2012 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 705 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

FAST AND FURIOUS....

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "SPEED AND POWER"

Cons: "SEATS"

LAWLESS

"GREAT LOOKS, MODERN MUSCLE WITH CORNERING ABILITY BUT SEATS NEED IMPROVEMENT. BUY ONE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED!!!!!!"

LAWLESS

very good car.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "most bang for buck !"

Cons: "could use interior upgrade."

"Quick, fast, stops good, handles good,looks good, could use upgraded interior."

Best Vette Yet!! I've owned four (69,87,99,07).

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive and handles like a dream."

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned four corvettes: 1969 Roadster (two tops), 1987 Coupe, 1999 Convertible, and a 2007 Z06. I loved them all, but the Z06 is the best vette yet!"

Best vehicle owned to date!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "voice activated commands, paddle shifters"

"This review is on a Atomic Orange 2008 Corvette Z51 with the 4LT option package, duel roof panels, duel mode exhaust system, chrome wheels, paddle shifters, and all other options available for model year 2008 for a Z51 configuration. Positives: When entering this car, one cannot help but notice immediately how much of a difference the 4LT option package sets it apart from the standard Corvette interior. The leather dash and door panels are all softly padded, and the quality and appearance is first rate. Additionally, the two tone seats help to set this car apart from the standard Corvette and are quite comfortable. Push on the brake and tap the ignition button and the car immediately comes to life. The throaty LS3 V8 under the hood sounds great, and with the optional duel mode exhaust, the exhaust is set to bypass when first started, letting out a distinctive growl letting you know this is no ordinary car. Power from the LS3 engine is very strong and is available from idle all the way to red line. Regardless of how fast you may be going, a punch of the gas peddle brings instant gratification with enough power to make passing a breeze. Handling is also exceptional, as this car feels like it's glued to the road, with surface imperfections upsetting the car very little, never allowing the car to feel out of control. This is a true solidly built sports car that will allow you to go and tear up a track on one day, and take a comfortable trip across the country on the next. If driven with a light foot and liberal use of the cruise control, you should see gas mileage well in excess of what the car is rated for. I average around 30 mpg around town when taking it easy. You can count on getting around 32-33 mpg up to a speed of around 65 mph, at which time the mileage will drop down to around 28. Not bad for a car with 436 hp. Reliability has been exceptional, with no service calls required for warranty repairs at anytime while I've had the car. The appearance of the car is very modern, yet holds true to Corvettes of the past. The Heads Up Display is a must, as I consider it a great safety feature. With the HUD, the driver rarely has to take his or her eyes off the road. It operates in three modes, one for street use and two for track use. In street mode it shows speed, engine rpm, as well as navigation, radio stations, etc... and if there are any problems needing attention, it'll also tell you to "Check Gauges". In track mode it will also allow you to select one of the gauges such as engine temperature, and shows the amount of g forces your pulling at any given time. The only item missing from the HUD is the ability to show the amount of fuel left, something earlier models of Corvette HUDs' had. Storage space is this car is plentiful, as it is very roomy for a two seat sports car. The fastback version has over 23 cubic feet of luggage space, more than most regular cars, and considerably more than it's rivals. GM's OnStar service allows you to drive with confidence knowing that regardless of where your at, should there be a problem, your no further than the press of a button away from help. Negatives: The transmission is a bit slow to respond to paddle shifter commands. There should be a button on the steering wheel for the voice activated navigation system and stereo system. Voice activated commands are sketchy at best. There should be means to update software for the navigation system and other computer systems throughout the car through the OnStar service. I highly recommend this vehicle in any configuration to someone who wants a sports car or simply does not need a large car. Insurance is cheaper than numerous other cars, as the majority of Corvette owners are very particular about their cars. This is my second Corvette, my last being a 2003 Corvette convertible. I plan to purchase another Corvette in the future, as this car makes driving fun."

Buy one, you won't regret it!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Smile inducing fun machine"

Cons: "I should have bought the Z06"

"Awesome car, buy one and you will drive everywhere with a smile on your face!"

A Great Car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Everything you will ever want in a sports car"

Cons: "No status and a great value only with 3LT option."

"This is my 3rd Vette. Compared to my 2003 Mercedes SL55, this is far superior. Totally reliable and loaded w/features(3LT). You will not be disappointed. Just change oil and filters and you're good for 100K miles."

WOW,WOW,WOW

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Its a real super car....u will smile every time u drive it!!!"

"WOW...what else can I say.traded my porsche 911 for my Zo6......best move i ever made!!!"

Better than my Viper

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "The looks, drive, speed and handling"

Cons: "A little snug, I am 6'4 though."

"I had my 2006 Viper for years, then a friend bought a used 2007 ZO6. After a few debates, a race and a swap. I went to a dealer and ordered a new ZO6. Over 12,000 miles later.... I love it! From the cruze to work to track time. It is a true supercar! The only sad thing was I had to go out of state to get a test drive of the 2011's. I was at a dealership in Arizona and a sales guy said, "We don't do test drives on new Corvettes. Only when we have a deal." It might have cost me an extra $1828 to ship it but it was sure worth it. Thanks Chevy......"

AMAZING

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"PURE EXELANCE"

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

LOVE My 'Grand Sport' Vette

By on Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I just bought my 3rd Vette. I owned a C5 (2003) and a C6 (2007) and just bought my 2011 'Grand Sport' on 12/1/10. I absolutely LOVE THIS Grand Sport!!! After owning 2 Coupes, the look of the Grand Sport is just way sportier. It is WELL worth the extra money. Love the performance, size and design (inside and out). I have had Camaro's, Firebird's, Trans Am's and Mustangs, but I always wanted a Vette. I have never regretted it from the time I bought one. I would not want to own anything else!"

