We were going about 60mph at the time. The car handled well through the crash, I was actually surprised that we didnt get knocked sideways since the truck that hit us was much heavier. My wife and I were completely fine through the whole crash, nobody got injured. Im not sure what the crash ratings are on the car, but I thought it did a good job in my case."

Love my Cruze!

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Great value, perfect size, reliable, comfortable"

"My Cruze is the perfect size, drives awesome, and looks fantastic. Feel like I got a luxury car for non-luxury price. Haven't had to do anything beyond regular maintenance. Great gas mileage - consistently 28-29 mpg highway/city combo. Love the blue color. I purchased my Cruze in Sept of 2011 and now it's Jan 2017, and still drives and feels like new. I've added a pic from when I bought it off the lot and it still looks and performs the same. Prefer Cruze above any other car I've owned!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Monday, December 2, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Fuel economy, Small,"

Cons: "long time for heater to turn on,"

"So im 18 years old. in the adult world now so i drive 3 hours a day to get to work and back. I had a 04 mustang and hated the gas milage so i decided as a adult i need to make a adult desicion so i decided on a Cruze. And let me tell you it was the best decision of my life i love how it drives the technology in it, and the fuel economy! I did a great choice in my car choice and my BF has a Malibu which i liked but it was to big for me this car is smaller which fits me perfectly!One thing i do not like is how long it takes for the heater to start working you def. have to start your car ahead of time before you can actually get in it. i plan on keeping this car for a while which with only 11700 is possible so when i have kids they can fit in the back! i cant get over how much i love this car!<3 Pricing on these car is great for how much money you will save in fuel! But be careful with car insurance cause this baby does have turbo, It is to help the fuel economy not that the car cant get up and go but that is not what i use it for. It will be higher than other cars though due to that so be aware! But ya if you are thinking about getting this car i would totally say DO IT!"

Reliable and Efficient Commuter

By on Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pros: "Good Price, Excellent mileage, good reliability"

Cons: "a little tight on the inside, no spare tire"

"Bought the 2014 Cruze Diesel right when it was available. No regrets. Other that a pesky exhaust temp sensor, no issues and great mileage. I have a 140 mile round trip commute, so really appreciate the 45 mpg highway mileage I get."

Not bad

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Excellent interior, nice price, fun car"

Cons: "transmission, gas mpg"

"11' LTZ cruze. Overall the car isn't bad. The gas mileage isn't all that great. I maybe manage 31 on the highway. My previous car a Saturn SL2 i got 32 combined. The biggest complaint i have is the transmission. It shifts through the gears really quick and if you drive in the city with stop in go it bangs around. Told this is normal for the 11' cruze. I doubt it will be that reliable as it gets older, it is a Chevy, and with the transmission shifting, i'm sure it will fail shortly after the 100k mark."

Great car

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pros: "Reliable and fuel efficent"

Cons: "stray bolts"

"Purchased this vehicle new in September 2012. Vehicle is very reliable and has not given me any issues. Some things I did notice about this vehicle is that when it is cold outside the radio does not work. However you can still play a cd or use your connected phone. Another issue that no one can figure out is a popping sensation on the floor board when the car is cold and you turn to the left. Back in early 2016, I took the car in for regular oil change and tire rotation. When the dealership put the vehicle up on the lift, they discovered the boot seal was torn. When they pulled the transmission off to fix it, a stray bolt fell out. It had apparently fell in between the transmission and engine at the factory. It did damage part of the engine block. Since the vehicle was under warranty, they replaced the entire motor."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pros: "Price, gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Heater control right next to right leg."

"This car is great. Great gas mileage. Only limited repair issued (Trunk release). Chevrolet support has been great in getting her in and maintaining it. A great buy for a great price!"

Great Small Sedan

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Pros: "Good viewing out all windows. Nice space in trunk"

Cons: "Slight hestiation when hitting the gas pedal"

"Really liked this car. Good gas mileage. Only traded it because I wanted an SUV due to snow driving."

Economical choice.

By on Monday, November 28, 2016

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "Domestic car so it quickly depreciates"

"I drive a 2014 Cruze Eco 1.4L Manual. I traded my 2012 Impreza for this car. The impreza holds it's value much better than this Cruze does unfortunately. The impreza had sub par mileage and the interior was....Cheap. Constant rattles, the CVT Was garbage I drove this and fell in love. (The Impreza interior was so loud the people in the back couldn't hear a conversation in the front) The manual model is very fun to drive and is also economical when you need it to be. Throughout the course of the 31,000 miles i've owned it, I've averaged 38MPG and had calculated 44.5 MPG on a long drive down to Portland from Seattle. (60-75 MPH two occupants) Interior quality is above average compared to other in it's segment I believe. I have friends that got the Automatic and hated this car because of the tranny...This is a manual or nothing car. if you buy this car lightly used you'll get a great deal off this car. I purchased new from a dealer and got the Oil changes for life and the "Forever Power train warranty". We'll see how that "Forever" lasts when I drive this til the wheels fall off."

Nice Car but could be just a little better

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "manual shifting is great for constant stop and go."

Cons: "Does not perform well off the line."

