2005 Chevrolet Corvette

9.3

Based on 702 Ratings for the 2005 - 2013 models.

Great car (Reviewed Vs. Similar Segment Cars)

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Huge bang for buck, fun to drive, very fast."

Cons: "Interior design, seats lack side bolstering"

"I got my Corvette a little over a year ago and it has been fantastic. I do not just keep it in the garage 100% of the time, I drive it like it was meant to be driven as often as I can and the car handles it perfectly. That is not to say I beat on it, but I will go out and have a spirited drive on a weekend every now and then. When driven hard, the Goodyears that come stock are a little unforgiving with big bumps and at the limits of grip (they like to break loose fast). This is not a problem for 99% of owners, but it is my opinion for the other 1%. As for a road trip car, I have not owned a better one. On long trips the seats are comfortable, the ride is not harsh, and the engine is quiet at low revs. I also pull about 30MPG on long trips where I am traveling at about 65-70mph. I average about 22.5mpg overall. I love the car and would only ever trade it for a newer Corvette, fantastic car. That said, it is a sports car, it has only 2 seats, can not be driven in the winter, is a hairy drive in heavy rain, it takes premium gas, all the components (tires, brakes, oil, alignments, etc.) are expensive, and it rides very low which makes it a challenge to get in and out of, more so with the roof on. Know what you are buying, if, like me, you do not care about it being practical, it is a fantastic car and you will love it to death. If you want more practicality, I'd consider looking at an M3, not as fast, but much more livable if you get the sedan."

I really lovew everything about this car!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks - Performance - Handling Charistics - FUN!"

Cons: "It has none!"

"This is the most awesome vehicle I have ever driven or owned. It is "Beauty" and "The Beast". It is total fun, excitement, and stunning in both looks and performance - one could never hope to have a more complete and total package (including fantastic value)."

Best Vette I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Has all the power I will ever need!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Headlights are a little dim down the road."

"This is my 5th Vette 2013 GS LT2 coupe!By for this C6 out performs the previous ones I owned! MPG is 27 @ 70 MPH not bad at all.The only thing that Chevrolet could have done better is the headlights at night even with the high beam on I find you cannot see that for ahead,but overall I Love my Vette !!!!"

Awesome ride

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun, great mileage, no problems in 5 years"

"We have owned 5 Corvettes and 5 Nissan 280 - 350 Z's. This is by far the best of all of them. It is scary fast, very economical to drive, and fun, fun, fun. It has also held value really well. We average 29+ mpg on a long trip, city and hwy combined."

2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksey car

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive and you sure get a lot of looks"

Cons: "C-6 harded to get out of than earlier cars"

"I have owned several and worked on many Corvettes over the years from a 1953 to a 2008. Currently own a 1973 454 4spd for over 30 years, a 2006 6 spd convertible and a 2008 Z-06 Wil Cooksy special edition. The performance of the C-6 generation cars is so amazing. The 2006 is more enjoyable to drive than the 2008 but for sheer excitement the 2008 is the hardest running Corvette I have ever been around. I wish they would have put the better seats in the Z-06 like were available in the regular cars. I am 6'4" and am comfortable in the car for long trips. Harder to get out of than a C-5 they had a bump about half way up the rear door post you could use to push up on. You would be hard pressed to find a car that gives you the handling, performance and the head turning of a Corvette for anywhere near the cost."