2007 Red Vette

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW AND WITHIN THE 1ST YEAR THE REAR MAIN LEAKED OIL--WARRENTY COVERED--A COUPLE TIMES THE 4 WAY FLASHERS HAVE COME ON FOR NO REASON DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY AND THE DASH LIGHTS WENT BLANK, BUT HASN'T HAPPENED IN ALONG TIME. I HATE ALL THE ELECTRONICS-STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED THEM OUT AND THE SELF DIMMING REAR MIRROR, BUT LOVE THE CAR. GETS 28-30 MPG ON HIWAY AND LOTS OF POWER-HAVE NEVER FLOORBOARDED IT YET. I NOTICE ON KBB, ITS DEPRECIATED $20,000 IN 4 YEARS AND 12,000 MILES."

The best for the money!

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I have owned C-4, C-5 and now the C-6 GS, I also own a 997 Turbo and had owned a 996 Turbo 550hp. Both sports cars are a great but the 997 cost me $176,000 and the Vette cost me $65,000, by far the Vette is worth what you pay, the fit and finish is not near as nice as the Porsche but with a little tweeking on the Vette 436 horse to 500 it will out run the my Porsche and out handle it for a price difference of more then $100,000!"

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

"This thing is a beast and yet a blast to drive. The Vette is , hands down, the best car in the market for what you pay. I have loved every minute of driving it around since I got it. Performance, handling and asthetics are 2nd to nothing else. I will buy another and I highly recommend that every American get their hands on one at some point in their life. If you don't you won't have a clue what an engineering marvel is."

Excellent Bang for the Buck

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Not sure what Disappointed from Virginia is talking about. The "clunking" from the differential was a matter of changing the rear axle fluid per a TSB, and of course the rear window has some distortion considering the radical curve in it. Was your car in a flood? This is my first Corvette and it's been flawless in operation so far. I waited until this generation because many of the shortcomings that went with prior generations were taken care of in this generation. I doubt you can find another car out there offering this kind of world class performance for the money. I have the paddle shift automatic that has worked flawlessly in either mode, and a nice compromise for a manual tranny. The paint, build quality and reliability are good. The disappointment is the interior. Chevy put their money in the performance and skimped on the interior to keep the price down. It's tastefully done, but the seats are not as supportive and comfortable as they should be. I'd have given up things like automatic temp control and lighting for better seats any day. Be aware that the car is low, so ingress/egress can be tricky if you aren't as "flexible" as you once were. Overall, an excellent buy for a car in this category."

my 3rd Vette

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"Purchased this car new in mid 08, got the ls3 with upgraded wheels. This is my third vette and bar none the best vette ever put on the road. The engine is flawless, always there in low or mid ipm range, its a rocket and its addicting. Nice looking interior with hand stiched leather around the cockpit and carbon fiber mid console. Gages are easy to read and positioned nicely, I did not get the HUD on this car but was nice in my C5. One big improvement over the C5 is the short shift 6 speed, from 1st to second is now no longer and arm movement but merely just your wrist moving. The removable top now feels more solid with an interior feeling and its quite quiet. Awsome car, best 50 grand I ever spent and you can run with sports cars perhaps double the price..."

Wow !!

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"This car is a blast .. just like the 4 others i've had!!!! I was a Mustang guy until this. Performance, styling, head-turner, gas mileage, you just can't bet it !! By far the most bang for the bucks.. Get one, you will be more than happy !!! If you are 6'3" or taller, don't think about riding on the passenger side ... who would do that anyway ..."

A Real Sports Car

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"A car that performs at an affordable level is the best summary I can give for the Chevrolet Corvette C6. I have owned my 2005 Vette since 2007, about 3 yrs now, and driven it 40k miles putting it at a total of 55k miles. Its been a trouble free, extremele pleasurable experience. I replace the oil with Mobil 1 synthetic recommended by GM and have put tires on it. Tires are the only thing that are a bothersome as they are pricey and last around 25k miles NOT driving it rough. I have heard horror stories about sports car from a place called Germany that starts with the letter "P" costing thousands of dollars to maintain. This is no such thing with the Vette. It has looks, performance and affordability. Did I mention its seats are as comfy as Cadillacs? GM didnt cheat you out in any sense. The C6 interior is much more attractive than past Corvettes. I have the navigation screen which definitely gives it a sleek look. I am hooked and wouldnt consider going to its closest rival from Germany. And the others, I enjoy seeing you in my rear view mirror. Cant wait for the C7!"

America's sportscar

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"This is a car that turns heads everywhere I go. The car is fast, stylish, and great on gas( 20/30). I always wanted one and I'm glad I got it."

Awesome car

By on Monday, January 11, 2010

"Tremendous value for the money"

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

Awesome car !!!!

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"I special ordered this car in 2006 as a 2007 model. I now have 24,000 miles on it and I've had zero issues. It's got great power, handling and it's comfortable. I've driven it from Annapolis, Maryland to Oklahoma City and back. No problems. Can't say enough about this car. I owned a new Lotus Elise before this car and it was an absolute nightmare. So happy I bought the Vette. Plus, like Harley Davidson, the accessory and customization parts for Corvette are endless."

Lots of fun....

By on Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"If I had know these were so much fun I would have bought one a long, long time ago."

2006 Z06

By on Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Good value and great power. Steering and transmission on the 2006 models are not great, supposedly improved in later models. Vette's of this year had problems with the plactic tops delaminating. For the power, it is easy to drive part throuttle around town as it will lug down and pulls smoothly at all rpm's. Gets remarkable mileage for the horsepower. Goodyear runflat tires wear out very quickly and ride hard with a lot of noise. For me, the worst aspect of the car is the seats; very uncomfortable and no support. Fun to drive but needs to be respected as the power will put you sideways quick if you are not alert."