2004 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 693 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

A real Gem!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, MPG better than SubarU"

Cons: "Interior F&F could better."

"I've owned 5 Corvettes. This C5 is the best. No drama, just goes and goes... Gas milage isn't bad. always at least 28 on the road. I even pumped it up to 475HP. Real factory Hp is 430... I had a 911 and this will run rings around it. Always feels grounded. With cross-drilled brakes it will stop on a dime... Very good value if you can find a good one."

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Has been very reliable and still in good shape

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "It has served me well and been very reliable"

Cons: "this car has convinced me to buy a 2011 Vette"

"This is a company car that has given me very good service. It still averages 24.5 MPG. Drivers seat shows wear but is repairable. It has a lot of miles but still runs well. It gets all good miles and does not burn oil. the front seals are starting to get tired. I have used Mobil 1 for life of the car and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."

2004C5 The car is a rocketship, Very fast and Fun

By on Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a good car"

Cons: "softer suspension,"

"The car drives like a dream" The launch off the line is amazing, mustangs and vipers and even motorcycles have a problem off the line with 2004 C5 automatic, I'm assuming someone put a chip in my car, its scary fast. I would never get rid of it. By the way its also a semi-convertible with room for 2 sets of golf clubs."

Very sporty and agile

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holders, so we added one"

"This car rides and drives as well as any car I have every owned. I was a bit reluctant to buy it because of drive-ability of previous models, but that problem was solved. Interior quality lacks a little - GM could have spent a little more time/money and done an excellent job. My car is "bone stock" but the power-to-weight ratio is VERY high so no need for any more horsepower. Styling is timeless, and the Victory red with black convertible top always gets a lot of looks when we are out in it."

scarry fast all stock except for exhaust

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "always fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only"

"purchased 5 yrs.ago for 22k. had 42k.miles currently have 51k. on odometer. pristine condition with glass top and corsa exhaust system. a real eye catcher in metallic silver love my toy.this car is currently not for sale maybe in a few years Im 60 yrs. old and still like a thrill."

2003 50th Anniverery Car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great power, handling and looks"

Cons: "could have had a little more refined interior"

"This is truly one of the nicest corvettes made. It drives great plenty of power and great gas milage. I love driving it with the top down always get lots of compliments. The car handles like a dream. Looking forward to getting a 2014 model next."

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."