"The car has a nice look and has comfortable seats that are good at holding you in place. The adjustable steering is great. Handling in very good and will impress you. The sound system is very nice and sounds great. There is room for improvement with the automatic shifting as it tends to downshift early and produces a jerking feeling. The car needs more torque as it tends to be rather sluggish off the line but improves greatly once in 5th and 6th gear. You will not be winning any races with this car so if you are looking to run with the faster cars keep looking."

Still going strong after 90k miles

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Reason: needed a bigger car

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, sleek look, reliable"

Cons: "Trade-in value wasn't that good"

"I purchased my 2012 Cruze brand new and sold it at 38,000 miles because I needed a minivan. I'm in touch with the new owner, who has been cross country a few times with it. The car has been very good to both of us, with no major issues other than routine maintenance."

Diesel engine worth the money, 63 mpg highway.

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Getgo is great, quiet, mileage=terrific."

Cons: "A/C could be better, takes a while to cool down."

"The car is comfortable, quiet has the best mileage of any car I've ever owned (I'm a senior citizen). It has the typical turbo 1-2 second lag found in almost all turbocharged engines; after that it will really haul! On a recent trip (doing 65 mph most of the way) the mileage for 50 miles was an impressive 63.1 MPG (there is an economy gauge with top economy auto-recorded). Cool temperatures and max tire inflation using cruise control were significant factors. I understand the engine is from Germany, no typical diesel rattle or noise. I do wish the hatchback was available in 2014, I'd get it. Well equipped, Onstar is no substitute for a good GPS. Regret I didn't get a built in one! Excellent backup camera and blind spot warning system."

Great car at a good price

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"I am very happy with my 2013 Cruze. I have had no problems whatsoever with it. For this size car, it is comfortable and fun to drive. The only thing that I might do different is get the next size up engine from the little 2.1"

I love this Cruze. This is the second one.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great gas milage."

Cons: "Not enough leg room in backseat if you have family"

"I trade ever year and this is the second Cruze I have owned. It is a nice size car for any reason. It is fun to drive because it has plenty of pep and small enough to go any where in the city. I get 37 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg around town. It has almost all the extras that you could want. Rear view camera, Nav system, Side alert mirrows, Heated seats, Rear bumper alert system and much more It has a nice leather interior with nice leg room in the front. The only draw back is not enough leg room in the back seat but I am the only one in the car. Will buy another one when they change the body style."

I love my Penelope CRUZE!!!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "MPG, great features, eye appeal, safety"

Cons: "Lagging take off"

"First of all I have realized that I see what I want and I get blinded and don’t give anything else a chance. Which I started to do this time too I drove the Cruze and I just wasn’t feeling it I didn’t care for the way it took off but I did like the interior and the ride was nice, quiet and smooth. I took a couple days and researched the car more and went back to the lot to see what else they had for me. While I was getting the keys to drive an Equinox, a Cruze ECO model drove past me and I was taken back a bit… going wait that’s a Cruze… it seemed the slightly different front of the ECO and the rims made it seem like a totally different car then I had originally driven. So naturally I wanted those keys as well! The first one I drove I didn’t do much customizing of the seats just kind of moved it back some (I’m 6 foot tall so a small car was already going to be a hard sale) So I drove the Cruze ECO and fixed the seat and steering wheel to be the most comfortable for me, and took it for a spin. Still the takeoff does kind of lag a bit but really for a 4 cyl it’s not so bad, it’s something you can learn to get used to. Once I adjusted the seats I didn’t feel like a giant person in a small car I was actually quite comfortable. I fell in love that day and drove it home that night! I guess I was lucky because the one I happen to pick had the Connectivity Package which gives you the auxiliary port, USB port, and Bluetooth (which I am now addicted to, taking my calls through my car is so nice I don’t have to worry about missing calls while driving and I am not distracted because it’s pretty much like the person is in the car with me). I am so happy that I didn’t rule this car out judging by the first one I saw… Because I absolutely love this car! The interior is very eye appealing yet not to insane (to many buttons make things more complicated)! The exterior is sleek and sharp a very nice upgrade from the previous Cavalier and Cobalt. I live in Missouri where the summers get hot and the winters are cold… and really there don’t seem to be many in between days therefore I think my gas mileage may not be the norm but still it’s great! In town driving I get 27-30 MPG and Highway I get 32-36 (on the very few good days where I don’t need a lot of AC or HEAT I have gotten closer to 40 (HWY). I would recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a new car! As a matter of fact my friend bought one a week ago! We went car shopping for 2 weeks started with the Cruze then test drove everything else that appealed to her… in the end the Cruze was the only car that gave her the same “Wedding Dress” feeling it gave me!"

Great little ride!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I love my new Cruze...totally gets me a big bang for my $$. Just getting out of college and I want something nice but can't afford a lot...and I'm loving the styling (interior) - makes me feel like I have something more expensive!"

very cool looking

By on Saturday, October 22, 2016

Pros: "A nice car with lots of toys"

Cons: "no inside trunk release and no trunk key"

"It was a great car until the clutch and transmission went. The transmission is under warranty but it took GM over a month to provide the dealer with a new one. Dealer said the problem is common and there is no inventory. The clutch is not covered because it is considered a wear item and costs about $1000 to replace. The RS has a heavy duty and expensive clutch and there are two available clutches and dealer has to remove transmission and clutch before they can order the correct one. Looks like down time will be about 6 weeks. The dealer is great but I think GM could do more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cruze near Honolulu. See local deals